|Blog:||Kylie Walters Blog|
I have taught in vocational education for most of my training days. I am retraining for the high school sector in IT. I just completed my first 4-week practicuum at a local high school and they didn't manage to break me! I am highly surprised at the lack of skills in this high school and from the stories I hear, this is not uncommon. I hope that learning new technologies might add a spark to the classes and encourage literacy skills and mostly make the classes a place where the students want to be.
I love using the computer, am totally a software kinda gal, and love learning new ways to intrigue people.
- Bachelor of IT
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TESOL Preparation
- Gradute Diploma of Education
- Graduate Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Certificate II in Auslan (Australian Sign Language)
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
I would love to train in the industrial arts sector of high school, as I had the experience to join in a few woodworking classes inbetween my computer classes - I did woodwork up until year 10 at school and loved being back there during this prac - and made some interesting projects!
I love learning new things and love training people and encouraging them to learn new things as well.
I am learning Auslan, which is Australian sign language for the Deaf and enjoy this very much.
You would sign my name, Kylie, like this:
I like craft and dancing and basically anything where I am creating something. I have a wonderfully supportive husband that goes along with most of my crazy ideas and loves me anyway.
(: Kylie, please click on the sandbox in the published mode and then on edit and practice what you learn for each of the days in the sandbox. The process will make My sandbox link active. Enjoy! --Nellie Deutsch 04:38, 7 June 2010 (UTC))
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Great start, Kylie. Keep it up. --Nellie Deutsch 05:21, 7 June 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Kylie! Looking forward to "seeing" your user page develop. Let me know how I can be of help. You will receive instructions from IT4ALL GE eL4C38 group and here on the wiki. --Nellie Deutsch 04:24, 7 June 2010 (UTC))
Welcome to eL4C38
- Hello and welcome to eL4C38, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the Daily Instructions for the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the workshop.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: