Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
- Update your feed, this blog is over
- — leighblackall 2010-12-01 04:06:04
- Stop this, start that
- I’ve started blogging over at http://leighblackall.blogspot.com and will stop blogging here soon. Hope you’ll follow me there, if not this is your chance to clear one more e...
- — leighblackall 2010-11-13 01:22:16
- Open Education and Research at the University of Canberra
- Audio visual recording of the talk given by James Neill and Leigh Blackall, for the University of Canberra, at the 2010 annual conference of Knowledge Commercialisation Australasia. Notes to suppor...
- — leighblackall 2010-11-11 23:55:12
- openuc – sam hinton interview
- Sam Hinton talks about open academic practices, as part of a series of interviews informing the OpenUC project.Sam works with the University of Canberra, in the Faculty of Media and Graphic Design....
- — leighblackall 2010-10-22 05:00:04
Steve Foerster - SteveFoerster.com
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2
- <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on"><div style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.80000...
- — email@example.com (Steven Parker) 2014-05-31 00:50:00
- Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation
- <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on"><div style="border: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 21px; margin-bottom...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Steven Parker) 2014-05-11 02:49:00
- My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education
- <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">In articulating my philosophy about e-learning and it’s future role in education it is first useful to loo...
- — email@example.com (Steven Parker) 2014-05-11 02:36:00
- Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses
- <em>Will Richardson posts on the <a href="http://weblogg-ed.com/2010/teachers-as-master-learners/"><strong>teacher as a master learner</strong></a>, insp...
- — firstname.lastname@example.org (Steven Parker) 2010-03-02 01:54:00
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
WikiEducator Teacher Collaboration Forum
- #ONL192 category import successful
- Well done! You imported a post and all categories of the Open Networked Learning course homepage. You can edit or delete this post, then start blogging by creating a new post! You might also want t...
- — Jonas 2019-09-05 20:47:59
- The Power of Storytelling
- As we introduce ‘hands on learning’ and Design thinking in education there is often a need to documnt what occur BEFORE, DURING and AFTER producing an representation. This can...
- — natbaserad 2017-02-18 19:05:09
- Using Scalable-Learning for Classroom Without Borders (#CWB116)
- During a workshop on flipped learning I got to try Scalable-Learning and started to create training material for Google Mobile Bootcamp: Stockholm. The couse is called: Classroom Without Borders (...
- — natbaserad 2016-10-25 13:27:47
- Open Networked Learning (#ONL162)
- We have started topic 1 “Connecting – online participation and digital literacies”, where we are learning about online learning spaces. This is the second ONL course offered by Karolinska...
- — natbaserad 2016-10-15 07:46:33
- Quiz Cloze
- The <a href="https://wikieducator.org/Widget:Quiz_Cloze" title="Widget:Quiz Cloze">Widget:Quiz Cloze</a> (and therefor the <a href="https://wikieduca...
- — Jim Tittsler 2016-02-19 04:31:00
- <a href="https://wikieducator.org/Widget:DisplayTable" title="Widget:DisplayTable">Widget:Display Table</a> uses AJAX to include a copy of a designated table fro...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-08-03 02:41:00
- OERf is Growing!
- It is exciting to announce that <a href="https://wikieducator.org/User:Davelane" title="User:Davelane" userpage-link="true">Dave Lane</a> is joining th...
- — Jim Tittsler 2015-06-12 02:41:00
- WikiEducator Goes Green
- <div class="floatleft"><a href="https://wikieducator.org/File:Https_wikieducator.png" class="image" title="WikiEducator with the secure https padlock...
- — Jim Tittsler 2014-09-20 06:16:00
Building Blogs of Science
- Digital skills and scholarship for researchers 5 – getting funded
- Almost a year had past since that first conversation between Kaitlin Thaney, Nick Jones, Cameron McLean and myself where we asked: ‘what would Software Carpentry look like if it was delivered as...
- — kubke 2016-09-19 23:15:39
- Digital skills and scholarship for researchers 4: the 3×3 table explained
- When Billy Meinke and I sat to work on planning our sprint session for MozFest, he suggested that the activities of science could be grouped into 3 objects (text, code, data) and 3 actions (create,...
- — kubke 2016-09-17 02:19:57
- Digital skills and scholarship for researchers 3: New Zealand workshops
- Mozfest had given the project a good kick and start. Working with Billiy Meinke helped me reframe my way of thinking, and I was impatient to find out what the session would look like with a room fu...
- — kubke 2016-09-12 01:32:26
- Digital skills and scholarship for researchers 2: MozFest
- MozFest 2014 was worth every minute of suffering from jet lag and trying to recover a lost suitcase containing the only change of clothes I had. I met Billy Meinke for a beer the night I arrived. W...
- — kubke 2016-09-09 07:53:40
- Science lessons from 8 year old children
- Ed Yong in Not Exactly Rocket science alerted me to an article published in Biological Letters Biology Letters from the Royal Society. I will not discuss the content of the article, Ed Yong has (as...
- — kubke 2010-12-22 10:58:57
- Reflection on my first year as a student
- Well, not really my first year. I started school at the age of 2 and got my PhD at the age of 32, but I hadn’t been a student since (except for a course I took as a post-doc). But this ye...
- — kubke 2010-12-19 00:15:24
- Can negative stereotypes in learning be overcome?
- This is a short one. I just came across this post by Ed Yong in his blog ‘Not Exactly Rocket Science’ over at the Discover site. Ed is a great writer (one of my favourite scienc...
- — kubke 2010-11-26 11:13:58
- Redesigning my course
- As a final assignment for my paper in the Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, we were asked to write a 3,000 word essay on a course or teaching module redesign. I knew this assignment wo...
- — kubke 2010-11-18 10:34:05
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)