What is an ambassador for WikiEducator?country.
Ambassadors for WikiEducator assist in the realisation of our strategy by promoting activities which:
- help build the WikiEducator community,
- develop skills and build capacity for all WikiEducators,
- promote and advocate free educational content, and
- identify and implement innovation in WikiEducator.
Ambassadors are people who have a passion to widen access to quality education through open networks and free content. They identify themselves in the WikiEducator community and keep us informed of their ambassadorial activities.
Become a WikiEducator Ambassador!
- Add my name to My Country's WikiAmbassadors. (click on your country's name, and scroll down to the list of WikiAmbassadors).
What do ambassadors for WikiEducator do?
List your ideas for things that ambassadors can do:
- Read the WikiEducator Wishlist - and ask how you can help;
- List your name and contact details below;
- Post the WikiAmbassador logo on your User Page
- Become a WikiNeighbour
- Introduce people to WikiEducator by showing them how to create an account and get started on free content development;
Levels of ambassadorship
Like most things in life, we all get better with experience, so you don't need to be a guru with wiki technology to become a WikiAmbassador. With due acknowledgement to the FLOSS4Edu Pacific Regional Workshop, WikiEducator recognises the following levels of ambassadorship:
- Level 1: Explaining to colleagues and friends what WikiEducator is and sharing things you've learned about the project;
- Level 2: Being able to demonstrate the WikiEducator website to colleagues and friends, in your office, meeting or group presentation;
- Level 3: Being able to talk about WikiEducator, demonstrate the wiki and then teach someone else how to use WikiEducator and contribute to the project.
Spread the Word
- Spread the word about WikiEducator at your own institution or community;
- Promote WikiEducator in the blogsphere, news groups and electronic lists;* Speak formally about WikiEducator at conferences, round tables and other meetings (be sure to let us know - so we can post info to our Main Page - "In the News" section)
- Invite others to experience the power and utility of WikiEducator
- Speak informally about WikiEducator to your colleagues, peers, educators and interested parties;
- Organise workshops and training sessions on how to author free content on WikiEducator;
- Record events where WikiEducator is promoted;
- Design new projects which ensure scaleable and sustainable growth of the community
- Identify research opportunities on, and about WikiEducator
- Connect with other WikiAmbassadors
- Develop WikiAmbassador Clusters whereby you can discuss opportunities and projects, invite other people, meet virtually or F2F - to accelerate a project and/or take it to the next level
What resources are available for WikiEducator ambassadors?
- Newbie tutorials on using WikiEducator;
- Downloadable brochure
- WikiEducator workshop toolkit for planning and presenting workshops;
- WikiEducator Discussion List for sharing ideas;
List of ambassadors for WikiEducator
- Kylie Walters, Coffs Harbour, Australia. Kylie Walters.com
- Hanaa Khamis, Egypt. Please contact me via My Talk page.
- Violeta Cautin, My blog, Iquique, Chile.
- Sue Dark, Flexible Learning Network Ltd, Wellington, NZ.
- Dennis S. Doe, oneVillage Foundation, Ghana. (See Record of promotions.)
- Nellie (Muller) Deutsch(See Record of promotions.)
- Natascia Edera, Formanova Training Lab, Italy
- Randy Fisher, iCentro Networks, Canada.
- Steve Foerster, Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia, U.S. (See Record of promotions.)
- Christine Geith, Michigan State University, MSU Global, USA
- Alexander Hayes - Sydney, Australia
- Lystra Sampson-Ovid, National Open School of Trinidad and Tobago, Ministry of Education
- Stephen Heart - Sydney, Australia.
- Wolf Hilzensauer, Salzburg Research, Salzburg, Austria
- Sanjay Jasola, Wawasan Open University, Penang, Malaysia
- Pankaj Khare, International Division, IGNOU, New Delhi
- Wayne Mackintosh, OER Foundation, New Zealand. (See Record of promotions.)
- Declan McCabe, Saint Michael's College, Vermont, USA.
- Victor Paa Kwesi Mensah, Commonwealth Youth Programme, Africa Centre, Lusaka, Zambia. (See Record of Promotions.)
- Sanjaya Mishra, STRIDE, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Raji NR, India
- Kennedy Onyango, CISSO, Kenya.
- Günther Osswald, Gisela-Gymnasium, Munich, Germany (See Record of promotions.)
- Anil Prasad, India : Please communicate via My user Talk Page
- Dr.Ramakrishnan, India: Please communicate via My User Talk Page
- Minhaaj ur Rehman, Lahore, Pakistan (See Record of Promotions)
- Sandra Schaffert, Salzburg Research, Salzburg, Austria (See Record of promotions.)
- Patricia Schlicht, Commonwealth of Learning, Canada (See Record of promotions.)
- Vivek Sharma, India, India: Please communicate via my tal page
- Jim Tittsler, Open Education Resource Foundation, Te Anau, New Zealand (See Record of promotions.)
- Kim Tucker, Meraka Institute, South Africa. (See Record of promotions.)
- Jibril TOUZI, University Agency of french speacking, Tranings officer, Bujumbura, Burundi
- Werner Westermann, Educalibre, Santiago, Chile.
- M.U.Paily, Regional Institute of Education(NCERT), Bhopal.
- Savithri Singh University of Delhi, New Delhi,India.
- Muhammad AhsanUllah Bahawalpur, Pakistan
- Vincent Kizza Kampala, Uganda
- Gita_Mathur University of Delhi, New Delhi,India.
- Paula Port of Spain, Trinidad
- Malisa Richards Kuru Kuru Co-operative College - Georgetown, Guyana
- Graham Hughes Learning Technologies Advisor, Sydney, Australia.
- Nadia El Borai Atsugi, Japan.
- Gladys Gahona Cancun, Mexico My personal blog
- Anubha Das, Zakir Husain College, Univ. of Delhi.
- Nedal Shatat, Emad Al-Dean Zenky High Shcool, Jordan.
- M. A. Halim, Khulna. Bangladesh
- Benjamin Stewart, EFL teacher educator/researcher, at the Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico. (See Record of promotions.)
- Subol Ghosh, Khulna. Bangladesh
- Felix Kayode Olakulehin,Regional Training and Research Institute for ODL, National Open University of Nigeria
- Babatunde Ipaye,Directorate of Learner Support Services, National Open University of Nigeria
- Jim R C Baker, Seattle, Washington, USA
- Sanjay Kumar Pandagale, Assist. Professor, Regional Institute of Education, Bhopal, India
- Sebastian Panakal, Master Trainer, eSchool Kerala, Kerala, India
- Darsana Joseph,ebalajanasakhyam,Nirmala Higher Secondary School,Aluva, Kerala,India.
- AFriedman, New York, USA.
- Jessica Goldsmith,France
- Hadleigh Benson, New Zealand, Educational Information Technology Forum of New Zealand
- Yksharma_yogi, India
- Cecilia Mercado, Philippines.
- David Ross
- Dr.K.S.Ramakrishnan, Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai, India.
- Luis Miguel Morillas, CPIFP Los Enlaces, Zaragoza, Spain.
- Simon-Peter Kafui Aheto, PEC School Ghana, Ghana.
- Pramodkumartk 09:15, 4 March 2012 (UTC) India.
- Jonas Backelin 14:12, 30 March 2012, Bulgaria, eduToolkit NGO. (See Record of promotions.)
- Vivek Rai Vivek Rai 11:18, 3 June 2012 (UTC).
- Amy Jo Garner, Oklahoma City, United States.
http://wikieducator.org/Ambassadors/Record_of_promotional-events Note: This initiative was inspired by Ambassadors for eXeLearning