English Teacher Yrs 9 - 13 at at 4 high schools in New Zealand and one in Colorado.
Other roles held over the years:
- Assistant Head of Learning English
- Teacher in Charge of Library
- Asst to Principal's NZQA Nominee
- Whanau Leader
- Curriculm Co-ordinator
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Massey University
- Diploma of Teaching (Dip Tchg) - Christchurch College of Education
- Masters Degree in Education with Honours (MEd Hons) - Massey University
- Education of the/caring for the whole child
- Alternative measures of success ie beyond assessment results
- Reading acquisition
- Longer learning periods/alternative scheduling
- Social constructivism
- Experimenting with ICT as a tool for engagement:
I feel like I am winging it and have no idea where this is all going ...
(: Your progress is wonderful I can see you have the capacity to pick up wiki skills easily. warm wishes--Gita Mathur 06:29, 22 April 2010 (UTC))
- Hi Karyn winging it is all good - it is close to flying. I had no idea where Open education and WikiEducator would take me either but it has opened up a vast amount of knowledge, learning and a community that fits well with my philosophies in education. --NathanP 04:31, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
Feedback & Notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi Karyn, Welcome to the Wiki. I see you have uploaded your picture. Wow, you are a natural! Maybe you could move it into the infobox. Open the 'edit tab' and you'll see it. Good to have you with us. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 16:47, 20 April 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Karyn, you are picking up very fast. Now add your information to the Infobox. Best wishes--Gita Mathur 06:24, 22 April 2010 (UTC))
Hi Karyn! Great to know you! --Teromakotero 19:33, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
(: Hi, Nice to see you. Welcome and good wishes. --Vinodpr111 13:08, 27 April 2010 (UTC))
(: Hi Karyn, Great work so far. Keep going. if you put in some hyperlinks, I will be able to certify you one level up, to level 2. Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 21:36, 30 April 2010 (UTC))
Welcome to eL4C37
- Hello and welcome to eL4C37, a free online Learning4Content wiki skills workshop.
- You may wish to check the schedule of the workshop, introduce yourself, and check the list of participants.
- Whenever you have the time, click on each of the above links and/or start ahead of time with the Pre-Work and Day 1 activities.
- Enjoy the workshop :-)
- Your facilitators: