Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- Reminder - OERu Management Committee Broadcast this week
- Hi Everyone, Just a brief reminder that the *4th Meeting of the OERu Management Committee <https://plus.google.com/events/c4gnm40ip8phsabrgdnf2dddhgg>* which will be broadcast live on Goo...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2015-06-28 03:28:05
- OERu community source model receives a major boost
- Hi Everyone I'm very pleased to share the news of the appointment of our new Open Source Technologist. Dave Lane is currently the President of the New Zealand Open Source Society and brings 21...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2015-06-22 07:47:49
- NOUN joins the OERu family
- Today, the National Open University of Nigeria <http://oeru.org/oeru-partners/national-open-university-of-nigeria/> announced their decision to join the OERu network and claims the accola...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2015-06-19 02:39:21
- K-12 teachers in resource rich environment
- Walter Bender's OLPC roundup this week mentions an interesting article in The Atlantic about the future role of K-12 teachers in the face of readily available and accessible resources: http:...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-04-29 00:33:26
- how to use new interface of wikieducator
- Hello i have opened my wikieducator page after sometime and found a new interface to edit my page. will somebody help me to get its tutorial (video or text) so that i can edit my page
- — deepty gupta 2015-04-27 23:54:21
- Imanofutu open fiction series - Vol.3 -the first alien home on Earth published
- Dear friends, The free digital copy of 'Imanofutu; the first alien home on Earth' is now available in Google Books and Google Play. It is the 3rd volume in the Imanofutu open fiction series...
- — Anil 2015-04-26 13:48:45
- #ds4oer Open design strengths weaknesses
- #ds4oer Open design Strength: 1. many hands makes light work, 2.collaboration stimulates thinking out of the box and reduces myopic thinking. Weakness: 1. Open design is like being in an ant colony...
- — Gary Asselbergs 2015-04-19 08:10:21
- good morning, I am busy familiarizing myself with the course, and still getting the hang of working with communication venues, wikieducator and twitter, To be honest I find it rather confusing, hop...
- — Gary Asselbergs 2015-04-14 08:32:33
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
Failed to load RSS feed from http://learnonline.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steve Foerster - HireSteve.com
Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiresteve.com/atom.xml: HTTP request timed out.
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
- Academic Writing and ICTs
- I'm preparing an in-house talk on using information and communication technologies (ICTs) for academic writing and am planning on using the presentation below (currently a work in progress) and...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-06-10 12:56:00
- Standardized testing...why not just opt out?
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/Where%2C_When%2C_Who%2C_What%2C_Why...
- — email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-05-05 00:48:00
- Article Review: Exploratory Practice
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2TidCqGWVrc/VUN9adccGTI/AAAAAAAAgWA/i1WfRus6Lqk/s1600/grid-7...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-05-01 14:00:00
- Composition (4th Semester): Group Writing Task
- <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4dfcakrhZuo" width="560"></iframe><br...
- — email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-04-25 18:04:00
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
- WikiEducator Goes Green
- <div class="floatleft"><a href="//wikieducator.org/File:Https_wikieducator.png" class="image" title="WikiEducator with the secure https padlock">...
- — Jim Tittsler 2014-09-20 06:16:00
- Mediawiki 1.23
- All of the WikiEducator and WikiResearcher wikis have been updated to Mediawiki 1.23.3. This long awaited update was delayed because our old LiquidThreads (pre Version 1) did not cleanly migrate to...
- — JimTittsler 2014-09-03 06:55:00
- The <a href="//wikieducator.org/Widget:AddToTable" title="Widget:AddToTable">AddToTable widget</a> allows users that may not be comfortable with wiki syntax to add a...
- — JimTittsler 2014-08-11 03:53:00
- Social Bookmarking
- In 2010 we agreed to try adding a navigation button to simplify sharing WikiEducator content on social media sites. Unfortunately the implementation has some privacy and technical limitations. Most...
- — JimTittsler 2014-07-12 19:57:00
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com/author/kubke/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
- Using WikiEducator to Improve the Academic Performance of Distance Learners at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Cape Coast | Kafui Aheto - Academia.edu
- 2014-10-14 10:19:29
- Michael Verhaart - WikiEducator
- 2013-03-10 07:47:07
- 2012-08-04 11:27:04
- Understanding Cultural Diversity
- 2011-12-10 15:20:07
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
New template for adding information about your resources is now available. Automatically adds categories, which are becoming much needed in WikiEd. See: Template:ContentInfobox for more info.
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)