|Languages:||English and Spanish|
|First Partial||Unit 1 | Performance Task Suggestions | First Partial Reflection|
|Second Partial||Unit 2 | Performance Task Suggestions | Second Partial Reflection|
|Third Partial||Unit 3 | Performance Task Suggestions | Third Partial Reflection|
My name is Monica Marquez. I consider myself to be innovative because I always try to reinvent what I do. For the past 3 years, I have seen other types of professions. I have been exploring different ways to incorporate my profession with what I do. At this moment, I administer online English courses so students can learn and practice the English Language with a CALL platform. I really consider this to be an effective way of learning and teaching English as a Second Language. With dedication from the student as well as the teacher, people can learn in a blended way and have positive results.
Hello. My name is Monica Marquez. I had worked as an English teacher for eleven years. I worked at the University of Aguascalientes. I also worked at the UVM (Universidad del Valle de Mexico)campus Aguascalientes, Mexico. I had been teaching students on a BA level as well as MA level. At this moment I administer a platform online where students from different schools use this to learn English as a Second Language.
I studied at the University of Aguascalientes and received my BA in 2003. I also took a TKT course on Module 1.
I am interested in learning how to create and use a wiki for my classes so I can tell my colleagues about it and then help them use it as a tool for language teaching. I would also like to know how to incorporate this WikiEducator with the platform I am using currently.
I have taken Using Social Media for Marketing, and I have also taken English Composition in order to teach this subject online.
I like watching TV, listening to pop music as well as rock. I like reading novels and fictional books. I am always interested in learning new things, especially when it comes to teaching in different forms.
My wiki projects
My Goals for August-December 2010
My goals for this semester are to learn how to use the internet as a tool for communicative classes.
To accomplish these goals, I will do the following:
As an EFL educator, my greatest challenges are to make students practice the language with their classmates as well as others in real situations.
To overcome these challenges, I will make students practice speaking and writing skills through performance tasks.
My uploaded files
My optional community service (learning contract) project
Evaluating Progress Through Performance Tasks
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| I would like to show the achievement and/or progress of students from English level 1 by presenting their performance tasks on my wikieducator.|
| Target date for completion
|| I think the date could be by December 15th.|
||--Monica R 14:57, 26 July 2010 (UTC)|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Monica, your user page looks great! Having you given any thought as to an OER that might utilized one of the templates you have here? Or have you considered a template for your own user page? Would like to hear your thoughts. --Benjamin Stewart 13:30, 2 October 2010 (UTC)
- Your project looks very interesting, Monica. I look forward to seeing future contributions! --Benjamin Stewart 02:14, 25 August 2010 (UTC)
- Dear Monica , Can you share with us your experiences on what was most beneficial to you on learning wiki skills? --R C Sharma, PhD 14:37, 3 August 2010 (UTC)
I think what is most beneficial is the way we can share information and how to upload images that can explain what we are refering to. If we have a definition, we can also upload an image to make it clear. I also think it is beneficial since we can make others aware of this very useful tool for many purposes. I am going to use it for evaluating my students' progress as well as to share this information with other colleagues.--Monica R 04:12, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
(: Hello Monica, it's great to see you here in the workshop! Your skills and knowledge you obtain in this workshop will serve you well in August, since we will have a face-to-face workshop similar to this one for the teachers of Fomento. I encourage you to visit the requirements of becoming a WikiApprentice 1 and WikiApprentice 2, as we are all here to help you achieve these goals. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 01:28, 23 July 2010 (UTC))
(: Are there any others in your UVM class who are taking this workshop? --Benjamin Stewart 01:33, 23 July 2010 (UTC))
(: What a great idea for a project, Monica! This is surely something we can build on in Fomento. Good for you! --Benjamin Stewart 02:42, 27 July 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi, Warm greetings! -- Anil Prasad 15:54, 27 July 2010 (UTC))
- Monica, be thinking about a PFLE page in WE! I think we can do some great things with it! --Benjamin Stewart 18:01, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Monica! Why not sign the PFLE page under the Discussion section! --Benjamin Stewart 16:45, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Great picture, Monica! Washington state has to be one of the prettiest states in the US. I see you are working on your sandbox, good for you! Why not move your sandbox to a subpage. All you have to do is add /Sandbox after your user page URL. Then just copy your sandbox from your userpage and paste it to the subpage. This allows you to experiment in your sandbox without cluttering up your user page. If you have questions, let me know.--Benjamin Stewart 04:16, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Here is what your sandbox URL would look like: http://wikieducator.org/User:Marquezroxio/Sandbox --Benjamin Stewart 04:17, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry, one more thing. You know that you can add your picture to your Infobox, right? Just a suggestion. --Benjamin Stewart 04:18, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Monica!! Your project using this site is excellent!! See you around!--Gisela Suarez 20:01, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
English 1 Lesson Plans