- 1 Objectives
- 2 Benefits to Teaching and Learning in New Zealand
- 3 Government Policy
- 4 Regional Opportunities
- 5 WikiEducator Patron for Aotearoa/New Zealand
- 6 Wiki Workshops
- 7 New Zealand Sources of OERs
- 8 Discussions
- 9 Resources
- 10 News
- 11 Events
- 12 New Zealand-based WikiEducators
- 13 Contacts
- 14 Templates
Benefits to Teaching and Learning in New Zealand
Report on 21st century learning environments and digital literacy
This wiki hosts the final report, and associated discussions, from the Education and Science Select Committee that was presented to the House of Parliament in December 2012. Please do not edit the pages that contain the text of the report; it is important that we maintain the integrity of the original report from the Inquiry. You can either use the discussion tab to post comments on the content, or create a new page.
A page has been created for discussion of each recommendation
NZ Digital Strategy
The Digital Strategy 2.0 was New Zealand’s five year action plan to ensure New Zealand maximises the opportunities that Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) bring. It set out targets and key actions for the next few years where budgets have already been committed.
Read More on The Digital Strategy and how WikiEducator might fit into this strategy.
Creative Commons Aotearoa/New Zealand - has ported the Creative Commons licenses to New Zealand.
ICT Strategic Framework for Education
See also Summary of ICT Policy Initiatives
WikiEducator Patron for Aotearoa/New Zealand
New Zealand Sources of OERs
- NZ OER Repository Project - open content in Moodle that can be re-used
Use these pages to discuss how WikiEducator and OERs may be used across the entire education sector in NZ.
- Wikimedia New Zealand is a proposed chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation. Planning and discussion on the steps needed to formally create this chapter for Wikimedians living in New Zealand are underway. See: http://nz.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
One Laptop Per Child New Zealand have a test fest session every Saturday at the Southern Cross, Wellington. More details at http://laptop.org.nz
Education mini-conf at lca2010 2010-01-18 http://www.lca2010.org.nz/wiki/Miniconfs/Education
This one day Education Mini-conference will focus on educational uses of Free and Open Source initiatives used around the world including tools for teaching and school management.
It will provide talks and workshops directly useful to educators, administrators, developers and those interested in supporting education initiatives and/or influencing their direction and uptake.
Software Freedom Day 2009-09-20 http://softwarefreedomday.org.nz/
- Wellington - at the Town hall.
- One Laptop Per Child test fest
- 'Introduction to programming' session for parents and kids (scratch from http://scratch.mit.edu)
- Students' programme
- Kids' programme
- Auckland - Albany highschool 2009-09-18
- LAN party for our students on the Friday evening.
- Playing open source games (and eating pizza)
The Heywire8 Think Tank will be held at Otago Polytechnic in collaboration with the Commonwealth of Learning on 22 August 2008. The meeting will explore opportunities and pathways for building a national OER initiative (and ways WikiEducator might help).
DIGITAL FUTURE SUMMIT 2.0 - Dates: Wednesday 28 November 2007
Thursday 29 November 2007. Venue: The Hyatt Regency Hotel, Auckland.
Expanding Copyright Horizons through Creative Commons. 27 October 2007. A seminar to build understanding of the new licensing environment in the digital world. A free free seminar in Wellington on Saturday 27 October. More info: http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/
New Zealand-based WikiEducators
- Brent Simpson
- Wayne Mackintosh
- Nathan Parker
- Trevor Storr
- Bronwyn Hegarty
- Paul Seiler
- Neuroscientist: Reuben Cutfield
- Vasi Doncheva
Template:NCEA_Unit, a link is automatically generated to the NZQA website using the id specified.
14242, Investigate influences on health status Health and Physical Education 3 4 Internal