My Learning4Content course home page
I am Ibrahim Kolawole Oyekanmi
("Mallamibro" to friends) born on the 2nd November 1971 in the once peaceful city of Jos in the Plateau State, in Nigeria.
I am the Principal IT Lecturer in my own company the Mallamibro ICT Academy in Kano, Nigeria.
Computing is a very wide field and my choice of teaching application packages gives me the joy of placing my students on a firm footing to be able to go ahead and develop in any of the more advanced fields.
I believe, your ability to understand and use the basic Desktop Publishing and Data processing Application packages makes you ready and able to learn the more specialized fields.
The skills i have acquired through WE wiki training has really been very helpful in my online volunteer activities like the SBTF whose purpose is officially described thus "the Standby Task Force is to provide humanitarian organizations with real-time Crisis Mapping support."
During the Japan Earthquake crisis, the Wiki skills came in handy in helping out on Japan data profile.
The OER community is continously expanding and the more each of us puts in from our various professions will be helping to make the world a better richer place
My Personal Interests
- Prose and Poetry (Reading and Writing)
- Internet surfing.
- Voluntary Community Development activities
- Online human rights Volunteer/campaign activities
- Social networking for global good
My Teaching Interests
Teaching and learning more about the following packages:
- Ms Word
- Ms Excel
- Ms Publisher
- Ms Access
- Ms PowerPoint
- Ms IE
- Corel Graphics Suite
- Wiki technology
- MacroMedia Dreamweaver
I have worked in the teaching profession at many levels ranging from teaching in Nursery and Primary Schools, Secondary Schools to lecturing in the Polytechnic. I am a registered member of:
My online memberships include:
I am presently into private practice teaching Application packages ranging from the Microsoft Suite (2003 & 2007) in my Computer Training Academy here in Kano, Nigeria. As an I.T. Educator, My dream is to see as many people as possible become Computer literate. And i am a firm believer that Wikieducator is one way of "training the trainers".
Aside from teaching computers, I am involved in running a local NGO, Y.P.P.J.F which offers tuition-fress occupational skills to youths in the community.
I am also currently Mentoring for Teachers Without Borders International Certificate of Teaching Mastery which is a Professional develop course for educators
I am also into a bit of web dsign using html/css
Crisis mapping is my new interest and it is really amazing to see the diverse uses ICT resources could be put to in disaster data management
Testing user link
another try Oyekanmi to see if it works: RCS
Re: Kindly accept our heartfelt thanks for joining this eL4C54 WikiEducator Online Workshop. Hope you shall join us for future programmes too!--Ramesh Sharma, PhD 11:41, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
My Content Development Projects
I am currently involoved in the development of the following content pages:
I am open to collaborations with other educators especially in the field of teaching application packages.
- Looking at the speed and ease Information Technology has brought to our world, it is a duty on us all to make sure we share the knowledge.
- Knowledge acquisition and sharing is one big joy of life, who would wish for life without knowledge?
- Of all assets you can bequeath to a child, the greatest is a good education.
(: Hello Ibrahim, its so nice to see you once again in our online workshops. Looking forward to work with you! Sincerely --R C Sharma, PhD 07:58, 26 June 2013 (UTC))
- Good to see list of your projects, all the best--R C Sharma, PhD 13:08, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- Very good to meet you, Mallambro, If you have any topics to discuss about upir community development activities, please do not hesitate to ask me.--Phil Bartle 08:35, 19 January 2011 (UTC) See: http://www.scn.org/cmp/index.htm
- Welcome back, Ibrahim. It is always nice to see a familiar face in the course. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 02:50, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Patricia, . It is a joy to be back. I will take it a step at a time this time around. My intention is to use the course period to learn how to create a Table format for my page. Thanks once again--Ibrahim Oyekanmi 17:50, 28 November 2010 (GMT)
Hi Ibrahim, Looks like you have lots of wiki skills already :) So I can help out; are you wanting to create a column format? Have you found an example page that looks like what you want? Michael ( Mverhaart
10:40, 29 November 2010 (UTC) )
Hi Ibrahim! Your page looks great. Looking forward to collaborating and learning from you. Emmanuel Nalumenya
7:52 16 December, 2010.
Hi Ibrahim! Nice to meet you again in WikiEducator workshops! --Teromakotero
16:11, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
Hi Ibrahim! It's great to link up with you on WikiEducator. Looking forward to networking with you. Emmanuel Nalumenya
8:53 29 December, 2010 (UTC)
(: Hello Ibrahim! I hope we can assist you in becoming a Wikiartisan! I like what you've done with your user page. Benjamin Stewart 03:29, 27 September 2010)
(: Hi Ibrahim, your page has come together nicely. I just certified you Level 2. Congratulations!! Well done. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 02:22, 18 February 2010 (UTC))
(: Thanks Patricia, Check the Nigeria Country page, I am also trying to set it up --Ibrahim Oyekanmi 09:12, February 18 2010 (GMT))
(: Hi Benjamin, Thanks. It's great being back on WE. I intend to create a new tabular layout for my page, but problems with my Internet connectivity held me back. I'd be starting out soon. and i'd call on you for guidance. --Ibrahim K. Oyekanmi 10:25. 29 February 2010)
(: Dear Ibrahim, You have done wonderfully well here. I am so happy to have you in my team. I have a lot to learn from you. Welcome aboard. I have added you as my gmail contact so that we can collaborate. --Sebastian Panakal 13:14, 18 September 2011 (UTC))
Hi sir happy to see you in this Wiki platform.... enjoy--Shijisubodh 06:33, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Ibrahim! Nice to meet again! --Teromakotero 20:40, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Ibrahim. Glad to see you here again. Welcome back. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 19:51, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
* (: Hi Ibrahim, You are once again very welcome to this eL4C50 Online workshop. Patricia Schlicht, Gita Mathur, Micheal Verhaart and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and donot hesitate to ask for help. You can either leave a message on our user pages or email us. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 21:42, 27 April 2011 (UTC))
Re: Thanks Ramesh, Its a great pleasure to be back on WE, there is always a lot to learn and share. Great job you guys are doing keeping WE moving, We are proud of you all --Ibrahim Oyekanmi 09:47, April 28 2011 (GMT)
Re: Dear Ibrahim, thats so nice of you. Thanks. --Ramesh Sharma 18:18, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Ibrahim. Good to see you back again for more :) Its a neat place to try out things and I like to keep all my wikieducator links here also, so they can be found easily when I login to Wikieducator. Tables can be quite tricky and I find it best to create some basic examples ( this may be useful ) - Michael (Mverhaart 10:42, 1 May 2011 (UTC))
- Hi Ibrahim. myself Dr. K.S.Ramakrishnan, a participant of eL4C50 workshop. I visited your userpage and found it very interesting and informative. Keep it up. Please visit my userpage and let me know your suggestions. With Regards. --Dr. K S Ramakrishnan 14:53, 8 May 2011 (UTC)Re: Thanks Dr. Ramakrishnan, Thanks for visiting my page. I have a lot to learn from your page also. And I am planning on a collaboration for creating educational materials on teachuing application packages. If you are interested, we may work om the it together. --Ibrahim Oyekanmi 19:52, May 9 2011 (GMT)
Hi, Ibrahim, I wish you a happy Wiki Educator Graduation Day. I wish you learn many more skills. Be in touch with us. Warm Regards. --Dr. K S Ramakrishnan
16:37, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
(: Dear Ibrahim, Your page is very impressive! --R C Sharma, PhD 12:42, 28 September 2011 (UTC))
(: Dear Ibrahim. Good to see you with us again. Welcome back. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 19:32, 17 September 2011 (UTC))
: Hi Ibrahim, Greetings! Congratulations for having decided to join eL4C!...and wishing you a very interesting and worthy learning time with the eminent facilitators of our WikiEducator family! Warm regards Anil Prasad 17:22, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
Learning4Content Courses I participated in