Today is: 7, March 2021
I'm an Australian trained Primary School Teacher, with long-term Lymes Disease (about 25 years), living in California. My illness has prevented me from working in my chosen field as I had expectied. While doing the difficult work of learning about my disease and treatment alternatives I have also done the following:
- built 3 houses (with one or two other carpenters),
- taught ocean kayaking and lead 3-day kayaking trips,
- lead Womens Ski Trips for 13 years,
- learned, trained in Marshall Rosenberg's Nonviolent Communication and lead Compassionate Communication playshops for families in Australia and USA,
- tutored both English speakers and foreign language speakers in various high school and college courses for the past 30 years,
- learned wood carving and natural basket weaving skills,
- completed several Chinese watercolor paintings and Chinese calligraphy scrolls,
- sharpened my skills in telepathic communication with animals,helping clients with their pets,
- been a masseuse (15 years), technical writer (2 years), scuba diving training assistant and,
- strengthened my Spiritual connections with the Divine.
Now I am learning how to use InDesign so that I can create ESL (English as a Second Language) text books using drawings and stories written by the children from Marovo Lagoon in the Solomon Islands. Some of the schools I am working with have been given the small laptops by OLPC (one laptop per child) which uses Wiki. So now I want to learn how to use Wiki. Even though my health seems worse, I now have a passion to inspire me and strengthen my hope and joy in life, so who knows how far I can go and what I can create and to whom I might contribute.
As Marovo Lagoon has no electricity, phones, roads, mail service (or even bathrooms) I think the computer might be a great way for me to connect with the community of teachers that I am wanting to support.
I'm interested in:
- teaching English to learners who speak other languages
- Networking with educators to share educational resources
- creating games for fun and learning
- using sound, body movement, color,and other senses for learning
- being aware that Spirit is my top priority in all things and remembering to ask for help
My Website, blog and contact particulars
At present I have a landline (won't touch cell phones) and an email address firstname.lastname@example.org
My current Workshop EL4C22
(: Hi Karuna, I've added to your page the header of the workshop, so you can easily access to any of the pages starting from your User Page. Hope it helps. Even you feel frustrated you are making great progress. Keep going, I'll be in touch. Warm Greetings. --Gladys Gahona 03:38, 27 April 2009 (UTC) )
(: Hi, Karuna, Your user name has been fixed please take a look on this link. If you know how to compare versions you could see what was the mistake. If you do not know how to compare versions now, do not worry, versions are saved in wiki and you can compare these versions in the future. Have a nice day--George_Mty 09:15, 28 April 2009 (UTC))
WikiEducator News & Events
- Karuna, by what you describe, the problem is not WikiEducator or how you are editing it. I would guess the problem is in your computer. Press start and click on Control panel Set the time zone for where you are, and then double click on your clock and ensure it is at the right time and date.--Phil Bartle 14:21, 22 June 2009 (UTC)
- Welcome to Wikieducator. You are off to a great start. Please add your username here: http://www.wikieducator.org/EL4C19_User_Pages --Nellie Deutsch 14:58, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
(: Greetings!! Proud to have a person like you join Wikieducator!!savi 17:09, 27 January 2009 (UTC)) In Tutorial 3 and adding an edit to my User page. Can one send a note or comment to another user without actually typing in all the format symbols I see here?
- I am proud to be in the same course as someone with as much perseverance as you. Good work! --Philbartle 09:40, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
(: Dear Karuna, I am very sorry to hear about your disease, Karuna, but what I admire is your intent to not let this get you away from what you seem to love to be involved in: Education. You have come to the right environment and I am sure you will have plenty to contribute to WikiEducator. You have made a great start, keep going by adding content as we go along. Warm regards --Patricia 18:52, 27 January 2009 (UTC))