- Design and development of an online professional development workshop “Performance Management", for 3,000 uOttawa employees. Surveyed stakeholder groups to increase engagement and buy-in.
- Evaluation of CODL online course development, including ‘train-the-trainer’ and course evaluation.
- Conducted a baseline review of appropriate learning technologies (including BlackBoard), training costs, planning and maintenance.
- Conducted an operational review of the distance education functions and needs assessment of the Ontario Nurse Practitioner Program and Consortium (9 universities) Program. Activities included:
- evaluating value for money of the distance eduation / online learning components of the program;
- recommended $120K in net program savings
- recommending optimal use of distance education technologies and content/learning management system to to achieve optimal teaching/learning outcomes; and,
- recommending industry standards/best practices for the program’s distance education delivery components
Our services include
OER Activities & Partnering
We have a strong track record of OER Partnering & Success
We have volunteered thousands of hours of unpaid time -- numerous introductions and connections, strategic, marketing, communications, outreach and advocacy support to WikiEducator / OER Foundation and Wayne Mackintosh This also includes:
- coaching and supporting new and advanced users in all aspects of wiki skills, community-building, project development, etc. - to the point where my spousal partner coined the phrase "wiki-widow"
- delivering presentations - including CCCOER Quarterly Meeting; @ONE in California; MITE; Otago Polytechnic, SCoPE, and others.
iCentro's OER Partnering Activities include:
- Active State, Canada - secured donation of software for OER Foundation / Jim Tittsler (WE's software developer)
- Algonquin College - presented OER case to VP, Academic for cost-savings, content re-use and faculty professional development
- Algonquin College Corporate Training (ACCT) - Proposal submitted for the development of a business plan for virtual/online learning incorporating OERs, Ottawa, Canada
- BCcampus - strengthened relationship with OER Foundation and Community College Consortium for OERs, leading to membership in OERF and CCCOER
- BC Science Educator (Jim Hebden) - secured donation from highly-regarded retired educator Jim Hebden to post 50 Chemistry labs for Gr. 11 & 12 on WikiEducator. (This was the 2nd big donation to WE, after the 1st one of English and Math lessons from the College of the Rockies
- Campcaster, New Media Development Fund - strategic dialogue with Campcaster to partner with WE
- Career Development resources
- Carleton University(several departments) - strategic dialogues to develop OER materials and practices
- CollabOERate - Conceived CollabOERate name and co-developed R&D focus (with Wayne Mackintosh) for WE / OERF - http://wikieducator.org/OERF:CollabOERate
- Community College Consortium for Open Education Resources (CCCOER), Strengthened relationship with OERF
- Community Empowerment - secured agreement by Phil Bartle to bring his vibrant international community to WE
- Community Engagement - Launched CE node for OER capacity-building and repository for NGOs, community service organizations and not-for-profits.
- Community Media
- Community Journalism - OER Journalism contacts and materials
- Community Service Learning - recruited Valerie Taylor, DeAnza College, California to WE Community.
- Computers for Communities - Secured commitment for C4C to use WE as a site for communications and OER development
- Curriculum Services Canada - introductory meeting to explain OER value proposition
- Dell Computer - set-up/facilitated strategic partnership dialogue Dell Senior VP and OERF Director, Wayne Mackintosh
- DimDim (now acquired by SalesForce) - set-up/facilitated strategic partnership (C-level) with DimDim and OERF
- Fielding Graduate University
- Randy Fisher's Thesis for MA, Organization Management and Development, Fielding Graduate University, California. Thesis was written 'on the wiki', and entirely 'in the wiki': Primal Needs Gone Digital: Educators' Motivations in an Open Wiki Environment, 2009. (Data from this thesis was used by Michigan State University to apply for Hewlett funding).
- Global Intercultural Strategies - Coached leaders (Prof. Gary Fontaine and learner Howard Fox - and secured Team Handbooks on Culturally and Geographically Diverse Teams.
- Global Fund for Women, California - arranged in-person meeting for Wayne Mackintosh at San Francisco airport with GFFW's Founder, Stanford Professor and noted philanthropist.
- HP - set-up/facilitated strategic partnership dialogue with HP Executives (USA) and NZ country rep, and OERF Director, Wayne Mackintosh
- iCentro Learning - tools and resources for applied learning
- IBM - set-up/facilitated strategic partnership dialogue with Senior VP, with OERF Director, Wayne Mackintosh
- Intersol Group - developed strategic relationship; and ensured donation of 3% Honesty Contribution to OERF, as a direct result of paid consulting services with Monterey Institute for Technology and Education.
- Marketing Activities:
- Co-developed White Papers with Wayne Mackintosh - Pilot Projects, WikiPublishing, Open Philanthropy, CollabOERate and others. Conceived CollabOERate name and R&D focus for WikiEducator / OER Foundation.
- Conceived CollabOERate name, and many "OER" name derivatives (OERganization Development, dOER, SuppOERt, etc)
- Developed WE's tagline displayed on main page - "OER is a sustainable and renewable resource"
- Arranged for, and received donation of services for OER Foundation OERF logo development and branding from Ray Sharma, UK
- Conducted project management and communications work on MITE node on WE, for communications and OER development
- developed strategic relationship with MITE and OERF; set the stage for OER Director to be on MITE's international advisory board; and keynote speaker at MITE's National Repository of Online Courses (NROC) 2010 Annual Meeting, in Monterey, California
- Minneapolis Public Schools Online - exploratory dialogue for use of WE as a development platform for OERs and professional faculty development
- OER Glue - set-up/facilitated membership in OER Foundation
- Open Doors Group - Wrote Chapter (12) for Culture and Project Management, in text for Project Management Skills for Scientists and Engineers, submitted to Saylor Foundation
P - Z
- Professional Education Organization International (PEOI). Reached out to Founder John Petroff, and received permission for WikiEducator to use, remix and re-use any materials on PEOI site.
- 3-Os Consulting Group, UK - Developed model of OER community-building and action learning; developed proposal for Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), 2011 conference in Vienna, on "Online Participatory Action Learning", with Gurmit Singh, 3-Os.
- Thompson Rivers University and New Media Studies Research Centre - development of OER Journalism projects
- University of British Columbia - Community Service Learning- Developed UBC's Community Service Learning node on WE (with Danielle Blond), in support of expanding CSL activities at UBC Learning Exchange, a Canadian leader in Community Service Learning.
- University of Ottawa's Centre for Global and Community Engagement - Community Service Learning
- Warrington School, NZ - Reached out to, and coached Nathan Parker into developing a flagship OER node for other school principals to embrace Open Source, in NZ and around the world.
- WikiEducator Community Development - Facilitating cluster development for WikiResearcher.org; Quality4Learning; Community Journalism; Community Service Learning & Community Engagement space on WikiEducator.
- WikiEducator's 1st Chief Electoral Officer - Identified, qualified and recommended Dr. Nellie Muller Deutsch as WE's 1st Chief Electoral Officer (paid position)
- WikiEducator Community Council - Elected Member to the 1st Governing Council (Randy Fisher)
- Wikimedia Foundation - strategic advice and support to Erik Moeller
- Developed OER node for Organization Development, and providing materials for proposal development
- OER Journalism projects and node - to Thompson Rivers University. Also, numerous discussions with leaders in Journalism
- Proposals / Funding Proposals - wrote proposals directly on WE - so that they could be used by others in our community
- KRUU FM - Open Source Radio Pioneer, Volunteer Handbook, etc.