Supporting the OLPC programme
Teacher support groups
- Teachers should meet weekly to reflect on progress and share ideas. If possible, minutes should be shared with the stakeholders via the email group or as a Blog entry on the Ning.
- Teachers in others chools, including Funafuti, can also provide support by developing ideas and resources.
Community/School OLPC Clubs
Older students (including secondary students and school leavers) can collaborate with the host school to form a club. Enthusiasts and ICT literate volunteers from the community can also join. The club could be part of the TVET college or another organisation, or coordinated by teachers from the secondary school (Kapuaua).
Resource Materials and Documents
Regional assistance from OLPC TWG
- Child Online Protection programme, coordinated through SPC
- Recycling, coordinated via SPC
- TA and/or expert volunteers needed
- Deployment with on-island level 2 teacher training
- Level 3 teacher training input after a few months
- Follow up workshops
- Opportunities for OLPC team to attend capacity building events and regional forums/exchanges
- create a new post for ICT4E officer
- look for possibilities of having a dedicated project officer on the island