Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- Virginia Community College System profiles the OERu
- Hi everyone The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) representing twenty-three Virginia community colleges on 40 campuses in the US has featured the OERu. Great to see our open community values...
- Wayne Mackintosh 2015-02-20 00:26:00
- The Open University launches Badged Open Courses
- Hi everyone, The Open University (OU) announces that it is increasing access to OER by joining the OERu <http://oeru.org/news/ou-joining-oeru/>. This announcement coincides with the launc...
- Wayne Mackintosh 2015-02-16 22:06:37
- Imanofutu Vol.2 - open fiction series - published
- Dear friends, I would like to present Imanofutu Vol.2 with the subtitle ‘The eventful start of Sugirl’s presidency’ to the OER community. Imanofutu is an open licensed (CC-BY-SA) futuristic f...
- Anil 2014-12-27 04:21:28
- Seasons Greetings
- *Dear friends,* *Seasons greetings to all my friends in WE !* *Warm regards* *Anil* http://www,http://wikieductor.org/User:Anil_Prasad
- Anil 2014-12-25 05:33:01
- UNESCO launches Open Access Curricula for Researchers, Librarians and iSchools
- *UNESCO launches Open Access Curricula for Researchers and Librarians* 19.12.2014 - Communication & Information Sector Within the overall framework of UNESCO Strategy on Open Access to scientif...
- Anup 2014-12-23 08:47:07
- Updates to pages?
- Hi everyone, this is my first post and I have a quick question. I was browsing the projects on the wikieducator website and I found several interesting ones, but it seems the pages are relatively o...
- Umberto Michelucci 2014-12-18 08:52:31
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
- Congratulations and a warm welcome to the University of Canberra on joining OERu family :-) Ramesh R. C. Sharma. PhD Regional Director Indira Gandhi National Open University, India On Tue, Dec 16,...
- Ramesh Sharma 2014-12-16 06:32:21
- University of Canberra joins OERu and launches UC Open
- We are proud to announce OERu's newest partner, the University of Canberra (UC). We extend a very warm welcome to UC on joining the OERu family. The membership announcement coincides with the l...
- Wayne Mackintosh 2014-12-16 01:08:52
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
Failed to load RSS feed from http://learnonline.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steve Foerster - HireSteve.com
Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiresteve.com/atom.xml: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
- Teachers as doctors...
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="https://openclipart.org/download/5013/metalmarious-Medicine-and-a-Stethoscope.svg"...
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-02-23 15:17:00
- Assessment-based instruction...always applicable?
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wcia5lBn5Cs/VOiHYmouwmI/AAAAAAAAfzI/PH6JffIVpmc/s1600/tutor-...
- email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-02-21 19:49:00
- Is there a standard variety of English?
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"></div><div class="MsoNoteLevel1CxSpFirst" style="margin-left: 0in; mso-add-space: a...
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-02-14 00:37:00
- Academics...what does it mean?
- <div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;"><a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/PIA16695-BlackHole-Corona-20130227....
- email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2015-02-13 21:52:00
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
- WikiEducator Goes Green
- <div class="floatleft"><a href="//wikieducator.org/File:Https_wikieducator.png" class="image" title="WikiEducator with the secure https padlock">...
- Jim Tittsler 2014-09-20 06:16:00
- Mediawiki 1.23
- All of the WikiEducator and WikiResearcher wikis have been updated to Mediawiki 1.23.3. This long awaited update was delayed because our old LiquidThreads (pre Version 1) did not cleanly migrate to...
- JimTittsler 2014-09-03 06:55:00
- The <a href="//wikieducator.org/Widget:AddToTable" title="Widget:AddToTable">AddToTable widget</a> allows users that may not be comfortable with wiki syntax to add a...
- JimTittsler 2014-08-11 03:53:00
- Social Bookmarking
- In 2010 we agreed to try adding a navigation button to simplify sharing WikiEducator content on social media sites. Unfortunately the implementation has some privacy and technical limitations. Most...
- JimTittsler 2014-07-12 19:57:00
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com/author/kubke/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
- Using WikiEducator to Improve the Academic Performance of Distance Learners at the Centre for Continuing Education, University of Cape Coast | Kafui Aheto - Academia.edu
- 2014-10-14 10:19:29
- Manual:Pywikibot - MediaWiki
- 2014-10-10 07:57:47
- 2013-09-10 13:02:24
- Workshop schedule - WikiEducator
- 2013-07-03 13:18:24
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
New template for adding information about your resources is now available. Automatically adds categories, which are becoming much needed in WikiEd. See: Template:ContentInfobox for more info.
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)