|Occupation:||Special Education Teacher (autism)|
|Languages:||Finnish, Spanish, English (Swedish, German, French)|
- I am a musician specialized in Cuban music,
- Master of Arts in Education and Special Education Teacher.
- Currently I am working in the Kilonpuisto School as a special education teacher teaching autistic pupils.
- My Teaching is based on the principle: Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand. Chinese Proverb
- I have played in numerous domestic and foreign bands.
- In Cuba I played in following bands:
- Some of the Cuban music bands in Finland I have played in:
- Septeto Son (1982-1992),
- Orquesta aché,
- Los Gigantes
- Tri Cohiba, etc.
- I graduated from University of Turku with Master of Arts in Education in 2005.
- I began my musical studies in the Espoo Music Institute (1973-1982) double bass was my main instrument.
- I studied in the Turku Conservatory (1982-1986).
- I lived in Santiago de Cuba nine years from 1992 to 2001 and worked there as a professional musician playing tres in Casa de la Trova.
- I have participated in some Learning4Content workshops and learned many useful skills that I want to use in the future.
Tutorial 1 Introducing a Wiki
Tutorial 2 Creating an Account
Tutorial 3 Editing Basics
Tutorial 4 Basic Text Formatting
Tutorial 5 New Pages and Links
Tutorial 6 Images and Media
Tutorial 7 Collaborative Editing
Tutorial 8 Communication and Interaction
Tutorial 9 Pedagogical Templates
Tutorial 10 Thinking about Structure/Subpages
Tutorial 11 Navigation templates
Tutorial 12 What is free content?
Tutorial 13 Developing a teaching resource
Tutorial 14 Wikieducator tutorial/Using free images
Rich text editor tutorials
Tutorial 1 Introducing a Wiki
Tutorial 2 Creating an account
Tutorial 3 Editing basics
Tutorial 4 Basic text formatting
Tutorial 5 New pages and links
Tutorial 6 Images
Tutorial 7 Collaborative editing
Tutorial 8 Communication and interaction
Tutorial 9 Pedagogical templates
Tutorial 10 Thinking about structure
Tutorial 11 Navigation templates
Tutorial 12 What is free content?
Tutorial 13 Developing a teaching resource
Photos and Music
El Paraíso, Santiago de Cuba 2009
Casa de la Trova, Santiago de Cuba (here I worked nine years as musician)
Kantele from Finland
The golden singer (Reinaldo Creach)
Feedback and Courses
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi, I liked your Teaching principle: Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand. (Chinese Proverb)--Ravi limaye 05:09, 1 October 2011 (UTC))
(: Hi Tero, Greetings! Congratulations for having decided to join eL4C!...and wishing you a very interesting and worthy learning time with the eminent facilitators of our WikiEducator family! Warm regards Anil Prasad 12:10, 24 September 2011 (UTC))
- Welcome back, Tero. Nice to see you here again. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 00:08, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you Patricia! Great to be back! Warm wishes --Teromakotero 07:39, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Tero, Just dropped in on you page and happy to see the wonderful work that you have put in. Must have been a great effort. Congratulations! --Kalpana Gupte 10:24, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Tero, Good to see a familar face and being among friends. Thanks for coming in again. I have created a tab below under which you will find the course info. You could move the other ones in their as well, to keep your page clean looking, if you wish. Just a suggestion. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 19:51, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Tero - Looks like you have lots of wiki skills already :) Looking forward to working with you. Have you anything in particular you want to develop? (I seem to have become involved in playing the ukulele in my spare time) - Michael ( Mverhaart 10:47, 29 November 2010 (UTC) )
- Hi Tero! It is my pleasure to comment on your page. Your work is inspiring. Looking forward to collaborating and sharing with you. Emmanuel Nalumenya, 7:42 16 December, 2010.
- Hi Tero! Your work is exceptional. Looking forward to networking with you. Emmanuel Nalumenya 8:57 29 December, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Tero! I am inspired by your commitment! I will definately borrow a leaf from you.Emmanuel Nalumenya 8:57 09 January,2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for your kind words, Emmanuel! --Teromakotero 16:48, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi tero..Happy to be acquainted with you on this wiki platform..have a great day--Shijisubodh 06:26, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Tero..Thank you for the warm greetings from Finland...Your user page is really attrative...--Lizynavin 16:20, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Sir,thank you for veiwing my user page....ur valuable suggestions are always welcome--Shijisubodh 15:11, 14 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Sir......--Shijisubodh 16:02, 22 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Tero, your page is wonderful.--Veena Dhume 10:02, 7 May 2011 (UTC)Veena Dhume.
Hi Tero, Your page is wonderful. hope to learn something from you.--Veena Dhume 10:00, 7 May 2011 (UTC)Veena Dhume.
Learning4Content Courses I participated in
| Facilitators of the free WikiEducator Learning4Content workshop: "Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may not remember, involve me, and I'll understand"
| Welcome to eL4C51
Welcome to eL4C48
Facilitators - eL4C46
WikiEducator Learning4Content and Collaborative Learning: How can you make it work for you?
October 20 - November 3, 2010
Welcome to eL4C45
Re: Hi Tero, I see you are back again for some more wikieducator community. Let me know what you would like to get out of this course and I'll see how I can help - Michael (Mverhaart 11:00, 21 September 2011 (UTC))
Re: Thank you Michael, I would like to learn more about OER - Tero --Teromakotero 17:04, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Tero did you do the course earlier this year? (2011, 21 - 25 March) about It was a very through introduction to the whole OER concept and persuaded me to remove my Non-commercial CC attribute on my wiki. Michael (Mverhaart 22:01, 23 September 2011 (UTC))
- Hi Tero, don't forget to add yourself to the introductions page (that is how you get to meet the other participants and extend your network. Cheers Michael (Mverhaart 09:33, 26 September 2011 (UTC))
(: Dear Colleague, greetings. Thanks for your inputs to this workshop. The report is available [here]. I will be happy to be of any assistance in future too. With best wishes, --R C Sharma, PhD 20:46, 22 May 2011 (UTC))
(: Hi Tero, You are very welcome to this eL4C50 Online workshop. Patricia Schlicht, Gita Mathur, Micheal Verhaart and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and donot hesitate to ask for help. You can either leave a message on our user pages or email us. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 21:42, 27 April 2011 (UTC))
- Hi Tero, As this workshop is nearing its end now, could you decide on developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by yourself (and others) on WikiEducator? With best wishes, Ramesh Sharma 16:10, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Tero, your page is impressive, Please update the information on it. From the edits it seems you could not work on your pages. Hope you are not facing any difficulty. if so, pl do let us know.--R C Sharma, PhD 18:00, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Tero, You are very welcome to this eL4C46 Online workshop. Patricia and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and donot hesitate to ask for help. You can leave a message on Patricia's page or my page. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 04:08 21 October 2010 (UTC))
- Hello Tero! I've admired your user page for some time now - welcome to the WE eL4C45 workshop! I'd be interested in knowing more as to what projects or OERs interest you. --Benjamin Stewart 02:52, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you Benjamin! It's great to be part of L4C45 workshop! I think my main interest for the moment is Pivotal Response Training Resource for Teachers. --Teromakotero 12:10, 27 September 2010 (UTC)
- Very interesting page, hope to read more --Nadia El Borai 03:09, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Tero, Great to see you on WE again. Your page is really coming up. --Ibrahim K. Oyekanmi 13:50, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, Tero, Great to see you again. How are things with you and your music? Regards, Kalpana--Kalpana Gupte 17:19, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Tero, Good to see you again. Kalpana----Kalpana Gupte 01:58, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Tero. You've got a great user page going here! We have similar interests and music as my main instrument for awhile in college was the acoustic and electric bass (mainly jazz music). Glad to have you in the eL4C41 workshop! --Benjamin Stewart 17:21, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi, Tero, Great to see you again. A small suggestion. Why dont you put your photographs in a gallery? Gita showed me that. It looks much nicer and neater too. Do see my Content pages too and offer your comments. Kalpana Gupte 16:51, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
(: Dear Tero, Happy to know of you. I am from India! --Shijo KD--KD Shijo 16:36, 10 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Tero, Very nice of you to help our participants along with some friendly WikiNeighbourly comments! Thank you!! Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 19:58, 24 April 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Tero, welcome to this workshop. hope to see you encourage fellow participants. --Gita Mathur 04:42, 20 April 2010 (UTC)) (: Dear Tero, Good Day. You page is very impressive. Keep adding interesting information on it. With best wishes --Ramesh 11:36, 19 April 2010)
(: Hi Tero! Thanks for your kind words. I noted the great work you are doing. Your page also looks great. Keep up the good work. All the Best -- Ramesh Sharma 12:20 21 February 2010)
Welcome to WikiEducator. Your user page is really coming along. I look forward to your OER contributions in music.
Your WikiNeighbor, --Alison Snieckus 03:21, 11 February 2010 (UTC) (: Well done!Kero. Great progress. You have earned your first certification. Congratulations! Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 22:57, 12 February 2010 (UTC))
Hi Tero, Thanks for checking on my page. Yes, the Carribean has many cultural affinities with West Africa (Our Shared ancestors who were forced into Slavery were always very proud of their cultures and so they propagated it everywhere they went. I am really enjoying being part of the Wiki experience. You are doing a great job on your page, Keep it up Ibrahim Kolawole Oyekanmi Muchas gracias Tero! Thank you for commenting on my page! Yours is great! --Lorna Matthews 00:29, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
Hi Tero, good to see someone who has got to grips with this. I like your page, you've got a really interesting background. --Jlarkin 07:26, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi Tero! You also have a most interesting background. Although I have been to Cuba and listened to music there, the only group I really know is the "Buena Vista Social Club". Your page is coming along nicely. Cheers. -- Peter Jeschofnig 22:38 26 April 2010)
Thank you, Juliet! You're doing interesting research projects! --Tero Toivanen 13:52, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello Tero, you are definitely on your way to becoming a skilled WikiMaster... Estoy encantada de facilitar su aprendizaje caballero!! :-) --Gladys Gahona C. 14:06, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Gracias, Gladys! Es un placer conocerte! --Teromakotero 14:29, 25 March 2010 (UTC)
Hi Tero, a message from Verbena. Thanks for the encouragement. Your page really looks colourful. You really have this wiki business covered--Kholekha 18:42, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
Congratulations Tero, you achieved the status of Wikibuddy! --Gladys Gahona C. 03:25, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
Thank you, Gladys! You made me really happy! This is a fantastic way to learn new skills! --Teromakotero 11:07, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi, Nice to see you. Welcome and good wishes. --Vinodpr111 13:15, 27 April 2010 (UTC)) (: Hi, Welcome to this workshop eL437. Your page is good, keep adding. Please let us know when you need help.--Gita Mathur 13:46, 17 April 2010 (UTC) ) (: Hi Tero, thanks for coming through again. Looking forward to your contributions. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 18:38, 19 April 2010 (UTC))
Thank you Gita and Patricia! It's great to be here again! Hopefully I will learn some new skills! --Teromakotero 19:14, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- (: It is a pleasure Tero. You can encourage your co-participants by visiting their pages & also helping in content projects. Warm wishes.--Gita Mathur 01:42, 22 April 2010 (UTC))
Thanks for checking on my page. Muchas gracias Tero! Thank you for commenting on my page! Yours is great! --Dr.suresh Chandra Pachauri 10:49, 23 april 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi,thanks for visiting my page. Nice to meet you too. --Vinodpr111 12:37, 26 April 2010 (UTC))
Hello Tero, Thanks for visiting my page. Practising Yoga and meditation helps to keep one rooted in the present just like music. Music itself is meditation. Your profile is womderful. I am glad to get to know you. Maybe we can exchange notes. Thanks again. (Kalpana Gupte 10:49, 27 April 2010 (UTC)) (: Hi, Nice to see you. Welcome and good wishes. --Vinodpr111 13:15, 27 April 2010 (UTC))
Hi Tero, Sorry for the late response yes its great to meet you again how have you been keeping my friend.--Sean Rogers --Seannn9 23:05, 27 April 2010 (UTC)}}
Hi Tero, thanks for visiting my page. I can see you have made alot of progress on your page. I need help on how to add an image and information to my infobox. Tibezinda. (: Hi! Thanks for visting my page and your comments. Great to know about your work for special children.My Best wishes for all your good work. Thanks.--Radha,29 April 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Tero, nice to see that you have added the eL4C40 homepage link on this page. You can also encourage the newbie co-participants of this workshop.--Gita Mathur 06:29, 6 June 2010 (UTC))
Thank you, Gita! I'll do it with pleasure! --Teromakotero 16:12, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
(: Looking good Tero, from your fellow wiki learner! --Chef James 17:39, 10 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi, Tero, thanks for your encouragement.--Laxmi Narayan
Hi Tero, thank you so much for visiting my page, it is really great to see your page and the kind of work that you are doing.
Hi, Teromakotero, Thanks for your wishes and ALL THE BEST!....Vaishali (: Namaste, (hello in HINDI Indian national language) I am feeling great to know about you. I am inspired by reading about you. Now I think " There are so many and so much to do in such short life and I must take it seriously." regards ...--Bhagyashree Borkar 06:21, 13 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hello greetings of the season! Thank you so much for visiting my page, You have a great page and there is so much to learn from you. It is really a pleasure to go through your page, Thanks once again Sayali Dubash)
(: Thank you so much for visiting my page, your page is nice, I too have very much interest in music. Nice to meet you here on wiki, All the best! vaishali)
(: Nice to meet you on my page.I am also interested in music. Will keep in touch the WIKIWAY! --Anitha Devi 11:01, 17 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Tero, Good to see you here again. Always nice to see a familiar face. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 21:11, 25 July 2010 (UTC))