The purpose of Learning4Content
|Tell me and I'll forget, show me and I may not remember, involve me, and I'll understand.
The Learning4Content project is inspired by this meaningful native North American proverb. We are building capacity among teachers/educators to develop free content for learning, and prioritize wiki skills training in developing countries.
The Learning4Content project is likely the world's largest attempt to develop wiki skills for education. Launched in January 2008, by 30 June 2009 WikiEducator had facilitated 86 workshops training 3,001 educators from 113 different countries.
Get involved ...
|There are many ways to get involved with the Learning4Content initiative:
- share your wiki knowledge and become a facilitator;
- help to organise a L4C workshop for your country;
- sign up for free training as a participant and share your knowledge by developing one lesson of free content;
- ask your employer/institution to sponsor a L4C Workshop - by contributing access to a computer laboratory for the training
- contribute financially so that we can organise more training workshops;
- Donate time and run your own wiki skills workshops in your local community;
- spread the word and tell your friends, colleagues and employers about the Learning4Content project.
- connect to us through our WikiEducator Facebook Group page
Blog reflections posted by L4C participants
In the news
Next Learning4Content workshop
Our next free WikiEducator Learning4Content online training course EL4C54 Workshop Leveraging the potential of Open Educational Resources will take place from June 26 to July 10, 2013.
Click on the button below to register
WikiEducator publishes its report on the world's largest wiki training initiative in education: (Download 1.7 MB)
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation award the OER Foundation $200 000 for WikiEducator's Learning4Content project to continue our work in building wiki editing skills for education and to improve content interoperability between Mediawiki and Connexions
Reaching our targets
| - Download 1.7 MB
Featured L4C Graduate
| L4C Vital Statistics- 30 June 2010
| No. of online workshops
| No. of face-to-face workshops
| Participants registered
Education is not filling a bucket but lighting a fire. -- William B. Yeats
I consider the WikiEducator users and staff to be colleagues and friends
Hi, I'm Valerie Taylor and for many years, I have been interested in technology and learning.
An ongoing frustration has been creating and sharing information electronically - endless trails of emails, dozens of copies of versions of documents in distribution, inability to easily correct and update information over time. I was delighted to discover WikiEducator - the open and free wiki space and the community of practice. I am looking forward to continued association with this ground-breaking organization addressing the needs of learners globally. This is the power and promise of online education, facilitated by WikiEducator. Read more ...