Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- Reminder - Broadcast of 3rd Meeting of the OERu Management Committee Today
- Hi everyone Just a reminder that the broadcast of the 3rd meeting of the OERu Management Committee <https://plus.google.com/events/c9l0ua523904c6r5gs3gtj5aje4> will start on the top of th...
- Wayne Mackintosh 2014-09-15 21:10:55
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
- Thanks that is good On 10 Sep 2014 02:52, <wikied...@googlegroups.com> wrote: > wikied...@googlegroups.com > <https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_source=digest&utm_med...
- Yahaya Abdullahi 2014-09-10 08:26:34
- .....and now for something completely different? an Iphone app
- Hi folks we just launched a free Iphone/Ipad app in I tunes based on the streams pages on Wikieducator. The app reflects slimmed-down content from here: http://wikieducator.org/Streams/home so...
- Declan 2014-09-09 23:20:14
- Course Design Rubric and Standards for Quality Online Teaching.
- Here is another initiative to publish online course content... http://ccconlineed.org/documents/category/6-professional-development-workgroup In order for a course to be offered as a part of th...
- Vtaylor 2014-09-06 19:30:55
- WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for August 2014: Kim Thomas
- Dear Friends, The WikiEducator User Page Expo <http://wikieducator.org/UPE> ("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that are particul...
- Ramesh Sharma 2014-09-03 07:29:33
- Re: [WikiEducator] Digest for wikied...@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic
- Hi Ivy, I am just across the border in Zambia and may find myself in Botswana in November. I wouldnt mind assisting facilitate a L4C workshop for your institution for free. Lets talk. You can get m...
- Victor Mensah 2014-08-22 05:49:22
- L4C workshop
- *How to get more information about L4C Workshop* - maybe to organize one for our institution -- This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of th...
- Ivy Anish 2014-08-20 13:40:20
- Paying for credit
- There is considerable interest from students in earning credit of completing open courses. Many MOOCs and open courses do offer the option of receiving credit or certification and there is normally...
- Vtaylor 2014-08-15 10:21:06
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
- Open Education and Research at the University of Canberra
- Audio visual recording of the talk given by James Neill and Leigh Blackall, for the University of Canberra, at the 2010 annual conference of Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia. Notes to suppor...
- leighblackall 2010-11-11 23:55:12
- openuc – sam hinton interview
- Sam Hinton talks about open academic practices, as part of a series of interviews informing the OpenUC project.Sam works with the University of Canberra, in the Faculty of Media and Graphic Design....
- leighblackall 2010-10-22 05:00:04
- Update your feed, this blog is over
- http://leighblackall.blogspot.comPosted in Uncategorized<img alt="" border="0" src="http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=learnonline.wordpress.com&blog...
- leighblackall 2009-05-07 04:06:04
- Stop this, start that
- I’ve started blogging over at http://leighblackall.blogspot.com and will stop blogging here soon. Hope you’ll follow me there, if not this is your chance to clear one more e...
- leighblackall 2009-04-05 01:22:16
Steve Foerster - HireSteve.com
Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiresteve.com/atom.xml: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
- Pre-Session Meetup (ELT live)
- <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VVtf0r_hY7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><br /><a...
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-09-11 21:31:00
- TILL Hangout On Air: Open Courseware and Open Educational Resources
- Join the Teachers for Interactive Language Learning (TILL) Hangout on Air tomorrow where we'll discuss open courseware, OERs, and open education in general.<br /><br /><br />J...
- email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-09-09 17:46:00
- Participatory Action Research
- <br />Does the image below represent the notion of participatory action research? What's missing?<br />
<br /><br /><iframe width="480" he...
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-07-22 20:38:00
- Learning technologies for English for academic purposes (EAP) classes
<a href="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/S%26g1.jpg" target="_blank"><img alt="" src="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...
- email@example.com (Benjamin L. Stewart) 2014-07-12 16:15:00
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
- Make Cycle #1: How to…
- First assignment, let’s remix the How To format! a) Make a How to Be! connected to something that introduces who you are, your hobby or your community. This is my Selfie about How to Behave...
- Jonas 2014-06-16 20:07:57
- Joining CLMOOC (Week01)
- Today Making Learning Connected (#CLMOOC) begins. The Educator Innovator has set up a micro-investment fund for online meet-ups enabeling educators to move their practice toward connected lear...
- Jonas 2014-06-13 11:31:05
- Joining ETMOOC
- In this introductury post I will formulate my learning outcome, since my experience is that after the ten week period this will support reflection. To be continued…Filed under: #etmooc<...
- Jonas 2013-01-20 08:50:22
- Skill Badge: Certified Networked Teacher #CNT12
- This is some information about our preparation for the badge ‘Certified Networked Teacher’ at P2PU: Url of the challenge associated with this badge http://p2pu.org/en/groups...
- swedinbalchik 2012-05-04 12:38:40
- Social Bookmarking
- In 2010 we agreed to try adding a navigation button to simplify sharing WikiEducator content on social media sites. Unfortunately the implementation has some privacy and technical limitations. Most...
- JimTittsler 2014-07-12 19:57:00
- Link to Row
- The <a href="http://wikieducator.org/Widget:LinkToRow" title="Widget:LinkToRow">Widget:LinkToRow</a> allows you to create a URL that will direct a user to a part...
- JimTittsler 2014-07-03 01:50:00
- Over the years we have developed a variety of techniques for ''theming'' content authored in WikiEducator. I've posted a <a href="http://wikieducator.org/User:JimTittsler/Theming&qu...
- JimTittsler 2014-05-19 04:54:00
- This year we have made two upgrades to the <a href="http://wikieducator.org/WikiEducator/Hosting" title="WikiEducator/Hosting" class="mw-redirect">WikiEducat...
- JimTittsler 2014-04-28 04:00:00
Building Blogs of Science
- Open Access publishing shouldn’t be this hard
- We put a man on the moon about half a century ago yet we still haven’t solved the problem of access to the scientific literature. I was invited to speak at the New Zealand Association of Scientis...
- kubke 2014-04-05 10:32:20
- Open Access Week 2014
- What do brain machine interfaces and Open Science have in common? They are two examples of concepts that I never thought I would get to see materialised in my lifetime. I was wrong. I had heard of...
- kubke 2013-10-24 22:14:45
- Science gone bad
- or the day after the sting I got the embargoed copy of Science Magazine article on peer review in Open Access earlier this week, which gave me a chance to read it with tranquility. I have to say I...
- kubke 2013-10-04 23:38:42
- Predatoromics of science communication
- The week ends with a series of articles in Science that make you roll your eyes. These articles explore different aspects of the landscape of science communication exposing how broken the system ca...
- kubke 2013-10-03 22:04:07
- Science lessons from 8 year old children
- Ed Yong in Not Exactly Rocket science alerted me to an article published in Biological Letters Biology Letters from the Royal Society. I will not discuss the content of the article, Ed Yong has (as...
- kubke 2010-12-22 10:58:57
- Reflection on my first year as a student
- Well, not really my first year. I started school at the age of 2 and got my PhD at the age of 32, but I hadn’t been a student since (except for a course I took as a post-doc). But this ye...
- kubke 2010-12-19 00:15:24
- Can negative stereotypes in learning be overcome?
- This is a short one. I just came across this post by Ed Yong in his blog ‘Not Exactly Rocket Science’ over at the Discover site. Ed is a great writer (one of my favourite scienc...
- kubke 2010-11-26 11:13:58
- Redesigning my course
- As a final assignment for my paper in the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, we were asked to write a 3,000 word essay on a course or teaching module redesign. I knew this assignment wo...
- kubke 2010-11-18 10:34:05
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
- Workshop schedule - WikiEducator
- 2013-07-03 13:18:24
- Education Futures - WikiEducator
- 2013-03-19 12:08:57
- OER university - WikiEducator
- 2013-03-19 11:23:50
- UNESCO OER Toolkit Draft - WikiEducator
- 2012-11-25 18:44:04
Active WikiEducator Projects
Failed to load RSS feed from http://www.wikieducator.org/index.php?title=Initiatives&action=feed&feed=rss: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
New template for adding information about your resources is now available. Automatically adds categories, which are becoming much needed in WikiEd. See: Template:ContentInfobox for more info.
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)