VirtualMV/Flash12 (CS6)/Media Basics
|Overview||What is Flash? | Resources | History | Quick reference | Upgrading | Design Examples | Journal | Troubleshooting|
|Basics||Media Basics | Text | Graphics | Animation ( Timeline | Classic tween | Shape tween | Object tween | Motion guide | Movie clip ) | Audio | Video|
|Text||Scrollbox | Stop Movie | Importing HTML | TLF Features|
|Graphics||Spraybrush and Art Deco Tool | Fast Loading Photo Album|
|Audio and Video||Audio ( Adding Sound to a button | Toggle Background Music | Toggle sound using buttons ) | Video ( Advanced Techniques | Alpha Channels | Video Resources )|
|Animation||Complex Animation | Mouth Animation|
|Navigation||Introduction | Joke Book ( Adding Buttons ) | Journal Navigation|
- Flash Authoring Tool – Creates / edits content for the web. Files stored in .FLA format.
- Flash Plug-in – Installed automatically with most common browsers, but must be installed in the Web browser for the end user to see the content in the .SWF file.
- Flash Projector – Does not require a Web browser to play. Can be distributed on CD-ROMs or disks. Stored in .EXE (Windows) or .HQX (Mac).
The Flash Interface
- Timeline – allows you to control the static and moving elements in the project file using Layers, Playhead, Frames, and Status Bar.
- Stage – where your animation and images appear. White area is visible to the end user.
- Work Area – Light grey area around the Stage – invisible to the end user. You can place objects here until you want them to appear on the stage.
- Zoom (box) – drop down menu that allows you to quickly zoom in and out of the contents of the Stage.
- The Toolbox – contains tools that are necessary for creating and editing artwork.
- The Panels – Color and Library commonly displayed. Others appear if selected (sometimes as tabs).
- Property Inspector –Displays any relevant properties for objects, such as text, symbol instances, frames and component s.
- Actions –A popup window where you can add interactivity to the objects (Press [F9] to open the window)
- Workspace layout - (introduced CS4) allows you to select from layout templates
- UT Martin (n.d.) Beginning Flash, Instructional Technology Center . Retrieved December 6, 2006 from http://www.utm.edu/departments/itc/handouts/Beginning_Flash.pdf