Attention to Patricia Schlicht
DAY 2 (Tuesday - April 28, 2009)
(: Continue Working on Your OER Teaching Resource!)
Wiki Cheat Sheets
- To help you learn how to quickly navigate WikiEducator, here are several resources. Please print them out, and keep them by your side when editing wiki pages. They will help you to master wiki syntax!
Add Internal & External Hyperlinks
- Do the 20 minute tutorial on new pages and links
- Begin working on your OER page, bringing the idea to life.
Use the Feedback page
Tip: Experience the Cycle of Collaboration
The power of the wiki occurs when you experience 'the accelerated cycle of collaboration'. Communicate directly on the wiki!!
- Read the Notes on the Course Feedback page
- Post a comment (by clicking "edit") on the Course Feedback page, about your motivations and hopes in taking this course.
- When someone responds to your message on the wiki, you will be automatically notified, if you have modified your WE Account setting properly.
(: If you are not receiving notifications, please write your facilitator along with your User Name and Password, and I will help you!)
Communication & Interaction
Activity: Your Professional Development Interests
|Post Your Professional Development Interests - on Your User Page
- Please create a new heading on your User Page, called "My Pro-D Interests".
- List your specific Pro-D Interests.
- Go to the Participant List for the course, and click on the hyperlinked names of your peers to find out about their Pro-D interests
- Click the "Discussion Tab" on the top of their page, and post a note about the Pro-D interests of interest to you.
- Feel free to share your ideas, links and resources.
- Introduce yourself to the other participants and welcome each other the wiki way.
- Please introduce yourself and respond to each others' introductions as a wikibuddy on the following page: Introductions
- In addition, add a bio to your personal user page and include the following details: your full name, country of residence, nationality, profession, occupation, other roles, place of work or employer, native tonge, areas of expertise, website and/or blog if you have one and wish to add it/them. As soon as you learn how, please upload & add a personal photo to your User page.
- You may call the heading "My Profile" or "My Bio"
- Please share your feedback so that we can improve the workshop content and process here: Feedback
Observe & Reflect
Here is a place in the workshop to reflect. Please take the time to observe and reflect on your progress and activities. You may wish to add a heading for Reflection on your userpage or My Sandbox.