Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- The "Other fifty weeks" podcast - chatting about OERu a little unplugged
- The Adrian Stagg at the University of Southern Queensland is coordinating a new podcast initiative called "The other fifty weeks" aimed at continuing the open discussion outside of open e...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-06-02 05:18:59
- Re: [WikiEducator] Abridged summary of wikied...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
- DeAnza College funded the development of a course called Digital Learning Literacties. http://wikieducator.org/User:Vtaylor/Learning_literacies The Digital Learning Literacies course not offere...
- — Vtaylor 2016-04-30 11:26:23
- Crowdsourcing topics for new 1st year course: Learning in a Digital Age
- The OERu is developing a 1st year course for formal academic credit called: Learning in a Digital Age (LiDA). This course will be incorporated into the OERu free 1st year of study currently under d...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2016-04-29 11:02:44
- CC BY SA open fiction on wikia
- Dear all, The full text of CC-BY-SA open fiction *'Neither she nor he; it's me'* is now available on wikia wiki. See http://www.neither-she-nor-he-its-me.wikia.com/wiki/Read_the_com...
- — Anil 2016-02-13 08:31:25
- Open Distance eLearning consultancy
- fyi *Elizabeth O. Mbasu, BED, MED FLXL | Curriculum Specialist | Instruction Designer | Education Technologist Consultant| C: +254 (0) 720 898 097| ** C: +254 (0) 732 68 88...
- — Liz 2016-02-04 10:11:15
- Neither she nor he; it's me - an open novel
- Dear friends, It was while writing the synopsis for Imanofutu Vol.4, I was entangled with the thoughts about individuals who want to live beyond their gender identities. This novel introduces four...
- — Anil 2015-11-20 16:52:24
- Understanding Disciplines and Subjects
- *SCHOOL SUBJECT AND ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE* *1. School Subject* Dewey viewed subject matter as a distinctive and specialized domain of experience for learners. Subject matter consists of a body of fac...
- — Dr.Santhosh- Areekkuzhiyil 2015-10-30 12:08:41
- WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for September 2015: Adum Joseph
- Dear Friends, The WikiEducator User Page Expo <http://wikieducator.org/UPE> ("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that are particular...
- — Ramesh Sharma 2015-10-04 13:49:16
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
Failed to load RSS feed from http://learnonline.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steve Foerster - HireSteve.com
Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiresteve.com/atom.xml: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
- Flipped Classroom: Intentional vs. Incidental Learning
- <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFN1ETGNJAE" width="420"></iframe><br...
- — email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart, PhD) 2016-06-23 03:19:00
- Flipped Classroom: Learning Community
- <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dRnI24OQBqo" width="560"></iframe> <b...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart, PhD) 2016-06-15 16:43:00
- Flexible Learning Spaces
- <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MDOf5h2zn1w" width="560"></iframe><br...
- — email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart, PhD) 2016-06-15 16:32:00
- OpenFlip Spring 2016 Course
- <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PeelKOWCy-s" width="560"></iframe><br...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart, PhD) 2016-05-29 14:33:00
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
- Quiz Cloze
- The <a href="//wikieducator.org/Widget:Quiz_Cloze" title="Widget:Quiz Cloze">Widget:Quiz Cloze</a> (and therefor the <a href="//wikieducator.org/Template:Qui...
- — Jim Tittsler 2016-02-19 04:31:00
- <a href="//wikieducator.org/Widget:DisplayTable" title="Widget:DisplayTable">Widget:Display Table</a> uses AJAX to include a copy of a designated table from another...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-08-03 02:41:00
- OERf is Growing!
- It is exciting to announce that <a href="//wikieducator.org/User:Davelane" title="User:Davelane" userpage-link="true">Dave Lane</a> is joining the OER Foun...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-06-12 02:41:00
- WikiEducator Goes Green
- <div class="floatleft"><a href="//wikieducator.org/File:Https_wikieducator.png" class="image" title="WikiEducator with the secure https padlock">...
- — Jim Tittsler 2014-09-20 06:16:00
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com/author/kubke/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/tag/wikieducator: Error fetching URL: Could not resolve host: feeds.delicious.com
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)