Todays date is: Thursday December 14 2017
Hello all. This is Vaishali from Thane, Mumbai. I am a postgraduate in Biochemistry. All life science subjects are the subjects of my interest.Few years I worked with a pharmasuetical company and for past few years I am conducting my own coaching classes. I feel that teaching is the most suitable field for me. Currently I am pursuing bachelors in e-education.I found this course very interesting.I have very much interest in music and I have achieved success in drawing exams too which were conducted on national level. Now I want to learn different online teaching skills as well as different wiki skills that are required for developing well formed open educational resources.I do not know much about wikieducators but I know that after joining wikieducators I will get peer support too to improve my work. I want to be a good teacher and facilitator with the help of wikieducators.
Science Teacher .
- 1. Bachelor in science (Chemistry)
- 2. Post-graduation in Biochemistry.
- 3. e.B.Ed.
'While completing my masters degree from University of Pune I completed my project and the topic of my project was 'Studies of Amylase inhibitors from Cicer arietinum'. I completed this project under the valuable guidance of Dr. S. V. Bhide and Dr. Sushma Y. Sawhney.
Purpose behind this project was,
About 99% of world population's food supply is supplied by plants. Cereals, grains provide bulk of calories and proteins. World population is contineously increasing and land for cultivation of plants is going on decresing. Hence food resources are limited. Various approaches are being tried worldwide to meet the growing food requirement. The promising approach is to diversify the food base by creating more awareness about the great agro-industrial potential and high nutritive value of lesser known and high yielding unique plants.(i.e. unconventional crops). The nutritive value of all food crops is determined by their chemical composition, quality and quantity of proteins as well as the level of anti-nutritional factors. Antinutritional factors like lectines, Cytoaggrutanins, compounds like Oxalates, Phytates, protease inhibitors as well as Amylase inhibitors significantly affects the nutritional status of the plant as food crop. Hence in this project we tried to study these antinutritional factors present in Cicer arietinum.'
- 1. To learn different online skills as well as wikieducator skills.
- 2. To be a good teacher and facilitator.
I want to improve self to be a better and successful person. Music as well as nature is my passion, playing musical instruments, reading, drawing &painting, travelling are also my hobbies.
I love flowers too. See photo gallary on my userpage by clicking on my name here.--Gita Mathur 10:58, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them. Henry David Thoreau
- Try not to become a man of success but a man of value. Albert Einstein
- Inspiration and genius--one and the same. Victor Hugo
- To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton
nature.... my passion & inspiration
- If you would create something, you must be something. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Every artist was first an amateur. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be. Horace Bushnell
- Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself. W. C. Doane
- Do we not all agree to call rapid thought and noble impulse by the name of inspiration? George Eliot
- No great man ever complains of want of opportunities. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Men do less than they ought, unless they do all they can. Thomas Carlyle
- Men's best successes come after their disappointments. Henry Ward Beecher.
- Let thy words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2 from Words of Wisdom
- Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. Leon J. Suenes
- The power of imagination makes us infinite. John Muir
- First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. Epictetus.
A message for new visitors
Hi,let me tell about my experience about this Wikieducators workshop. I have learned a lot from this workshop and still in the process of learning. This workshop is really a wonderful experience.It's a very good opportunity to learn different wiki tools required for the development of OERs.Collaborative work is the most helpful feature of this platform. We can meet different people from different countries, different fields with different age groups, different interests &different occupations....WE..really a best way to learn and interact globally..Thanks to WE. So join an upcoming training session. Here is the link- http://wikieducator.org/Learning4Content/Registration --Vaishali 09:29, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
some moral values
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give
link for new page "my references for Biochemistry"
My references for Biochemistry
FEEDBACK AND DISCUSSION
Notes from my wikineighbours
(: Very impressive work Vaishali. Keep it up) --KD Shijo 06:33, 26 June 2010 (UTC)16:26, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
(: Good Start Vaishali, Keep adding.--Gita Mathur 14:13, 6 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Vaishali...All the best! Cynthia D'Costa)
(: Hi Vaishali...from a fellow wiki learner! --Chef James 15:29, 8 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Vaishali, I see a lot of progress on your page. Good, keep going, you are picking up wiki skills quickly. Best wishes--Gita Mathur 08:09, 9 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Yes! That is the WikiWay to progress. Visit my userpage by clicking on my name here &amp; get more ideas :-) warm wishes--Gita Mathur 01:39, 10 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Vaishali...your page is looking great! --Chef James 17:43, 10 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Vaishali and greetings from Finland! This is a great way to know interesting people and learn new things --Teromakotero 18:45, 8 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Thanks all... Vaishali 17:37, 9 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Your page is looking totally awesome... Great work! --Chef James 14:02, 14 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hello Vaishali I am really happy to see your page, Great:-) Best wishes always! Sayali Dubash)
(: Hi! Vaishali, Thanks for visiting my page, you have nice looking user page...regards Dr. Laxmi Narayan 07:33, 16 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Continue the good work, Vaishali. You are a consistent worker.all the best. Cynthia--Agnes 10:39, 16 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Vaishali, you are progressing fine.I have been closely following your page as you all are on my 'watch' list. Now try to do the last two days' tutorials. I will be sending the last one today. Keep adding. See the cerifications requirements & ensure you work for WikiBuddy. Warm wishes.--Gita Mathur 10:07, 17 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Vaishali,See I just reverted back the undesirable change. Learn to do this from Tutorial 9. Best Wishes--Gita Mathur 16:14, 17 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Thanks Gita madam, I will do that.--vaishali 17 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Congratulations Dear Vaishali, Your efforts are visible on your page & you are a WikiBuddy now! This is an important landmark. Keep adding. Warm wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 00:31, 26 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Vaishali, Congratulations for getting the WikiBuddy Certification. You have done a lot of improvements / experiments on your pages from the very first day.--KD Shijo 06:30, 26 June 2010 (UTC))KD Shijo
(: Congrats on achieving wikibuddy status. All the best for further endeavours... Cynthia--Agnes 10:25, 28 June 2010 (UTC))
(: I liked new look of your page with beautiful colours and beautiful borders and format.Keep it up.Aarti)