|Staff facilities | General | What to do in a fire or Earthquake | Care of sick or injured students | Crisis Proceedure
|Detentions | Uniform | Attendance | Smoking | Referral process | Serious student offending | Assessment in senior school
|Guidance | Discipline | Code of behaviour
|Duty | Minibuses | Use of facilities | Misc | EOTC | Appraisal
ZERO TOLERANCE to the wearing of non-uniform items.
- Staff and students know the uniform code (Staff Handbook / Student Plan Book)
- Parents and students are reminded of the agreement they both signed on enrolment to “obey the conduct uniform codes…”
- System to be used consistently.
Students accepted at Papanui High School must agree to wear correct uniform to, from and at school and on all official school occasions. School uniform is to be worn in a manner which reflects positively on the school. Papanui High School operates a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. No variations to the uniform code are acceptable. Caregivers are advised to discuss any concerns with the Deputy Principal responsible for uniform prior to the purchase of any item. Responsibility for the interpretation of regulations lies with the Deputy Principal.
Kilt in the regulation Black Watch tartan
- Fabric: pure wool worsted cloth to avoid pelting
- Pleats: should be stitched down at least 10cm
- Length: below knee to mid calf (no longer than 10cm form the ground)
Regulation dark navy trousers
Regulations white long sleeved school blouse or white skivvy
Navy or black tights or knee-highs or white ankle socks
Either: The regulation skirt, culottes in the light-weight tartan fabric Or Navy regulation shorts
open necked short sleeved shirt or polo shirt.
Navy or black knee highs or white or black ankle socks
Navy regulation trousers for all boys (years 9-12). No grey or black trousers to be worn.
White business style shirt or white skivvy.
Grey or natural socks
Navy regulation shorts for all boys (year9-12)
White polo open necked short sleeved shirt.
Regulation natural walk or black or navy ankle socks
Winter uniform may be worn on any cold day, similarly summer uniform on warm days.
Plain black leather shoes NO white logos. Only black laces. NOT fashion shoes.
Sandals – toes covered for safety
Regulation V-necked - bottle green - Years 9 and 10
- bottle green or navy -Years 11 and 12
Plain Navy Polar Fleece
School navy shower/water-proof jacket
Dark green blazer with monogram
Students may wear:- unobtrusive studs/sleepers in ears.
- one unobtrusive culturally / personally significant necklace/ring/bangle.
Body piercing is discouraged for safety reasons but, if worn only studs are acceptable. Note that the rule of one unobtrusive piece of jewellery still applies.
- Sunhats – these are optional. Only plain navy or white ‘Aussie Drill Hat’ may be worn
- Headscarves – may be worn for cultural reasons. Only plain navy or bottle green may be worn.
- No beanies are acceptable.
- Scarves – regulation green/gold, plain navy or Black Watch tartan
WET WEATHER GEAR – YELLOW, NAVY OR GREEN ‘SLICKERS’
YEARS 9- 11 : compulsory navy/white PE uniform
YEAR 12 STUDENTS - tidy mufti. Tracksuits are permitted in cold weather. Shoes worn in the gymnasia must have non marking soles.
YEAR 13 STUDENTS AND ABOVE
These students may wear tidy mufti.
- Extreme hairstyles (eg shaved mohawks) and extreme colouring are unacceptable
- Boys are to be clean shaven
- Visible undergarments such as tshirts and polyprops can only be white