VirtualMV/Internet and Web/What is HTML?
|Internet and Web|
|Theory||Introduction | What is HTML? | Client Server ecosystem | Glossary | History and Future | How the Internet works | Types of Website | Markup Languages | Interactive Websites ||
|Web Tools||Web Browsers | Search Engines (SEO Optimization) | World Wide Web (Hypertext and Page) | Cookies | Email | Discussion Forums | FTP | (SSH, IRC)|
|Technologies||Connecting | Broadband | Mobile | Web Conferencing | Intranets, Extranets, Tunneling | Gateway Servers ||
|Issues||Security | Legal (Privacy, Confidentiality, Integrity) | Copyright and Fairdealing | Accessibility | Culture and Netiquette ||
|Web Site Development||Planning ( Types | For Mobile) | Development (Design Components | Graphic Design) | Programming | Hosting | Marketing and Promotion | Advertising | Business Intelligence | Monitoring and Maintenance (Performance Tuning)|
|Web Site Management||Roles | Management | User Expectations | Content Management | Site Maintenance | Policies and Guidelines | Promotion | Risk Management|
What is HTML?
- In what year was the Hypertext system released and by who?
- What does the term tag mean for html?
- What is the first tag in an HTML file?
- What do HTML and XHTML have in common?
- List and describe the three areas used when authoring web pages.
- Compare static web hosting and dynamic web hosting. Find two actual examples on the Web (not those listed in the text).
- Use wikipedia to list the three most popular web browsers and their market share.
- Describe the difference between an html text editor and an HTML WYSIWYG editor.