To survive a tsunami you will need to have a household emergency plan that will help you and your family plan for what to do when a disaster strikes. In your emergency plan, you will need to work out:
- How and where you will meet up during and after the tsunami.
- Where each person's Getaway Kit will be so they can take it with them.
- The best place to store Emergency Survival Items. Make sure everyone knows where these items are, and who is responsible for checking essential items.
- How to turn off the water, gas and electricity in your home or business.
- How to contact your local civil defence organisation for assistance during an emergency.