|| My question to me |
What would have been the destiny of human beings if the people discovered/identified/popularized the use of Fire and Wheel had taken Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) for that?
- My name is Anil Prasad. I'm from Kerala, India.
- I strongly believe that Online Open Distance Learning is the real promise for the future of Higher Education. I also understand the need for networking Educators all over the world for the success of this great Teaching and Learning Freedom Movement.
- I find time to this voluntary social service, by the creative use of my holidays and out of office hours.
- For sustained inspiration I keep on asking me the question "What would have been the destiny of human beings if the people discovered/identified/popularized the use of Fire and Wheel had taken IPR for that?" <smile>
- I am also a Wikipedian since July 2007.
NEW - Audio Message on the Open Education Week celebrations 2015
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iMucRQP4CHQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
NEW - WikiBuddy certification guidance week 23-04-2012 to 29-04-2012
My Association with Wiki Educator
- My landing on WE was accidental while searching a good governance related topic on Wikipedia in September 2007. Then the search page listed a link to www.wikieducator.org. The name of the URL (wikieducator) itself attracted me and I followed the link to land on this fascinating world of online ODL. From WE I also learned about Commonwealth of Learning (COL) and visited COL website. Seeing the great ideologies, principles and strategies that lead COL and WE (that are the need of time and people), I decided to associate with WE by creating a log in for me.
- After some experimentation on my user page with the help of WE online tutorial, I understood that one of the important initial milestones for WE project is to start country nodes on WE for each participating county. So I set up a page for India on WE on 26/09/2007, the very next day on which I had created my user page (that was on 25/09/2007).
- Subsequently, I have participated in the M&E Workshop conducted by the CEMCA (Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia) in New Delhi from 30/11/2007 to 02/12/2007.
- Assisted the Indian WE Community and CEMCA in scheduling and conducting the inauguration function of the India Chapter of WikiEducator in New Delhi on 15/11/2008.
- From 15/11/2008 onwards I am also a member of the Interim Advisory Board for WikiEducator India Chapter.
- Workshop on Effective Quality Undertaking and Improvement Process (EQUIP)held at National Institute of Public Administration (INTAN), INTAN Main Campus, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 23/05/2005 to 28/05/2005.
- National Level E-Governance Standards Workshop” conducted by National Informatics Centre (in connection with National eGovernance Plan of Government of India) at MASCOT Hotel, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala from 15th and 16th May 2006 - Presented a white paper on Documentation Standards in eGovernance.
- Workshop on collaborative content development for the University Partners of L3 Farmers Project, Sri Lanka from 31/03/2008 to 03/04/2008 in association with Sri Lanka Association of Distance Educators.
- L4C Workshop In India at Madurai, from 16/05/2008 to 18/05/2008.
- eConfernce on Agricultural Learning Repositories – 2008 (AgLR 2008)conducted by Agricultural Learning Repositories Task Force AgLR-TF from April 24 to June 15, 2008 and assisted to prepare a summary report of the Phase-6 of the conference on "Promotion and Use of Agricultural Learning Repositories"-moderated by Dr. Krishna Alluri and Dr. Wayne Mackintosh. Summary Report of the entire conference is available from here...
- Half Day WikiEducator workshop conducted at the Fifth Pan-Commonwealth Forum for Distance Learning (PCF5) at University of London, U.K (hosted by Commonwealth of Learning and Co-hosted by University of London)(PCF5 was held from 13/07/2008 to 18/07/2008).
- L4C Workshop conducted at Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of New Delhi, India on 3,4 and 6 October, 2008.
- Think tank meeting on Knowledge Info-mediaries in livelihood education conducted by COL at ICRISAT, Hyderabad, India on 22 and 23 September 2008.
- Second International Conference on Freedom in Computing, Development and Culture with the theme Free Software, Free Society held at Mascot Hotel Convention Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India from 09/12/2008 to 11/12/2008.
- Online support for the F2F L4C34 Workshop called WikiEducator-Gargi 2009 conducted by Dr. Gita Mathur at Gargi College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India, on 12,13 and 15 January, 2009.
- L4C 60 and Collaborative OER Development Workshop conducted in Khulna, Bangladesh from 25/05/2009 to 30/05/2009 in association with RUPANTAR
- WikiEducator Workshop at Tamil Nadu Open University, Chennai, India on 30/07/2010 and 31/07/2010.
- WikiBuddy Certification Guidance Week from 23/04/2012 to 29/04/2012
- Collaborative works in respect of establishing WikiEducator Open Learning Academy (WOLA)
- eL4C 53 from June 6, 2012 to June 15, 2012
- Training Programme for Master Trainers of Kendriya Vidyalaya on E-content Development and E-learning from 19 to 23 August 2013, Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Mysore
- Online meeting to suggest UNESCO’s TVET strategy for 2016-2021 conducted from 28 Sept to Oct 3, 2015
- National consultation on Examining good practices and case studies on OER-based learning jointly organized by CEMCA, UNESCO and JNU at JNU Convention Centre, New Delhi on 1st and 2nd December 2015.
Cover page of 3rd volume in the open fiction series 'IMANOFUTU'
AN OPEN FICTION (CC-BY-SA) SERIES - IMANOFUTU
- IMANOFUTU (Acronym for Imaginary Nation of the Future) - A CC-BY-SA Open Fiction. Three volumes have been published so far. The second volume with the volume title The Eventful Start of Sugirl's Presidency was released on December 25, 2014. The third volume with the title 'The first alien home on Earth' was published on April 25, 2015. Free digital copy available at http://www.imanofutu.blogspot.in The free digital copy is also available through Google play and Google Books. The third volume can also be read and discussed at the wikia wiki website at http://imanofutu.wikia.com/wiki/Imanofutu;_The_fist_alien_home_on_Earth
Details of all open books
- The Netizens, Short Stories (English), 2012, ISBN 1477682600
- The Quake and Other stories, Short Stories (English), 2012, ISBN 1478376872
- Bhukambavum mattu kathakalum, Short Stories (Malayalam), 2012, ISBN 1479268763
- Athirukalillathe Arivinte Lokam, Educational (Malayalam), 2013, ISBN 1483940578
- Imanofutu, A 21 cy portrait (Volume 1), Fiction (English), 2013, ISBN: 1478341866
- Cardinal Rules for a calm and pleasant life, Philosophic (English), 2014, ISBN: 1500556254
- Imanofutu Vol.2 : The Eventful Start of Sugirl's Presidency, Fiction (English), 2014, ISBN: 1505514444
- Imanofutu Vol.3 : The first alien home on Earth, Fiction (English), 2015, ISBN: 1511583053
- Neither she nor he; it's me, Fiction (English), 2015 ISBN : 1516994388
Free digital copies of all the books are available at Google Books.
Community Photo Album
Links to some resources available online
WE Pages where I spend more time
- WikiEducator Open Learning Academy (WOLA)
- Qualification Framework
- Free content for Post Graduate Programme in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Commonwealth Computer Navigator's Certificate Course project
- Image Categorization Project
I also contribute to
Other online pages
Hey! Thanks a lot for certifying me with a Wiki Apprentice Level 1.And thanks a lot for the encouraging comments you left on my page. However, I am having some stubborn problems regarding uploading pictures. Can you please help me with that? Tripti.
Hi Anil,I am Savitha Harish, a WIKI newbie...really inspiring ..seeing the immitatable work you are doing on WE.I am from Cochin.Happy to associate with you. Hi Anil I do remember writing to you earlier when I was not [[Image:]]a regular WE participant under different email id. Your suggestions and guidance is indeed valuable and as a true educator you know how to encourage rookies. Thanks it was my day one effort. I still do not know how to add links?
Hi, I am Shijna .Thank you for certifying me as Wiki Apprentice Level 1 . --Shijna 04:14, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Anil, nice to meet you.Best regards --Suresh Babu 04:41, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi,This is Satarupa.Thanks for certifying me wiki Apprentice Level 2. I've gone through your user page throughly & became immensely interested in contributing in the India chapter of WikiEducator. I stay in Kolkata.Could you guide me how could i become a help to this community.Though i'm a newbie & the learning process is both cool & fun. Thanks.
- Hi Satarupa, warm welcome to WikiEducator community in India as well. If your prefer, you can add your name in the WE Ambassadors list on India page. And feel free to alert me for learning help.
(: Hi Anil, Greetings to you also - its nice of you to visit my user page -Mverhaart 09:19, 28 July 2010 (UTC))
Anil Prasad 06:05, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Anil, thanks for stopping by! I answered you at my user pageTallong 10:13, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Anil. Thanks for your greeting on my page. --RobynT 02:27, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Anil! I love the way you start your page! Can you imagine somebody had copyrighted pottery making? Coming from a poor country I appreciate th importance of collaboration and generational work. The wiki concept is nurtured in this ancient wisdom. Thanks for your nice comments in my page and I hope to visit some day your lovely country. A friend of min from Iceland, an artist, told me that at Oaxaca (my city), she felt as in India! That was a nice compliment. Have a nice day my friend! Álvaro --Zapoteco 23:47, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi Anil!Nice to have a look at your user page again!I am a teacher working in Kerala and I would like very much to go ahead with wikieducator.Would be grateful to you if you could suggest me ideas to stay in touch with OER and other collaborative projects that I can think of joining inUser:Khrachss--Abdul 02:56, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Hi Anil,Thank you very much for your encouraging words.Khrachss 17:46, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi Anil! I'm Balqis,a newbie ,from India .Thank you for visiting my page and encouraging me with your warm welcome .I hope to share and collaborate with this wonderful group of eminent educators from all around the world Balqis}
- Hi Anil. Thank you for your kind comments on my user page. I'm very happy with this ooportunity of learning and sharing educational experiences. Best wishes. --Alejacha 20:31, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi Anil! Thanks a lot for your motivation and inspiration. I am looking forward to becoming a WikiEducator guru like you. Emmanuel Nalumenya 14:30, 26th September, 2011. (UTC)
Hello Prasad,or should I just call you Anil????(My son's name)
I am rather intrigued about all that you have written above. Frankly speaking this is the second time I am on WE..It is fun and challenging,but kindly educate me as to how I can proceed to what you have written above???
regards, NIMS Mrs. Nirmala Parameswaran) 16:14, 26 September 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Nirmala ji, definitely, I always love to be called as Anil. Now about your query on how to involve - the basic thing is to add open content that can be used as OER and also to collaborate with others in developing free content. I am alsways happy to help you in this process. Warm regards Anil Prasad 12:00, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Anil,
- Thanks for responding to my comments..I sure would like some help from you regarding my user pages and the OER stuff. I am an amateur in this field and still floundering...OK I shall go to my user page and do similar stuff.
- NIMS Mrs. Nirmala Parameswaran) 06:02, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Hi Anil! Thanks a lot for your encouragement. It is well appreciated. Florence Uchendu 12:09, 2nd October, 2011. (UTC)
Hello Anil! Thanks you for the certification. I am excited about it. This has energized me to keep wiking. What does the certification mean? Florence Uchendu 10:52, 3nd October, 2011. (UTC)
- Hi Florence, WikiEducator has a peer-recognition system to certify the wikiskills of its community members. Please see http://wikieducator.org/WikiMaster#Community_certifiers Warm regards Anil Prasad 10:51, 4 October 2011 (UTC)
Dear Anil Prasad,
I'm a newbie to this WE.I was so happy to see some one like you on this platform who is a Keralite.Could you please visit my page and give me your valuable suggestions about improvement and achieving higher levels like wikibuddy.Though I'm already sharing knowlledge online for free I have some doubts on integrating the learning materials in to WE.Thanks in advance .Balqis Thaahaveettil
Dear Anil Prasad ,
Thank you for visiting my page and providing me the valuable guidelines .It is so nice to have such eminent educators as our supporters.I hope to attain higher levels of competencies and wish to achieve wikibuddy certificate in this workshop.With hope Thanks again .Balqis Thaahaveettil
Dear Anil, I would like to thank you for conducting this WikiBuddy Guidance week and guiding us to the higher levels of skill acquisition on WE.I'm glad to read my own note above.-Balqis Thaahaveettil 22:58, 22 April 2012 (UTC)
- Dear Balqis, thank you for your kind words! You are one of the very active members in our WE Community. Would you like to add your photo in the Infobox_personal on your user page? Warm regards Anil Prasad 01:43, 23 April 2012 (UTC)|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}|}