Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- Updates to pages?
- Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have a quick question. I was browsing the projects on the wikieducator website and I found several interesting ones, but it seems the pages are relatively o...
- Umberto Michelucci 2014-12-18 08:52:31
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
- Congratulations and a warm welcome to the University of Canberra on joining OERu family :-) Ramesh R. C. Sharma. PhD Regional Director Indira Gandhi National Open University, India On Tue, Dec 16,...
- Ramesh Sharma 2014-12-16 06:32:21
- University of Canberra joins OERu and launches UC Open
- We are proud to announce OERu's newest partner, the University of Canberra (UC). We extend a very warm welcome to UC on joining the OERu family. The membership announcement coincides with the l...
- Wayne Mackintosh 2014-12-16 01:08:52
- WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for November 2014: Jonas Bäckelin
- Dear Friends, The WikiEducator User Page Expo <http://wikieducator.org/UPE> ("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that are particul...
- Ramesh Sharma 2014-12-14 13:00:46
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic
- yes, you have made it, others should follow congratulations On 12/10/14, wikied...@googlegroups.com <wikied...@googlegroups.com> wrote: > ==================================================...
- Yahaya Abdullahi 2014-12-10 18:45:46
- Meet OERu's first graduate
- Hi everyone Thompson Rivers University (TRU) student, Michelle Aragon had a study abroad experience without ever leaving home— and made history to boot, becoming the first student to receive acad...
- Wayne Mackintosh 2014-12-09 04:11:47
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics
- Hello Levi, Actually if you overcook [one word, not two] cabbage, many of the nutrients will go into the cooking water, turning it into a vital broth. Purple cabbage (maybe aka red cabbage)...
- Mark Roest 2014-11-29 02:59:37
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
- try proprofs On 11/28/14, wikied...@googlegroups.com <wikied...@googlegroups.com> wrote: > ============================================================================= > Today's to...
- Yahaya Abdullahi 2014-11-28 22:30:01
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
- Open Education and Research at the University of Canberra
- Audio visual recording of the talk given by James Neill and Leigh Blackall, for the University of Canberra, at the 2010 annual conference of Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia. Notes to suppor...
- leighblackall 2010-11-11 23:55:12
- openuc – sam hinton interview
- Sam Hinton talks about open academic practices, as part of a series of interviews informing the OpenUC project.Sam works with the University of Canberra, in the Faculty of Media and Graphic Design....
- leighblackall 2010-10-22 05:00:04
- Update your feed, this blog is over
- http://leighblackall.blogspot.comPosted in Uncategorized<img alt="" border="0" src="http://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=learnonline.wordpress.com&blog=614354...
- leighblackall 2009-05-07 04:06:04
- Stop this, start that
- I’ve started blogging over at http://leighblackall.blogspot.com and will stop blogging here soon. Hope you’ll follow me there, if not this is your chance to clear one more e...
- leighblackall 2009-04-05 01:22:16
Steve Foerster - HireSteve.com
Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiresteve.com/atom.xml: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
- Is the tone of the assessment conversation what really matters? (#edchat)
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="http://www.oceanlight.com/photo/pseudotsuga-menziesii-douglas-fir-21037.jpg" imag...
- email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-12-20 14:27:00
- Desk app for Mac: Initial post and reaction
- <h3></h3><h3><div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"></div><div style="text-align: right;"><table cellpa...
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-12-19 17:25:00
- #Edudemic authors, why hide?
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/Hiding_in_the_Haycocks_%281881%29_b...
- email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-12-07 14:39:00
- ELT Live #7: Questions from future English language educators
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Boelge_stor.jpg/1024px-Boelg...
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-10-22 00:05:00
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
- WikiEducator Goes Green
- <div class="floatleft"><a href="//wikieducator.org/File:Https_wikieducator.png" class="image" title="WikiEducator with the secure https padlock">...
- Jim Tittsler 2014-09-20 06:16:00
- Mediawiki 1.23
- All of the WikiEducator and WikiResearcher wikis have been updated to Mediawiki 1.23.3. This long awaited update was delayed because our old LiquidThreads (pre Version 1) did not cleanly migrate to...
- JimTittsler 2014-09-03 06:55:00
- The <a href="//wikieducator.org/Widget:AddToTable" title="Widget:AddToTable">AddToTable widget</a> allows users that may not be comfortable with wiki syntax to add a...
- JimTittsler 2014-08-11 03:53:00
- Social Bookmarking
- In 2010 we agreed to try adding a navigation button to simplify sharing WikiEducator content on social media sites. Unfortunately the implementation has some privacy and technical limitations. Most...
- JimTittsler 2014-07-12 19:57:00
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
- Science lessons from 8 year old children
- Ed Yong in Not Exactly Rocket science alerted me to an article published in Biological Letters Biology Letters from the Royal Society. I will not discuss the content of the article, Ed Yong has (as...
- kubke 2010-12-22 10:58:57
- Reflection on my first year as a student
- Well, not really my first year. I started school at the age of 2 and got my PhD at the age of 32, but I hadn’t been a student since (except for a course I took as a post-doc). But this ye...
- kubke 2010-12-19 00:15:24
- Can negative stereotypes in learning be overcome?
- This is a short one. I just came across this post by Ed Yong in his blog ‘Not Exactly Rocket Science’ over at the Discover site. Ed is a great writer (one of my favourite scienc...
- kubke 2010-11-26 11:13:58
- Redesigning my course
- As a final assignment for my paper in the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, we were asked to write a 3,000 word essay on a course or teaching module redesign. I knew this assignment wo...
- kubke 2010-11-18 10:34:05
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
- Using WikiEducator to Improve the Academic Performance of Distance Learners at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Cape Coast | Kafui Aheto - Academia.edu
- 2014-10-14 10:19:29
- Manual:Pywikibot - MediaWiki
- 2014-10-10 07:57:47
- 2013-09-10 13:02:24
- Workshop schedule - WikiEducator
- 2013-07-03 13:18:24
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
New template for adding information about your resources is now available. Automatically adds categories, which are becoming much needed in WikiEd. See: Template:ContentInfobox for more info.
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)