The Wikieducator Tutorials are considered to be the essential requirements for a teacher/educator to be able to develop free content for education on the wiki. The time required for each tutorial is estimated at 15 to 20 minutes.
Tutorials using wiki text
- What is a Wiki?
- Creating an Account
- Editing Basics
- Basic Text Formatting
- Creating New Pages and Links
- Inserting Images and other Media
- Collaborative Editing
- Talk pages and other Useful Features
- Creating and using Pedagogical Templates
- Thinking About Structure
- Navigation templates
- What is Free Content?
- Developing a teaching resource on WE
- Sourcing and using free images (WIP)
- Using support and development templates (WIP)
- Implementing learning design (WIP)
- Collaborative Video - Help and Sandbox
- Tutorial Index
Copyright, Creative Commons licenses and OER
- Educators care: Why open matters
- Copyright: Your educational right to copy
- Creative Commons unplugged
- The right license
List of main Prefix Pages (namespaces)
Group Discussions (Forums)
We use several forums to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join us! Please visit the Community Portal for a list of recent discussion topics.
- Creating an account
- Basic wiki text
- Basic editing
- Wikipedia's Cheat sheet (also available as a PDF for printing)
- Tips for WikiEducator beginners
Customising your pages
- Creating your WikiEducator user page
- Help page: Personalizing your wiki page
- MediaWiki Markup
Intermediate wiki text and useful features
- Help page: Personalizing Preferences
- Pedagogical templates
- Help page: Colors
- Help page: Special Characters
- Help page: LaTeX Symbols for WikiEducator
- Help page: Navigation Templates
- Help page: Extra Tips
- Editing using open office
- Converting documents to wiki format using the OOoConvertor
- Links and iFrame support for external websites
- Help page: Tips on creating accessible content on wiki
- Create an institutional portal page
Policies and guidelines
- WikiEducator policies
- Using WikiEducator
- WikiEducator Skills Certification Policy
- Certification: WikiMaster-WikiBuddy-WikiApprentice Requirements
We're here to help you! If you are interested in joining us, or just have a question, please put a link to your Talk page here and a brief note about what you need...
- BrentSimpson - Wiki syntax, templates, architecture.
- Wayne Mackintosh - WikiEducator strategy, international liaison, and anything to promote a free education curriculum by 2015.
- Minhaaj ur Rehman Wiki Syntax, templates, online collaboration and support.
- Philip Serracino Inglott - Wiki syntax, templates, VUSSC project.
- Patricia Schlicht - supporting WikiEducator through online facilitation and support, advocacy, capacity building, project development, assisting Dr. Wayne Mackintosh.
- Randy Fisher - supporting WikiEducator community development, relationship-building and facilitating cluster formation. Also supporting Community Media and WikiGovernance project nodes.
- Nellie (Muller) Deutsch supporting WikiEducator through online facilitation via Moodle and live online sessions via WiZiQ virtual classrooms. Please feel free to contact me or leave a message and ask questions on how to get started with Wikieducator.
- Peter Rawsthorne - Wiki Syntax, templates, K12 student-generated content
- Anil Prasad - General help
- Gladys Gahona - Wiki syntax, edition, templates, translation English-Spanish, general help.
- Maha Abdelmoneim - Community Support, Wiki syntax, Editing.
- Gita Mathur - Newbie help with colours and photographs. Also creation of interactive hubs for content development.
- Sarita Kumar - General help
- Benjamin Stewart - General help. Request assistance by signing my guest book - live sessions available as well.
- Sebastian Panakal - General help and mentoring learners to WikiBuddy level.
- Balqis Thaahaveettil - General help and mentoring through live sessions, online collaboration and support
- Jonas Backelin - General help and integrating WikiEducator courses with the Mozilla Open Badges Framework
- Using IRC to chat with other Wikieducators
- Automated Page Creation