This Chapter consists of Following Sections
- ROLE EXPECTATIONS FROM A TRAINERತರಬೇತುದಾರರ ನಿರೀಕ್ಷಿತ ಪಾತ್ರಗಳು
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS ಸಂವಹನ ಕೌಶಲಗಳು
- MANAGEMENT SKILLS ನಿರ್ವಹಣಾ ಕೌಶಲಗಳು
- TRANSACTION SKILLS
- EVALUATION SKILLSಮೌಲ್ಯಮಾಪನ ಕೌಶಲಗಳು
This section helps you to
- Understand teacher educator's roles,functions, requisites and expectations
- Enhance competencies needed inside the institute and in field situations
- Know how to improve the effectiveness of your academic transactions
- Be able to manage your activities and programmes efficiently, and
- Undertake evaluation in various contexts of work in a DIET
One of the noticeable features of higher education is the lack o f variety in teaching-learning methods. This could be due to unthinking tradition (this is the way it has always been done) or administrative convenience (it is easy to organize). Trainees have different attitudes to learning and also individual ways of learning. There is, therefore, a need for a corresponding variety of teaching strategies. Further, using a variety of strategies helps the trainer to avoid boredom, as variety always generates interest. Certain training methods are a suitable mode to transact certain content areas. But there is no hard and fast rule about only one method being suitable for a particular content area. It is only a question of one method being more suitable than others. A trainer should ideally have a repertoire of training methods to make her/his training effective and enjoyable.
|This section helps you to
- Understand what are the skills needed for a teacher educator for classroom teaching.
- Understand the skills needed for teacher educator for acdemic works in out door sessions.
- Understand the appropriate and inappropriate use of skills by a teacher educator
|Teacher educator requires a repertoire of abilities to undertake all the actvities that are related to teaching work both inside and out side the class room. Skills are the simplest practiceable units to undertake the task. One's level of skill attainment, motivational level to execute and attitude together decide the performance level expressed interms of one's competency.
|Discuss with your colleagues on various activities that are carried our in different wings of the DIET. List out various competencies required. Prioritise them for each wing. Prepare a cumulative competency card which expresses levels of attainment of teacher educators on various competencies. Collect self check by all the teacher educators in your DIET on the cumulative competencey card and prepare a report regading the needed action plan for competencey enhancement programme. Submit the report