I am Shijo KD. I am a teacher with Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai, India. I teach Computer, History and Environmental Education for grades 8,9 and 10. I have a graduation degree in Political Science, History and Economics from the University of Kannur- Kerala, under my belt, along with a post graduation in degree in International Relations. I have done my Bachelor of Education Degree [B Ed] from University of Mumbai. Currently I am pursuing my studies in Electronic Bachelor of Education [eB Ed]
I think I am creative as I have proved myself in various art forms like drama, drawing, elocution, and computer designing- advertisement, Screen play writing [English and Hindi] film review, documentary writing, folk arts, and tableau.I have a vivid interest in games such as basket ball, volley ball, badminton, table tennis etc. and it is evident from the fact that I was a Cadet Under Officer [CUO.] in the 32 Battalion of National Cadet Corps, Kerala and Lakshadweep wing under the Defence Ministry of India.
With my previous experience as Assistant Teacher for four years in a reputed school in Panchgani, I think I got an estalished and firm footing in the field of eduction. I also work in the field of International Collaborative Networks for the last five years. This project includes online projects, forum, email, IMS, videoconferecing, chat, and also mutual visits and exchanges.
- Understand more wiki skills, and improve self
- Create networks of Teachers to develop OERs.
- Try and be part in developing Wikieducator projects.
- To grow as a professional as an facilitator
- Improve the Professional qualifications
- Linked in Facebook
- Political Science
- MA in International Relations
- B Ed Bachelor of Education Engilsh / History
- eB Ed Electronic Bachelor of Education - ICT
Organized and coordinated Internatioal Collaborative projects with schools from Finland, Netherlands, Romania, Philippines and Belgium for the last Five years like:
- eJournal Project with Finnish school: Pupils from Panchgani, India and Jämsänkoski Finland worked on this project and wrote articles about nature, agriculture and much more: CLICK 'HERE TO VIEW.
- eJournal Project withNetherlands named Schooldaze. SCHOOLDAZE is an initiative between India and Netherlands for the first time. This collaboration began with the visit of Representatives from Netherlands and Finland, early in 2007. The delegates included
Mr. Meine Stoker, headmaster and Mr. Rob van der Vorst, head of bilingual department Stedelijk College Eindhoven.
Mr. Peter van Zeeland, vice-principal Pius X-College, Bladel, and Mrs. Jeanne Corsten, head of bilingual department Pius X-College, Bladel,
Mr. Paul Thönissen, headmaster Eijkhagen College, Landgraal, and Mrs. Michele Heuter, head of bilingual department Eijkhagen College, Landgraaf
Pentti Pirhonen, Chairman of Comp@ct; Principal of Vitikkala School (Finland)
Ludo Mateusen, the Dutch Comp@ct coordinator.
During the visit, four schools from Mumbai, were visited. The delegation also visited Schools from Panchgani, including St. Peter's School, St. Xavier's School, Kimmins School, St. Joseph's Convent and New Era School and a school from Pune. St. Peter's School and PiusX-College and Eijkhagen College decided to start a pilot project on eJournals, SCHOOLDAZE. St. Xavier's School and St. Joseph's Convent joined the project. clickHERE TO VIEW</font
- Virtual project with Romania and Philippines named LOTUS. This journal will be an explosion of colours, poetical feelings & a musical sounds & in a few words: a way of learning through emotions! Project Coordinators: Philippines: Soraya Faculo, India: Mr. KD Shijo, and Romania: Claudia Slujitoru.Click' HERE TO VIEW[n
NIOS ONLINE SELF-ASSESSMENT PAGE: CLICK HERE
Me in front of St. Peter's Basilica, Vatican
In front of Collosium, Vatican
Amsterdam, the land of rivers
eL4C41 Free Online Workshop -- July 21- August 4, 2010
|&lt;br&gt; fckLR* You must have a valid WikiEducator user account before providing your registration details. Consult the instructions on how to create a new account or go directly to the account creation tutorial.fckLR* Login to WikiEducator with your own username and password.fckLR* Click on the button below, a new window will open and follow the instructions on screen.fckLRfckLRfckLRfckLR
Feedback & Notes from myWikiNeighbours
(: Hi Shijo, a very good start. Keep adding. Warm wishes. --Gita Mathur 02:40, 5 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hullo Shijo, that's a lovely page you have created..... Ms. Cynthia)
(: Hi Shijo, I too liked your page, All The Best!.......Vaishali)
(: Hi Shijo...from a fellow wiki learner nice I like it! --Chef James 15:29, 8 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Yes Shijo! That is the WikiWay to progress. Visit my userpage by clicking on my name here &amp;amp; get more ideas :-) warm wishes--Gita Mathur 01:49, 10 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Shijo...from a fellow wiki learner your page is looking great! --Chef James 17:53, 10 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Shijo! You're doing great work on your User page! Best wishes, --Teromakotero 11:06, 11 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Shijo, for many pics try the gallery option.Check out with those who have used it. all the same, good work!! Cynthia D'Costa)
(: Hello Shijo, you sure have a very nice shiny user page. Keep it up! Kalpana Gupte)
(: Well done page, Shijo. You are on your way to becoming a skilled WikiMaster.Warm wishes, --Patricia Schlicht 01:17, 14 June 2010 (UTC))
(: I love your use of borders with rounded -mos corners totally awesome!! --Chef James 14:04, 14 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Shijo, great page and good to read all that you have put up, Best wishes,and Thank you for visiting my page regards SayaliDubash)
(: Dear Shijo, the Info Box should not be deleted. Where do I give you the Certification? Pleas add it &amp; fill it.--Gita Mathur 09:47, 14 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Shijo, fill up the infobox above &amp; I will add your Certification. Great progress, keep it up. Best wishes.--Gita Mathur 03:01, 15 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Shijo, Your page looks like a good Wiki page now. Cheers!--Gita Mathur 13:44, 15 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Shijo, Congratulations for reaching the WikiBuddy Certification. It is an important landmark, the highest you can reach in a L4C workshop. Cheers! Warm wishes.--Gita Mathur 03:41, 18 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Shijo, Congratulations for getting the WikiBuddy Certification. Regards.--vaishali June 2010 (UTC))
(: Always knew you would do good work on WE. Jyoti 05:06, 24 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Dear Shijo, I have been watching your progress & am absolutely delighted to see how well you have found your place in the WE community. "Shaabash"! Keep adding & enjoy WE. Warm wishes --Dr. Gita Mathur 05:52, 4 July 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Shijo, great page and I really loved reading about your achievements and you as a person,the most important you are too good at using different wiki skills and trying out new ones, Best wishes,and Thank you for visiting my page regards Aarti)
- Hiiiii Shijo!Great work!Your User Page is quite fabulous $ informative.Being a student as well as a beginner in this platform,I request your extreme help.Wishing you a great success!--Darsana Joseph
- Hiiiiiiii Shijo!Thank you very much for your complements.And all the very best for your coming projects.Once again I seek your extreme help in wiki as my elder brother.Your younger sister,--Darsana Joseph
- Hiii Shijo!Could you please help me in acheiving th title of wikibuddy?--Darsana Joseph
Welcome to eL4C40
- Your facilitators:
''CLICK HERE TO MOVE UP