1. Project Definition / Scope
- Describe the problem you are having/issues you want addressed.
- What do you believe the gap is / what do you want help with?
- How does this project tie into your organizational strategy -- as an organization, what do you want to achieve, and why?
- How does this project tie into your core functions?
- Who are your stakeholders? What is their timeline for change?
- What (approaches, factors, performance interventions have you tried that have worked/not worked ? Why/Why not?
- Who, and what, are possible areas of resistance to change or transition -- to a new system or way of operating?
- Have you decided how you will measure success? Is there openness to other success metrics?
1a. Process & Technical Issues
- How 'open' do you with this project to be? (i.e., communications, software, etc.).
- What is your preference for the following Options?
- an open, secure collaboration space (i.e., WikiEducator) -- no fees for installation, set-up, data storage and maintenance
- a closed, secure collaboration space (i.e., your own wiki) -- fees for installation, set-up, data storage and maintenance
2. Project Budget
- What is your budget?
- For Option 2, in Section 1a:
- Have you budgeted (or have access to) funding of this hardware/software support?
- What is your policy regarding advance payment, or payment terms (i.e., 25% upfront)
- Describe how do you do business – sole-source, proposal, competitive bidding
- When is your fiscal year end?
3. Project Contracting
- When do you want to start / finish the project? (are dates set or flexible)?
- Who has signing authority -- Are you the able to contract directly, or do you have to consult with someone else / a committee? Board of Directors / other?
- For Option 2 in Section 1a:
- Who are your IT contacts, and have you had conversations with them regarding signoffs and approvals (we can discuss this).
- What is the contract amount level (thresholds) that you have, before you have to get higher stage approval / additional signing authority?
- Who will be responsible for this project? Who will the contractor report to?
- Do you have Terms of Reference (TORs) and/or a job description available?