SOURCES OF INCOME
- AGRICULTURE- Nearly half of the families earn their livelihood through agriculture. The major crops grown are wheat & gram. Soya bean & lentil (masoor dal) are also grown. In wheat ‘10K WAN’ is the major brand cultivated.
- LABOUR- Rest of the population earns by working as labourers either in the village paper mill or in the city.
- MILK EXPPORT- As few villagers keep cows & buffaloes, therefore some of them sell milk in Vidisha & earn a part of their livelihood.
- House on rent- In Baisnagar©, few families live on rent, which becomes another source of income for the house honors.
STATUS OF INCOME
As most of the villagers are farmers & employers in paper mill, they do not earn much; as
their economic conditions are not good.
BOARD & PAPER MILL
- A private board & paper mill is running in the village for the past 50 years.
- The mill recycles the cardboard & paper waste from neighbouring cities & other areas & prepares craft papers & cardboards.
- Nearly 200 workers are employed in the mill. The workers are employed from both Baisnagar© & the neighbouring urban areas.
- But the worker’s pay is less. After working for 8 hours they get just Rs.60.
- In Baisnagar© electricity is cut off from 0600-1400 hrs & 1800-2100 hrs. In spite of this the electricity bill comes high.
- There are no electricity meters in the houses of Baisnagar. The electricity bill is calculated on the basis of estimation.
There are four hand-pumps in the village out of which only one provides drinking water.
TRANSPORTATION & COMMUNICATION
There is no facility in the village.
- The villages do not have any major means of transport.
- Roads (not even cemented) have been laid in Baisnagar.