- 1 THE BOOK SHELF
- 6 Overview
- 7 Reading
- 8 Assessment
- 9 Media
THE BOOK SHELF
Here is a shelf full of resources which has been specially prepared for you as a DIET faculty
You are required to select and read the books according to your convenience. You may either read them in the electronic version or, if you can afford, take a print out and read the print version.
I. Thought and Practice
- Select any one of the following books. Read them carefully.
Prepare a brief write-up containing following points.
- What did you learn from the book?
- How could this book influence your work as a DIET faculty?
- Visit the site given below, from where these books are presented to you. Select any one book given in the site and prepare a brief write-up answering the above two questions.
Thought and Practice
II. TEN INNOVATIVE TEACHERS
Here is a collection of ten case studies of exceptional teachers. You are required to read them, of course at your convenience. Find out, in consultation with your colleagues/friends at least one teacher from your district who is innovative. Prepare a similar write-up on the teacher.
- KANTILAL B. DONGA
- NANJI J. KUNIA
- JASUBHAI M. PATEL
- HASMUKH M. ACHARYA
- TARADEN B. UPADHYAYA
- AJITSINH M. SOLANKI
- SHAMBHAVIK. JOSHI
- BAVABHAI G. SONDHARVA
- BHAGWATI M. JOSHI
- RAMANLAL B. SONI
III. SHIKSHANA VAARTE
Go to the web page given below and study the circulars provided. Find out which of these circulars have implications for DIET. Write the implications of any three circulars to a DIET.
DID YOU KNOW THIS?
It is possible to search a particular school in any part of Karnataka using a search facility. Think of one or two schools that you know of and search by going to the following site
- School Search 
It is also possible to find out an officer in the education department of the state. You may like to go to the following site and find out an officer, say in your own District.
- Officer Search 
- Exceptional Teachers
- Teachers as Transformers
- A Replicable Training Strategy
- Classrom Processes- Comparative Case Studies
- There is an exceptional link for innovations in teaching containing articles and books. You can go for the link of ARAVIND GUPTHA TOYS.The link is '''http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/'''
FOR EXPANDING YOUR KNOWLEDGE
Please find some time out of your busy schedule to read at least a few of the following books.
Write what thoughts occurred in your mind as you read them?
How and in which of your activities would you use the learnings from this reading?
Norms for Opening a New Primary School
- If you seek to know the norms governing starting of a primary school in Karnataka, please visit the site 
RESEARCH STUDIES AND ARTICLES
You would find a large number of reported researches and research based articles in books and on the web. Here are a few of them for those who seek to know more.
- Against didacticism
- Effectiveness of early childhood education programme
- Assessment tools
- Job satisfaction and burnout
- Parent involvement in public schools
- Diversity and complexity in the classroom
- Learning social studies through mastery approach
- Role of the principal
- The Use of Management Information Systems (MIS)
- [Educational books,Toys and films by Aravind gupta]