From WikiEducator
Jump to: navigation, search

What to do if you want to appeal a grade

  1. Talk to your teacher. Your teacher will explain the criteria for each grade for an assessment when it is handed back to you. If you think that an assessment has been incorrectly marked, you can ask the teacher to reconsider.
  2. Your teacher should explain the result and make any alterations if necessary. If another teacher did the marking, that teacher will be consulted. They may decide to alter the grade at this point.
  3. If you are unhappy with the teacher's explanation, you may ask the Specialist Subject leader for a decision, using the Appeal form (also available at Reception). This must be done within three school days of the work being handed back.
  4. If you disagree with the Specialist Subject leader's decision, the principal's nominee, Louise Moore, will be asked to consider the case. The principal's nominee may consult with the Specialist Subject leader, Tutor teacher, counsellor or family.

The appeals form is available for download here.