DLT Online Courseware Examples
|Digital Learning Technologies|
|Online courseware examples||WikiEducator | Wikiversity | 2016|
How to cook steak
Here is a good video on how to cook steak - boom! Any way you want it this video will show you all the different options. Enjoy!
How to make Hip hop using Dr drum music software
This a video that teaches people how to make hip hop using the Dr drum software. It teaches you how make a killer beat and then use your rhymes to rap it.The software is pretty straight forward and easy to use. Rohan2101 (talk) 22:15, 29 April 2015 (UTC)
How to make Ice Cream in 30 mins
This is a video of a little girl making Ice Cream on YouTube, the video is clearly scripted and shows the girl using bowls of pre-measured ingredients with the help of an adult to make Vanilla Ice Cream. The little girls voice is easy to hear and the show is well structured. The show is part of a Youtube Channel called Full-time Kid where she often makes tutorial video's. Jonoj (talk) 06:24, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
Youtube - How to use Google Drive
This is a "How To:" tutorial by David Lee Edtech. In this tutorial David gives a quick yet comprehensive guide for how to use the 2015 Google Drive. The tutorial is pleasant and easy to watch. The video shows what David is doing as he talks the viewer through using Google Drive. David has a clear voice and is easy to understand for the duration of the tutorial. The tutorial is simple and would be appropriate for almost anyone interested in using Google Drive. However, I believe David has made the assumption his viewers will already have an idea of the key terms associated and basic computing skills - a fair assumption as this is common for those who will search for tutorials on youtube, his platform of choice. Ellapatterson (talk) 01:24, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
Crash Course US History
For my project I will be creating a learning object dealing with the early history of New Zealand. Conveying historic knowledge can work in several ways, I will use a blog.
However it is also possible to teach history via YouTube in the form of videos. An example is Crash Course US History. Unlike a blog these videos are very fast paced and full of effects and animations. The target audience are probably people who just want to have a quick overview of things and do not like to read long texts. Phkoeller (talk) 04:48, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
EMA NZ offers e-learning courses for members such as Manual Tasks for Workers, Office Ergonomics and Work Health and Safety Fundamentals. Information and registration is viewable at
The target audience for the online training is members of EMA NZ, which is available to not-for-profit and for-profit organisations.
EMA partners with e3Learning, which is based in Adelaide and specialises in online inductions for staff. In 2013 Open Universities Australia (OUA) acquired 100% interest in Interact Learning Pty Ltd, which trades as e3Learning, to extend OUA's student offering. OUA is owned by seven Australian universities and expected to benefit from increased capabilities in learning design, production, quality and course design. AH Virtual (talk) 00:43, 26 April 2015 (UTC)AndrewH l
Youtube video of making a DIY bracelet
I have found an interesting tutorial Youtube video on how to make a DIY bracelet. DIY I believe stands for Do it yourself. The video has a interesting introduction of the instructor picking up her bracelet she dropped on the road and tucking herself under an on coming bus without getting hit. Then she proceeds clearly on how to make a DIY bracelet with her attractive accent. The camera was executed nicely showing the details closely with added effects of video editing detailing how it is done and showing the measurements. Audio was very clear which made the tutorial interesting.
The target audience will be mainly be female, there maybe some male audiences that are interested in making bracelets. Young girls may find interest in learning as well. The instructions are simple to follow for the average audience. It is interesting having the little introduction at the start to entertain the audience and make them feel some wow and humour. The close up of the bracelet being made is interesting with the video editing, showing arrows and measurements and other shapes to indicate what to do. The ability to change the video quality resolution from ranges 240p to 1080p HD is another great option. Rezelki (talk) 05:04, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
This is an instructional video on how to tie a slip knot on a necklace I found on YouTube. The video was appropriately titled, the video and audio were both clear, the lighting was adequate and the camera angle was good. The target audience is people who want a straight forward, no frills, concise instructional video on how to tie a slip knot and that is exactly what this video is. This video is interesting because, almost ironically, it is plain. She had a clear goal which didn’t require anything fancy and she executed it well. A couple of things I would change would be to increase the resolution from 240p to HD and add a second, close up camera angle. Ktaylor (talk) 04:07, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
This is an instructional video on how to live-stream using google plus. I thought everything about the video was appropriate, from the actual content, to video and audio quality. I thought this video was interesting cause it was rather short and gives a full tutorial on how to do this. Nottaane (talk) 03:10, 30 April 2015 (UTC)
Massage Therapy At Home
http://wikieducator.org/Masseuse/Massage_Therapy_At_Home this course has been put together by a third year BCS student. It is an training video of how to massage at home. It is put together for a beginner level masseuse. They have used Wiki Educator as the platform for learning. They have used a wide array of assessment tools and photos. It is nicely formatted, professional and very user friendly. --Abuzzyworld (talk) 04:12, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
Open Education Resources
Rongoa - Maori medicine Smiley100(talk) 09:36, 24 April 2015 (UTC)
The following three links are examples of online course-ware on Rongoa - Maori medicine (similar to my project)
I found that resources or courseware on Rongoa - Maori medicine are limited. Most courses are only advertised on sites and require payment and physical attendance. Sites that did provide some knowledge on the subject lacked a variety of multimedia delivery. It would be nice to design content on the topic using a mixture of multimedia and for it to be freely accessible and available.
CG Academy has provided the highest quality training materials for the 3dsmax professional. The aim of CG Academy has always been to provide the best quality training materials from a stable of current top industry talent, so you'll always be taught up to date skills from the best people in their industries. CG Academy is Training for professionals by professionals.
Saurabhvatss 14:30, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
Pluralsight is a privately held online education company that offers a variety of video training courses for software developers, IT administrators, and creative professionals through its website.
Shreya Jaiswal 11:31, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Support Office is an online training course, which published videos and tutorials for any kind of Microsoft products. In this case SharePoint.
MIT is an open courseware, all the courses is virtually available to the public. The main objective of MIT is to Empower Minds mostly beneficial to the independent learners. This online course covered almost all corner of educational sector.
Sebin George 1:54, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
The largest CG, VFX, digital art training, creative and tech training library on the planet.
Labib 21:05, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
DPS is one the famous online photography tutorials learning website.
Bazil 01:08, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- Avalanche.net.nz provides information and courses for beginners and professionals that are doing any kind of ski touring or backcountry skiing.
- Web Monkey is a free online tutorial site where i found a tutorial for PHP. I like this site because it is for beginners like me. this is similar to the project i want to undertake so i can learn PHP at the same time as writing a basic guide.
- Game Institute is an online training course where individuals can pay a $3,000 fee to complete a fully qualified, fully trained course to become a game developer. Many have been given jobs with major game companies, making some dreams a reality. I have chosen this site because the topic i have chosen is a learning based game, and i also have a deep passion for game development.
Lynda is a website which offers different categories of courses and tutorials, for example design and photography or even software like iBooks Author and Microsoft Excel. The target audience can be in different aspects. People can access it through desktop, mobile and tablet devices. It requires a membership for monthly paid or annual paid in order to watch the full version course with unlimited access. It offers a wide-range of knowledge and people can learn many topics of the courses or videos tutorials. However, if people are not sure to pay for it, they are able to get a 10-days free trial with the website and experience their online training.
Here is an example of the training course. http://www.lynda.com/Google-Sites-tutorials/What-uses-Google-Sites/153986/163698-4.html Joyceyi (talk) 23:36, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
Sonic Academy provides online training material and resources for sound engineering and music production. Users subscribe for a period they choose, and have unlimited access to all of the tutorials on the site along with the associated resources (downloadable project files, sound samples etc). Tutorials are delivered by recorded video, in simulated one-on-one environment. It is aimed at amateur EDM producers, and caters for their varying skill levels by having many tutorials, which are tagged as beginner, intermediate, and advanced. In addition to training, they have also branched into creating plugins for software which are easy to use, and made for their target audience. http://www.sonicacademy.com/ Mlynskey2 (talk) 04:48, 25 April 2015 (UTC)
Open to Study is a great place to find courses to suit you. There is a wide range of courses on offer ranging from free ones, Diplomas and Certificates,University Courses and Professional Training. Although many qualified teachers and tutors know their subject not all of them can teach therefore I was interested to see what they have to say about becoming a confident trainer
- https://www.open2study.com/courses/becoming-a-confident-trainer] GJHarvey 08:38, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
- An online training course named Alison with the slogan “A New World of Free Certified
ALISON Target audience:
Whatever you see, is free, to you as an individual learner. ”ALISON opens up the world of knowledge offering new, flexible, and exciting ways to learn … ever-expanding learning opportunities are possible through the availability of hand-held devices, wide access to broadband and wireless connections. This appears to be a complete online training provider. Tuparoa 05:44, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- Google Developers Academy - provides a set of online classes spanning many different Google developer tools and platforms Grybin 3:58, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
- Open educational materials - made by the world's design elite. This is one online course that I am really looking forward to complete as soon as I have some free time. I have gone through some of the sample content on this website and I find that the effort behind Interaction-Design.org is commendable. I’d suggest anyone interested in design give this a good look and see if it interests them. Niloyd 10:14, 8 April 2014 (UTC)
- Open2study is backed by Open Universities Australia. The website offers 4 week study courses for everyone with many different categories. It is free and subjects/topics are delivered from top instructors from leading universities, TAFEs and businesses. Courses are divided into modules. Each module will end with an assessment. They have videos, puzzles, quizzes and text based learning material. You make your own study schedule and at the end you receive a certificate. --Nzpiccolo 08:38, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
- Since 2007 an evaluation of more than 1,194 OER initiatives (webpages and repositories) including OpenCourseWare, OLI, OYC, NPTEL]
- A process and an evaluation criteria for OER Providers (www.temoa.info/en/oer-criteria) and a group of descriptors (metadata) to categorize each OER Initiative, see for example the MIT OCW repository.
- http://oerqualityproject.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/directory-of-oer-repositories/> by Javiera Atenas.
- 2013 School of open
- Rice University "Connexions" Open Learning
- Coursera - Free College-level Courses from "Ivy-League" Schools
- EdX - A collaboration between Harvard and MIT
- Kahn Academy
Khan Academy is a free non for profit organisation that provides free education for students. They have a range of topics ranging from maths to economics and science that students can read about. they also have activities and assessments that can be done to support what you are reading about. Teachers are able to view results of students assessments and can keep track of their students learning.SamMcFadyen
- School of Open
- OERu - Open Education Resource university
- Free-ed.net - Free Education on the Internet
- Open Courseware Consortium
- Peer-2-Peer University - Learning by everyone, for everyone, about almost anything, completely free.
- University of Albany - Online Training in Public Health
- Empire State Public Health Training Center
- Visual Literacy: An E-Learning Tutorial on Visualization for Communication
- Free Professional Development Courses from LattitudeU
- Free Video Lectures by Prominent Researchers
- eXtension, a national collaborative initiative of the Cooperative Extension System.
- Alison - Free online courses and certifications
- Udacity - Free university-level courses
- Top 50 Open Courseware Collection
- DigitalGov University On-Demand Training
- List of Massively Open Online Courses (MOOC) from top universities and other sources
- Canvas - Open Online Learning Network
- World Education Portals (WEPs)
- Saylor.org - Free college-level courses
- Digital Public Library of America
Free online Courses
Programmr is an online educational source for many programming languages. It has online courses and exercises you can complete to enhance your skills. You can even work through their own certifications, to earns specialized programming certificates for certain languages. You can also show off your programming projects by uploading them to your profile and entering them in competitions they hold.
NatashaDrew (talk) 09:00, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- gooru A Free Search Engine for Learning(2013)
- Stanford online(2013) Also provides a list of different repositories (e.g. Coursea, OpenEdX, etc )
- Teaching and Learning for a Sustainable Future is a UNESCO programme for the United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development. It provides professional development for student teachers, teachers, curriculum developers, education policy makers, and authors of educational materials.
- Emerging Learning Technologies course  Indiana University, School of Education facilitated by Curtis Bonk
- EIT Moodle course - Blended Training for Staff - Sample. No enrolment key necessary
- University of Milwaukee Desire to Learn course - Teaching with Technology Course - username and password hybfac will give you access to a variety of courses as either student, guest or guest Instructor.
- Blackboard Sample Course Sample Course Username and password - online
- Saylor.org is a free and open collection of college level courses.
- Level 1: Programming: Scratch (BYOB)
- MoodleBites.com - MoodleBites is the international site for online Moodle training courses --AdrianLim 21:21, 29 March 2012 (EDT)
- Business.govt.nz. These free online courses can help you expand your business and develop your business skills. Nati22ru Moana 20:53, 5 April 2012 (EDT)
-  - Open Culture provides over 400 free courses which consist of audio and video files that you can directly download and use on either your computer or mobile device. Gpatterson 10:34, 19 April 2012 (EDT)
- Moodleshare is a community of Moodlers sharing their Free Moodle courses, Moodle Sites, and Moodle Units/Lessons.
- Introduction to Openness in Education -vmvadmin 19:40, 28 June 2012 (EDT)
- Prashin's Research Tools is a self study based online course designed for students with basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power point, to develop more skills to make the same as efficient reserch report writing tool. This is still under construction. Keep following and place provide feedback. Poovep1
- Teaches you programming languages Java and Python through interactive lessons online. Iamvanillabear 09:35, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Power Searching with Google. http://www.google.com/insidesearch/landing/powersearching.html
- Peer to Peer University : http://p2pu.org/en/ - a grassroots open education project that organizes learning outside of institutional walls and gives learners recognition for their achievements. P2PU creates a model for lifelong learning alongside traditional formal higher education. Leveraging the internet and educational materials openly available online, P2PU enables high-quality low-cost education opportunities.
- New NZ Road Rules (2012) : http://www.giveway.co.nz/
- Interactive video with questions to check how well you know the new (2012) road rules
- Kahn Academy : http://www.khanacademy.org/
- Exercises and learning artefacts mostly related to mathematics (Trig,Stats,Calc etc.) and history. Dplimmer 23:02, 28 March 2012 (EDT)
- Blink.co.nz : http://www.blink.co.nz/index.cfm/
- Designed for pharmacy retail. A training website where you cover modules, accumulate points, and even win prizes Mkekena
- EduForge : http://www.eduforge.com/
- Eduforge is an Open Source Learning Laboratory – offering a variety of courses on the Open Source world. All courses are completed online, through distance learning.--AdrianLim 00:27, 29 March 2012 (EDT)
- Workbright : http://www.workbright.co.nz/
- Workbright helps students to create practical training courses and motivation programmes or help them create their own elearning system that is both practical, interactive and easy to use.--Vinodbalagam 15:41, 30 March 2010 (EDT)
- Waka Ama Level 2 & 3 Internal Assessments - This an assessment and learning tool for teachers and students of New Zealand Secondary Schools to achieve Level 2 & 3 Credits. Using wikiEducator allows other experts all over the world to contribute to the learning of our young people. It supports teachers who are not proficient in the sport of Waka Ama to confidently assess the students without the support of an expert.[[Nati22ru Moana 21:07, 5 April 2012 (EDT]]
- Free online course material from MIT (Moved and Updated) Roachfex 19:23, 10 April 2012 (EDT)
- While material for about 2000 courses is provided, not all courses have lecture notes included. Also, the material provided is not the most up-to-date material. The material available is free to download (generally as a pdf, or audio/pdf for lecture notes), but there is no official assessment attached to it (ie you can't use it to gain a free qualification at MIT).
- Virtual Knee Replacement SurgeryEdheads is an online educational resource that provides free science and math games and activities for students. It is a great interactive teaching aid targets its audience and engages the learner to participate.RobynB 05:37, 19 April 2012 (EDT)
- Stencyl : http://www.kongregate.com/games/Abigayl/stencyl-tutorial-first-game
- Stencyl is a development tool to assist with the creation of flash games, there are some online tutorials that are created in flash and hosted on kongregate.com (a gaming site, so may not be accessible from EIT campus).Khs 14:07, 20 April 2012 (EDT)
- http://www.e-learningcenter.com/free_html_course.html codex156
- The E-Learning Center is a place where people can for free learn how to do simple computer related tasks such as use HTML code to Microsoft products like Office. The course material is free to download and can be sent back for assessment.
- Designed for those looking to decrease the risk of infectious diseaes in horses.--Hugo23 21:49, 21 April 2012 (EDT)
- Kahn Academy "why look at art" : http://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-history/introduction-to-art-history/the-basics/v/why-look-at-art
- Khan academy is not just maths, brilliant short, but complete video on why look at art, snaphots of people looking and voices commenting. “Stop & look, take the time”. The target audience was anyone and everyone, cleverly done. Amber99 02:45, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
- Online Courses New Zealand http://www.studynow.co.nz/Online-Courses.html
- Online Courses New Zealand is an approach directed at 'Distance Education', which provides flexible alternatives to mainstream education, a 'loosely' comparative analogy could be MOOCS, which also offer distance education. With OCNZ you are able to study in the comfort of familiar surroundings, your home for example, this could accentuate or deprive some students of aspects of their learning styles and pedagogies. Kiwitaz
- One World Italiano http://www.oneworlditaliano.com/english/italian/italian-course-free-online.htm
- One World Italiano is designed to teach Italian to students ranging from beginner to advanced levels. The Online Course is a self contained, self directed collection of teaching modules containing various activities. Each module contains conversation, grammar, aspects of interest (including cultural), and a quiz as a form of assessment. It consists of 37 units which cover quite complex grammar constructions and therefore appears to be quite complete. An interesting aspect is that is is also available in French, German, Japanese and Italian! Marco Maiorana 12 April 2013
- ALISON stands for "Advance Learning Interactive Systems Online". A world provider in free high-quality, engaging, interactive multimedia courseware for certification and standards-based learning. All courses on ALISON are accessible for free to individual learners. Teachers, trainers, tutors, and HR managers can easily and effectively oversee, manage, and report on the online learning of groups of students by using ALISON Manager. Tina Blumenthal 14 April 2013
- Courses Direct New Zealand - New Zealands largest provide of distance courses. RayRayEIT 14 April 2013
- They offer their students a range of flexible study options to fit in with the busiest of lifestyles. Their courses and programs are designed to produce results. So if you looking to change careers, enter the workforce or up skill, they are here to help.
- Coursera is partnered with 62 Universities and has 337 courses available. Watch short video lectures, take interactive quizzes, complete peer graded assessments, and interact live with your new classmates and teachers. Amiemitchell 07:33, 14 April 2013 (EDT)
- Open Polytechnic http://www.openpolytechnic.ac.nz
- The Open Polytechnic is New Zealand’s leading distance learning provider.Our focus as an educational institution is on student success. Each year around 40,000 mainly adult students enrol with us to gain the skills they need to help them progress in their current career or change to a new one. This structure encourages interaction between disciplines, including shared responsibility for some programmes, while maintaining a coherent approach to our overall teaching programme.Titanseals
- Open Culture http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses
- Get free online courses from the world’s leading universities. This collection includes over 700 free courses in the liberal arts and sciences. Download these audio & video courses straight to your computer or mp3 player. Note: you can find a new collection of certificate-bearing courses here. This is a site which provides links to online courses of renowned universities like Oxford, Stanford, IIT Madras etc.
- Udemy is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell video based information courses on any topic you can think of. Udemy is becoming more and more popular since its initial popularity increase in late 2011. BenCarroll 04:49, 29 April 2013 (EDT)
- Lynda is an online courseware site that offers video tutorials and training for various subjects, ranging from development, to business and education. You can also access the content from various devices, so you can take the resources with you. Powellmark94 (talk) 00:06, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
- Lynda is a online course provider with a wide varity of Courses from Photography Courses to Virtualization-Essential-Training. By Martin Guidry. A complete online course on the Lynda.com which seek an audience of IT professional and students who wish to grasp a modern understanding of benefits and advanced options that visualization has to offer with the use of hypervisors. LachlanS (talk) 08:41, 1 May 2015 (UTC)
School (Primary, Secondary)
- Mathispower4u Tutorials by James Sousa Math instructor releases 2,600 videos under Creative Commons Attribution
- ONLINE COURSEWARE
I have found this online course which is for people that all ready have a recognised bachelor's degree and want to move into pre child , early child hood care
this targets people that have already in work are have children(s) and don't have the time to go into school and study all though you have to go to campus a minimal amount of time of 7 days per semester, this still gives the advantage of doing your course any time of the day and put in hours that suit you the student.
here are the hightlights from the web page
Strong emphasis placed on practical experience in a variety of early childhood services and centres. May qualify you for a higher pay scale as it recognises your previous qualification. Flexible study options available through online delivery for flexible learning mode students and lecture-free days in the on-campus programme. it also allows you to download a ebook for my information
(highlights are straight referenced from the website listed below )
here's the link
link to my blog
thanks Gabrielle Kupa 17:59, 7 May 2013 (EDT)
Elements Of Energetic Healing (from 'Courses Direct')
This particular course, one of many available from Courses Direct, seems to deal with some rather esoteric and occasionally disputed subjects like meridians, auras, the chakra system, etc. Derived from both Eastern and Western sources, modern and ancient, the course also bears out the sheer scope of tuition available at Courses Direct, who also cover decidedly unmystical subject areas like aviation, business management and - as unspiritual as you can get - government. LBG 09:47, 24 April 2013 (EDT)
WordPress E-Commerce with WooCommerce
"You can learn anything on Udemy": https://www.udemy.com/
WordPress eCommerce with WooCommerce: https://www.udemy.com/woocommerce-free/?sl=E0QdHl89RhNWAUIlTA%3D%3D&dtcode=n9h2ciia
Target audience: Anyone who wishes to add some more funcionality to their WordPress site in terms of E-Commerce.
Contents: This course covers right from the initial installation of WooCommerce, to the flat-rate shipping. Users can watch videos to complete the course and see exactly how to complete the task.
It's good there is such a wide support for WordPress plugins, but registering is always a nuisance though!
Sometimes it gets a bit old , how there's information available on the internet you can learn from with your own deduction skills but if you want to be taught the information from a course you have to register most of the time. E-Learning can sometimes feel like a big fat survey, before you even get to start learning!
Bastionsoundz 23:42, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
This Level 5 Course is available to New Zealand qualified Secondary, Primary, and Early Childhood teachers, or those with a tertiary qualification and experience in working with children, who wish to extend their knowledge and expertise in teaching, or learning about, people with Specific Learning Disabilities. The online course is offered in partnership with Aoraki Polytechnic. teriwa graham 20:25, 9 April 2013 (EDT)
At http://www.ilxgroup.com/nz/default.asp , help both individuals and organisations improve their capabilities when making the best decisions to support the delivery and growth of their business with the provision of a quality training and consultancy programme covering the highly integrated range of learning and development solutions include e-learning, mobile learning, classroom training, and related coaching and mentoring services - all designed to support related processes that assist business leaders and project managers in their work. ILX Group was established in the UK in 1988 and has offices internationally. raj jadeja
Object Oriented Programming with Java
This massive open online course is a 6 week course designed to teach you the basics of computer programming, algorithms and object oriented programming using the java programming language.
Examples of online courses
Assessed Activity 8.1 (2016)