- BAISNAGAR© is situated in VIDISHA district of Madhya Pradesh. Vidisha is at a distance nearly 65 km from BHOPAL & located at 23.32DN & 77.51 EE latitude & longitude respectively.
- It takes nearly 10minitus from VIDISHA to BAISNAGAR© by bus.
- Baisnagar© is established in between two rivers- BEDRAVATI & BAISRIVER- due to which its name is BAISNAGAR city of BAIS.
OTHER GEOGRAPHICAL DATA
- Physiographic Region-CENTRAL HIGHLANDS.
- Climatic conditions- WARM CLIMATE WITH DRY WINTER.
- Temperature- 24.06° (AVERAGE)
- Mean rainfall- ABOVE 80%
- Soil- BLACK SOIL
- Major crops- WHEAT & GRAM
- Fauna- BUFFALOES (IN MAJORITY) & COWS
- Irrigation- BY RIVER WATER
- There are nearly 40 establishments (houses) in Ganeshpura.
- On an average there are 6-7 persons in each house.
- Population: 300 (approx.)
- There are nearly 20 houses in Baisnagar.
- On an average there are 5 persons in each house.
- Population: 100 (approx.).
DAILY ROUTINE OF THE CAMP
|| Prabhat Pheri
|| Community-based activities which includes survey, case-study & interview
|| Analysis of the report
|| Community game
|| Theme-based cultural programme
|| Review meeting
After lunch and analysis of the report students played community game. They played KHO-KHO with the children of the school. Accompanied staff of institute also showed equal interest in community game.
Students conducted many interviews with different persons. Few interviews are given below-
Interviewed by Pooja Pahel
- Meena Kushwaha (the polio patient)
- Mr. RANDHIR SINGH— a security guard at the paper mill
Interviewed by Shweta Saha
- Radha Lodi
Interviewed by Heena Kausar
Students conducted many CASE STUDIES. Few are given below-
The villages GANESHPURA & BAISNAGAR are though two different villages, but in general use both of them are collectively known as BAISNAGAR.
Therefore in this report (for convenience) GANESHPURA & BAISNAGAR are collectively referred to as BAISNAGAR©.
- In the family of GULABBAI, there are 7 members (mostly ladies) &there is no person who works. Out of the seven members two ladies are suffering from cancer, one from T.B. & a child suffering from some skin disease. Rests of the members are also diseased.
- The condition of MR.RAMSEVAK’s son is not well. He is of age 13-14 years. To some extent he is dumb as well as deaf & also handicapped. MR.RAMSEVAK’s economic conditions are also not good. Besides the above disabilities MR.RAMSEVAK’s son has some stomach problem & is generally always ill.
- In a LODHI family two girls died in their childhood as their problem was not detected on time due to the non-availability of medical treatment. They were suffering from Typhoid. The two girls were- PREETI & RINKY- daughter of Shri. DESRAJ LODHI & Shri. KAILASH LODHI, respectively.
- UPEN YADAV, son of Shri. KAMAL SINOK YADAV had some problem in his eyes due to which he had to undergo an eye operation. But after operation his condition his condition became more serious. The operation was done in an eye camp in BAIRAGARH where the boy was treated for one year.
- Shri PHOOL SINGH is suffering from leprosy. His medical treatment is going on.
- There is a case of POLIO in the village. MEENA KUSHWAHA, a girl of age 18 years is suffering from polio from the age of 5 years.
- In Baisnagar, due to the pits on the path, water accumulates in them during rainy season. As a result malaria has become a common disease in the rainy season.
- Also as the rain water merges with the river water, there is danger of increase in the river water level.
SARPANCH - Shri. GOVINDI
VICE-SARPANCH - Shri. RAMNARAYAN
The municipality visits the village once in a month.
- The reports of the whole survey were published in various district-level newspapers.
- MAYUR T.V. channel also telecasted the interviews of students about the problems of Ganeshpura & Baisnagar.
- The students (B.Sc. B.Ed. 1 Year) also had a meeting with the DISTRICT COLLETOR of Vidisha making an appeal to take some steps in the direction of development in the village.
- The child-marriage of SAVITA was stopped & an NGO had taken the whole charge of SAVITA’s education.