Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- University World News article on OERu and sustainable education
- Hi everyone (Apology for any duplicate posts) FYI (in case you missed this): University World News has published an article on the sustainability of education featuring the OERu - one of our flagsh...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2015-08-24 10:39:58
- Developing open business models for OERu
- Hi Everyone, An open consultation. Planning for the OERu Regional Oceania meeting on 27 August 2015 to design and develop open business models is well under way. (See meeting website <http:/...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2015-08-18 05:45:09
- OERu input evaluation survey - Help shape OERu futures
- Hi everyone (Apology for any duplicate posts) Yesterday we launched our comprehensive OERu input evaluation survey to inform design decisions for the implementation of the project. The findings wil...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2015-08-12 00:34:56
- Current Science news "UNESCO Launches Open Access Curriculum for Young and Early Career Researchers"
- *UNESCO Launches Open Access Curriculum for Young and Early Career Researchers <http://www.currentscience.ac.in/Volumes/109/03/0400.pdf>. Current Science, 10 August 2015, 109(3), 400-401....
- — Anup 2015-08-09 16:00:46
- Potential new project. Aquatic insect key
- Hi folks I have put some aquatic insect resources online in WE and I'm considering a new one. The idea is an aquatic invertebrate key...point and click with lots of photographs. All traditional...
- — Declan 2015-08-08 01:45:50
- WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for July 2015: Nate Parker
- Dear Friends, The WikiEducator User Page Expo <http://wikieducator.org/UPE> ("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that are particular...
- — Ramesh Sharma 2015-08-02 14:55:47
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
- Hi David You could try this listing: http://www.africaeducation.org/open_courseware.htm This may also help: http://www.africaeducation.org/open_source1.htm Regards Paul On 30 July 2015 at 0...
- — wes...@gmail.com 2015-07-30 06:33:23
- Open courses for Pacific Islands teachers - and community
- Hello, I am trying to refresh myself on sources of open courses that would be of interest to Pacific Islands teachers. Moodle based or otherwise. MOOCs. I recall Open University and Open Polytechni...
- — David Leeming 2015-07-29 05:04:21
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
Failed to load RSS feed from http://learnonline.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steve Foerster - HireSteve.com
Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiresteve.com/atom.xml: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
- A Mission for Unity and Coherency
- <span style="font-family: inherit;"> </span><div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><span style="font-family: inherit...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-07-26 15:57:00
- What's the link between formative assessment and anticipating student challenges?
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6735929719_d6f13e0c3e_n.jpg" imageanchor=&quo...
- — email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-07-21 15:55:00
- ELT Live #9
- <span style="color: #666666; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px;"><strong>‘Summer Brainstorm/Get the Rust Out’ edition</strong></span><br /&g...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-07-19 16:33:00
- Academic Writing and ICTs
- I'm preparing an in-house talk on using information and communication technologies (ICTs) for academic writing and am planning on using the presentation below (currently a work in progress) and...
- — email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-06-10 12:56:00
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
- <a href="//wikieducator.org/Widget:DisplayTable" title="Widget:DisplayTable">Widget:Display Table</a> uses AJAX to include a copy of a designated table from another...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-08-03 02:41:00
- OERf is Growing!
- It is exciting to announce that <a href="//wikieducator.org/User:Davelane" title="User:Davelane" userpage-link="true">Dave Lane</a> is joining the OER Foun...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-06-12 02:41:00
- WikiEducator Goes Green
- <div class="floatleft"><a href="//wikieducator.org/File:Https_wikieducator.png" class="image" title="WikiEducator with the secure https padlock">...
- — Jim Tittsler 2014-09-20 06:16:00
- Mediawiki 1.23
- All of the WikiEducator and WikiResearcher wikis have been updated to Mediawiki 1.23.3. This long awaited update was delayed because our old LiquidThreads (pre Version 1) did not cleanly migrate to...
- — JimTittsler 2014-09-03 06:55:00
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com/author/kubke/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
- Using WikiEducator to Improve the Academic Performance of Distance Learners at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Cape Coast | Kafui Aheto - Academia.edu
- 2014-10-14 10:19:29
- Michael Verhaart - WikiEducator
- 2013-03-10 07:47:07
- 2012-08-04 11:27:04
- Understanding Cultural Diversity
- 2011-12-10 15:20:07
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
New template for adding information about your resources is now available. Automatically adds categories, which are becoming much needed in WikiEd. See: Template:ContentInfobox for more info.
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)