The aims of this review meeting are:
- To report on the status of local certification of the CCNC at local institutions
- To discuss the implications of recent developments with UNESCO pertaining to the CCNC
- To review progress of the content and to identify areas of improvement potential
- To specify requirements for multimedia development for the CCNC Modules
- To design an assessment strategy for the CCNC
- To specify the requirements for student support materials
- To agree a schedule for final completion.
Review notes and comments
This is a flexible agenda which will be adapted and modified the wiki way according to needs of the review team.
Wednesday - 27 June 2007
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Welcome and introductions
- 9:30 - 10:30 - Meeting with Sir John Daniel
- 10:45 - 11:00 - Update on developments with UNESCO - Discussing the implications
- 11:00 - 12:00 - Report on certification at local institutions
- To note - Developments from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and the CCNC. (Level 1 - 4, National Certificate Level). See SAQA Unit Standards.
- To note - The NZQA unit standards for the ICDL. In NZ this is 19 credits at Level 2 (i.e. 190 Notional Learning Hours).
- 12:00 - 12:30 - Recap and reflection on the pedagogical template (Sue Dark)
- 13:30 - 15:00 Status report on content development (10 minutes for each Module)
- Module 1 - Concepts of IT: Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
- Module 2 - Using the computer and managing files: Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
- Module 3 - Word processing - to be Reassigned with UNESCO funding support
- Module 4 - Spreadsheets: UWIDEC, Jamaica
- Module 5 - Database: Peter Rawsthorne, independent consultant, Canada
- Module 6 - Presentation: University of the Western Cape, South Africa
- Module 7 - Information and communication: World Campus, Pennsylvania State University
- 15:30 - 16:00 - WikiEducator Review tools
- 16:00 - 17:00 - Discussion on refinements to agenda and the most productive way forward
Thursday - 28 June 2007
- Assessment strategy
- Review and feedback process. Method to be decided on Day 1.
Friday - 29 June 2007
To do list
- Pankaj & Wayne (others) to work on a concept paper exploring assessment models.
- Course Page work (Sue to start to identify Course Page needs)
- Learner support information can be linked from here
- Developers information, e.g. multimedia guidelines, references to good practice etc.
- Next steps
Marketing plan for CCNC for information on knowledge dissemination on the CCNC to educational institutions.