Things to do
- Create more general use templates like these and document how to use them in the Wikieducator tutorial
- Identify content pages requiring images by using the Image needed template
- Reduce the number of pages in the Needs Categorisation category.
- Help us find free content images on the Pages needing images list.
- Apply to work on a Bounty.
- Provide feedback on our draft Governance Policy by posting on the talk page.
- Help us design and restructure access to WikiEducator content on the Ideas4Content Page
- Visit our Wishlist page for a growing list of community needs.
- Develop new design templates that standardize the input of newly designed materials to a certain point, giving it a unique WikiEducator look. These templates allow for add-ons to support the developer's uniqueness, so leave some room for individuality.
- Develop a style guide for WikiEducator similar to that of Wikipedia.
- Establish a editorial board for Wikieducator (or will this be part of the WE Council's duties).
- Establish a rotating and/or changing Pool of Quality Reviewers (instructional designer pool), who would assure the quality of uploaded materials and that its set standards are met.
- Develop a software that allows photos in the Wiki to be resized directly in the Wiki.
- Develop additional pedagogical templates as the scope is limited.
- Create a navigation tool that allows to navigate from one page to the next without using the "back" or "Forward" button.
- Browse around WikiEducator and learn what this wiki is about, and how it can benefit you and how you can use it and contribute to it so as to help benefit others.
- Welcome to online sharing
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- Wanna help improve digital literacies for learning online?
- Hi Everyone, Wanna help improve digital literacies for learning online? Just one week left to join our free #OER course. Starts 7 August - all learners welcome. Please share the gift of knowledge....
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2019-07-31 00:35:47
- Learning in a digital age micro-courses also available for independent study
- Hi Victor, In response to your earlier question, I should also add that the Learning in a Digital Age micro-courses are also available for independent study, which means learners can start at any t...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2019-07-24 21:23:54
- Free micro courses: Digital literacies for academic purposes (starts 7 August 2019)
- Hi everyone, Commencing on 7 August 2019 (together with the national Centre for Open Education Practice in New Zealand) we are offering a series of free online courses to support the development of...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2019-07-23 02:55:18
- Free course on OER and Creative Commons starts this week
- Hi Everyone, Wanna learn about OER and Creative Commons? A new cohort offering of our free course, *Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world* starts this week. If you're...
- — Wayne Mackintosh 2019-06-11 09:39:54
- New Member! Happy to be here!
- I wanted to say hello to the community and thank you for including me! I am looking forward to working with you to create a robust OER community. If anyone needs anything from me, please feel free...
- — Chevin Stone 2019-05-16 17:43:39
- WordPress and the OERu
- Hello everyone, A few year's back I helped develop some WordPress code for the OERu. This code lives on to this day as part of the courses that OERu runs, such as https://course.oeru.org/li...
- — Pat Lockley (Pgogy) 2019-03-04 14:47:36
- Skill Development Ecosystem live (flash) chat on the WikiEducator channet at IRC
- Hello friends, Now I am available on the WikiEducator chat channel at IRC for a live chat on Skill Development Ecosystem. Testing a flash chat instance :) If you have time let us meet at http:/...
- — Anil 2019-03-03 05:55:02
- Delay on New WikiEducator Accounts?
- Does anyone know whether there is a human approval component to new accounts being established on WikiEducator, and if so who those humans are? A colleague has tried to create an account, has confi...
- — Steve Foerster 2019-02-23 21:11:44
There is also an email list for discussion on scholarly research of open educational resources. Please join us here.
WikiEducators w/ Blogs
Leigh Blackall - Learn Online
Failed to load RSS feed from http://learnonline.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Steve Foerster - SteveFoerster.com
Steven Parker - Network Learning
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-1336261393483642012 What I have learned about MOOC design from participating in eLearning Experiences 2]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-31 00:50:16
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4797089207116760687 Technology Isn’t the Only Source of Innovation]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2014-05-11 02:50:27
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-2637321823697329413 My personal philosophy on e-learning and it’s role in the future of education]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://email@example.com 2014-05-11 02:36:38
- [tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-13080964.post-4070502162259164733 Master Learners, Learner Centered Design and Master Courses]
- — Steven Parkerhttp://firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-02 22:50:20
Nellie Deutsch - Free Online Learning
Phil Bartle - Phil's Rants
(Thoughts about WikiEducator and its implications.
Benjamin Stewart - Teachers for Interactive Language Learning
Failed to load RSS feed from http://benjaminleestewart.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Patricia Schlicht - Teacher Collaboration
Failed to load RSS feed from http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator-teacher-collaboration-forum/feed/rss_v2_0_msgs.xml/rss_v2_0_topics.xml: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 404 Not Found
Failed to load RSS feed from http://edutoolkit.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://wikieducator.org/index.php?title=User:JimTittsler/Blog&action=feed&feed=rss: Error fetching URL: Failed to connect to wikieducator.org port 80: Connection refused
Building Blogs of Science
Failed to load RSS feed from http://buildingblogsofscience.wordpress.com/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Failed to load RSS feed from http://talkingteaching.wordpress.com/author/kubke/feed/: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
Del.icio.us tag: wikieducator (http://delicious.com/tag/wikieducator)
Failed to load RSS feed from http://feeds.delicious.com/v2/rss/tag/wikieducator: Error fetching URL: Could not resolve host: feeds.delicious.com
Active WikiEducator Projects
Projects on WikiEducator
If you know of any Projects that are not listed here, please add them.
Work with other WikiEducators - Help wanted.
List of Projects by Country
All Countries Page
There are two new templates for creating navigation boxes for WikiEducator content: Template:TopicsWithSubpages is for more complex hierarchical content, and for simpler content, see: Template:ProjectNav. Please make comments or suggestions on the Discussion pages. brent 08:57, 8 January 2008 (CET)
New and Refurbished Templates
We are doing some work on existing templates and creating some new ones here in T&T. Check out Template:CA , Template:FA , Template:Commons , Template:Image needed , Template:Content_infobox and Template:Feedback (this is now also embedded in Pedagogical Templates as a parameter]] ); and Template:WIP has a new look. Note that some of these are still in development.
--Phsi 21:32, 14 June 2007 (CEST)
Note to Template creators
Please try to include some usage instructions under your template using the "noinclude" tags, or in the Templates talk page and add to the Templates or Tools category. Cheers. brent 00:00, 27 May 2007 (CEST)
We've started an initiative to welcome new members to our community called Wikineighbours. --Mackiwg 04:30, 30 May 2007 (CEST)