27 June 2017 17:18
SEPTEMBER 05 - TEACHERS DAY IN INDIA
On behalf of all the teachers community, I wish the Wiki Educator friends a Happy Teachers Day
(: CONGRATULATIONS! Dr. Ramakrshnan for the UPE Award.
You have developed a very well laid and highly informative page in a
very short time. WikiEducator is proud to have a new member like you.
Warm wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 02:40, 2 June 2011 (UTC))
|Employer:||Tamil Nadu Open University|
|Other roles:||Ph.D. Guide and Centre Incharge of St. Ignatius College of Education, Palayamkottai, India.|
|Languages:||Tamil, English, Hindi|
|| This user was a proud participant of eL4C50.
My Learning4Content course home page
I am an M.Sc., (Physics), M.Ed., Ph.D (Education)., M.C.A, (PGDHE from IGNOU)
I am working as an Assistant Professor in the School of Education, Tamil Nadu Open University, DOTE Campus, Guindy, Chennai - 600 025. Previously I worked as a Senior Lecturer at Noida Institute of Education and Technology, Noida, affiliated to CCS University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India. Currently I am teaching B.Ed., M.Phil and Ph.D.in Education. So far, I have guided 26 M.Phil students successfully and presently guiding 8 Ph.D. students in Educational Technology. I strongly believe that learning is lifelong.As Tagore says "A teacher is a constant learner; A burning candle alone can ignite another candle", I had completed my PGDCA with Gold Medal and MCA from Tamil Nadu Open University.
- Computer Science
- Educational Technology
- Media and Communication
- ICT in Education
- Environmental Education and Educational Philosophy.
I have taught Information Technology, Educational Technology, Educational Research and Statistics, Educational Measurement and Evaluation, Psychodynamics of Mental Health Courses for the B.Ed. and M.Ed. Programmes. I have conducted training programmes for the in- and pre-service teachers on the use of Multimedia in teaching and instruction.
Courses taught at TNOU
- B.Ed. SE
- Ph.D in Education Technology
Teaching is my profession and passion.I was lucky to have very good teachers who taught me well without any expectation in return which made me what I am now. All my teachers, from Nursery to +2, particularly Science and Maths teachers inspired me and made me love Science and Maths subjects. That effect still persists, so that recently in 2011, I completed my MCA and still want to learn. I think learning is endless. As Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India says;
A good teacher Teaches
A better teacher Explains
The best teacher Inspires
Like that a teacher's role is beyond teaching. I am trying to be at least an ordinary teacher.
Now I feel it is the time to give back to the society which gave me everything. I think wiki is one of the most powerful platform to create content freely and distribute also free. I think it may benefit those who are in dire need.I think one article that I had written titled Open Educational Resources - A Panacea for Secondary Education
will be useful to the participants with regard to the use of OER in Secondary Education. [OER a panacea for Secondary Education
Long Distance Races
There are many varieties of Long Distance Running. Here is the list of Runs generally organized in various countries. Ultra Races - You may run as long as you can (Even upto many Kilometers or days)
Ultra Marathon (No fixed Distance or time
Full Marathon (42.195 Km)
Half Marathon (21.09 Km)
10 Km Race
My Experiments and Experiences with Marathon
I have a passion for running. Except my College or University days, I have never won any medal or position. Still I love running. Mostly I run with students or youngsters who are not even half my age. They are motivated by me. In return I get energized and feel young in their company. So, it is a symbiotic relationship. So far I have completed 8 Half / Full Marathon in my count. If God wishes, this number may go more than 100.
As far as the Ranks are concerned, the numbers in the Numerator represent the participant's overall rank and the number in the Denominator represents the total number of runners who have completed the run.
Here I would like to mention the great man Dr. ASHISH ROY who is called the Marathon Man of India. On 01-05-2011,Sunday, he completed his 109th Marathon. After retiring as a Cardiologist from Indian Air Force in 1985 at the age of 52, he started Marathon running and so far completed 20 Marathons in India and over 70 in 20 other countries. He has no plans to hang his boots yet. He is set to run in Delaware marathon on May 15, 2011. The details can be had from the article Marathon Man of India. He is the role model for many marathon runners like me. I have slightly changed Rudyard Kipling's poem
Run, Run, and Run For Ever
The tracks are lovely, dark and long;
But I have promises to keep;
Miles to Run before I sleep;
And miles to Run before I sleep.
(: Dear Dr KSR, it is so nice to see your motivation level and you really are a role model for our younger generation/students. I wish once day you make India feel proud of you by taking part/winning a top title in world Marathon! All the best, --R C Sharma, PhD 21:11, 8 May 2011 (UTC))
My Wiki Projects
I have registered for eL4C50, a Learning4Content workshop and signed the following learning contract. The work is in progress.
| The major objectives of this course are
- Learn the fundamental principles of Educational Technology
- Apply them in Teaching-Learning process
- Further improve and modify them according to the situations
Educational Technology is one of the major pillars on which the modern Teaching-Learning process is built upon. This module is intended to help you understand the recent advancements in Educational Technology and its applications in the Teaching-Learning process. The major contents of this module are given here. Introduction | Foundations of Educational Technology | Evolution of Educational Media | ICT for Educators | Instructional Design | Multimedia in Education | E-Learning | Approaches to Technology Integration | Management of Educational Technology
|The major activities of this module are as follows:
- 1.Studying the evolution of various educational technologies
- 2.Find out various educational technologies and analyze their relative merits and demerits.
- 3.Choose a particular technology for teaching a content of your choice
- 4.Classify the various technologies according to their pedagogical usages.
- 5.Predict the future changes in educational technologies.
|The following are the assignments in this module.
- Conduct a technology attitude survey of your students and according to the results, suggest the technology integration report for your school.
- Classify the educational technologies according to their pedagogical and subject content usage.
- Write a forecasting report for the developments in educational technologies for 10 years
- Identify the reasons why the teachers in schools and colleges are not using various educational technologies and prescribe a solution for that.
|After completing this module, the learners will be able to:
- Identify various Web 2.0 Tools in Education
- Apply various Web 2.0 Tools in the day to day teaching-learning process
- Differentiate the merits and demerits of various Web 2.0Tools in Education
- Modify the Web 2.0 tools according to the local situations
- Evaluate the effectiveness of Web 2.0 Tools with other technologies
- Draft a Web 2.0 usage integration plan for their institutions.
|Dear Students, the following are the activities to be performed by you.
1. Search the Internet and find out at-least 50 Web 2.0 Tools
2. Analyse the Web 2.0 tools for their educational applications.
3. Compare and contrast any two popular Web 2.0 tools of your choice.
4. Prepare a lesson plan indicating the proper usage of Web 2.0 tools for the day to day activities of a school.
| 1.Prepare a project Report for implementing Web 2.0 tools in all Government Tamil Medium schools in Tamil Nadu and discuss its pros and cons.|
2.The computer has converged into mobile: Justify this statement with live examples.
|Take up an educational institution near to you. Analyse its technology implementation plans for the past 2 years and watch that school for at least 1 year. Collect all data and prepare a case study report.
|1. Social Networking and Web 2.0 Tools.|
2. OER and OEP of Secondary School Teachers.
| The Objectives of the lesson are as follows:
- 1.To enable the student to know mobile learning
- 2.To enable the students to understand various usages of mobile phones in education
- 3. To understand the FRAMES model
User Page expo award May 2011
- Thanks for creating such an informative page. I have learned so many good things.Regards--Rashkath 08:12, 6 October 2011 (UTC)}}
- Hello Sir, नवरात्रि के लिए शुभकामनाएं और आशीर्वाद --Ravi limaye 16:46, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
- Hello Sir, I am enjoying the wikieducator experience. I have applied for apprentice level 1 and 2, Please advice. I have made a small proposal also and the link is on my page. Your page is very interesting and your passion for marathon is great. Looking forward to get more inputs from you and comments about my page--Ravi limaye 16:04, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hello K.S., I look forward to co-facilitating the eL4C51 workshop with you! --Bnleez 10:48, 18 September 2011 (UTC)
- Congratulations on your stupendous performance. Keep adding to your wonderful page Dr Ramakrishnan...--Agnes 15:52, 3 June 2011 (UTC)
- Congratulations on receiving the award for an inspiring page -Mverhaart 21:25, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
Please write your feedback below:(please scroll)
CONGRATULATIONS! The UPE award is well deserved. You have designed a wonderful page in a very short time. Great news! Keep running like the horse. Regards, Kalpana--Kalpana Gupte 16:40, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
(: Dear Colleague, greetings. Thanks for your inputs to this workshop. The report is available [here]. I will be happy to be of any assistance in future too. With best wishes, --R C Sharma, PhD 20:54, 22 May 2011 (UTC))
Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan, Very interesting and impressive page. All the best in all your ventures. --Kalpana--Kalpana Gupte 12:27, 13 May 2011 (UTC)
*Dr Ramakrishnan, good progress....your paper on OERs is very informative. A dash of colour, some borders to highlight your matter will make your page even better. all the best...Cynthia ..--Agnes 00:50, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Dr Ramakrishnan... happy to see someone from Teacher Education. Looking forward to your page... Cynthia --Agnes 00:51, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan. Welcome back again. Good to see you here. Warm wishes,--Patricia Schlicht 01:51, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan. It has been a while and I am glad to see you here again. Welcome back. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 20:42, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan, thank you for the nice welcome on my page. --Heather Piper
- Dr. Ramakrishnan, Congratulations for being selected for the award of 'User Page Expo'. Wish you all the best for exploring more of Wikieducator. --Dilipbarad 02:17, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
Hi everyone, I am Dr. K.S.Ramakrishnan, Assistant Professor, Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai, India. What a resemblance! A faculty from Open University coming to learn Open Resources. I think OER will be the cost effective, collaborative and universal model of education. I wish everyone a happy and useful learning. Let us get together, work together and enjoy the fruits also together. All the best.
(: Hi Ramakrishnan, You are very welcome to this eL4C50 Online workshop. Patricia Schlicht, Gita Mathur, Micheal Verhaart and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and do not hesitate to ask for help. You can either leave a message on our user pages or email us. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 21:42, 27 April 2011 (UTC))
- Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan. Good to see you have lots of information on your personal page. Its a neat place to try out things and I like to keep all my wikieducator links here also, so they can be found easily when I login to Wikieducator - Michael (Mverhaart 10:38, 1 May 2011 (UTC))
(: Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan. You are growing well as a wikieducator, I will be watching your page develop during this workshop. Warm regards--Dr. Gita Mathur 14:37, 1 May 2011 (UTC))
(: Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan, You're page is very interesting and full of many informational links. Glad to have you as a co-participant. Regards --Ana Maria Panait 14:40, 3 May 2011 (UTC))
(: Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan. Congratulations for the Level II Certification. Warm regards----Dr. Gita Mathur 11:10, 6 May 2011 (UTC))
Your page is looking very nice... keep adding... wikibuddy is surely on the way--Agnes 15:01, 7 May 2011 (UTC)
- Great! You are already on way to becoming a dedicated WikiEducator. Wonderful. Best wishes.--Dr. Gita Mathur 15:34, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan. I am really humbled by your visit to my userpage. I am highly impressed by the quality of your userpage, and I am sure I will find many things to learn from you. Its a pleasure partcipating in this workshop with you. - Ibrahim (Ibrahim K. Oyekanmi 20:00, 9 May 2011 (GMT))
- Dear Dr.Ramakrishnan.I'm really happy that you visited my page and would like to emulate you all who are more experienced .Thanks again for liking my blog and appreciating my poetry.We are inspired through people like you .Best regards .Balqis Thaahaveettil
- (: Congratulations Dr. Ramakrishnan for developing such a nice & informative page. You have reached the WikiBuddy certification. I look forward to more & more academic interactions on your page. Warm wishes --Dr. Gita Mathur 04:28, 1 June 2011 (UTC))
- (: Dear Dr. Ramakrishnan , Congratulations. I like your userpage, its very nice. Best regards.--Godfredabledu 02:10, 5 September 2011 (UTC))
Welcome to eL4C50
- Your facilitators:
i== My Sand Box