Files on this site are in two formats: Open Office and portable document. Open Office is an open source office software suite and can be downloaded for free at http://www.openoffice.org/. To read the portable document files, download Acrobat Reader (also free) at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
Sample Syllabi: There are two versions of the syllabus. One that can be used for a traditional or hybrid classes (pdf version or Open Office version) and one for online classes (pdf version or Open Office version)
Table of Contents
Unit 1: Anthropology & Culture
- What is cultural anthropology?
- What is the anthropological concept of culture ?
- How is the relationship between language and culture?
- How does culture impact Identity
- How do anthropologists Cultural Anthropology Methodology & study culture?
Unit 2: Social Institutions
- How do people produce their food and how is it distributed?
- How do anthropologists view kinship, family, and marriage?
- How do cultures govern themselves?
- How does culture impact how people approach illness and healing?
- How do belief systems manifest in cultures?
- What is Globalization, Modernization & globalization and what role does anthropology play?