|Teachers Mentoring Teachers|
- To collaborate and find best practices on how to mentor and support teachers in the K-12 and higher education institutes of learning worldwide for online and offline learning.
- To encourage and promote full and blended e-learning initiatives
- To improve instruction and learning
- To reform the public school systems around the world
- To make learning fun and meaningful for the teachers and students
- To encourage lifelong learners
- To inspire young minds to think, observe, record , analyse and report at an early stage in life.
- To develop the Guide/supervisor concept in original work.
- To motivate teachers to work in newer and emerging areas.
- To find solutions to problems that threaten good teaching-learning
- To encourage teachers to take up action research and disemminate findings about the same
(: Please feel free to add to the list --Nellie Deutsch 13:50, 3 January 2009 (UTC))
Mentor and Mentoring
- At present, mentoring seems to have many different meanings depending on the person using it. While some see it as a form of leadership, others identify it as the art of communicating knowledge, the ease of advising or the ability to reaching those who are looking for anyone who considers superior and wants to learn from.
- Someone who considers him or herself an expert in an area and offers to share the expertise with another.
The teacher mentor is expected
- To provide a sort of cognitive apprenticeship to teacher mentees
- To nurture the inborn capacities of teacher mentees through scaffolding of learning experiences.
- To asssit the teacher-mentee to identify areas/skills in himself/herself that need to be enhanced
- To help the teacher-mentee to develop competencies required for successful interaction
For this the following roles are envisaged
- Resource generator
- Agent propogating change/ animator
- Reflective practitioner
- Curriculum Developer
- Integrating Technology into the English as a Foreign Language Class
- Integrating Technology into the EFL Class on Ning
- Online Mentoring for Scientific Writing
- Watch the video by Dame Yasmin Bevan, DBE Denbigh High School on the Importance of Mentoring and on the magic of learning.
The Teacher Mentor list needs a box for skills or specialization - thank you, can you start the list? --Nellie Deutsch 23:32, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
We can consider the skill of making OERs and make mentoring pairs interested in learning and improving this skill.--Gurmit 13:17, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
The Teacher Mentee list needs a box for area they want to learn more about. thank you, can you start the list? --Nellie Deutsch 23:32, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
Live Online Workshops
Please add the dates you would like to present a workshop on mentoring teachers.
Please add your details to the list if you would like to be mentored.
|Name||Gender||Country||Employer||Area of Interest|
|Rebecca Nash||F||Australia||Add your employer||Add your area of interest||Contact|
|Amihai Bannett||M||Israel||Add your employer||Add your area of interest||Contact|
List of Teacher Mentors
Please add your details to the list if you would like to mentor teachers.
|Name||Gender||Country||Employer||Area of Expertise|
|Neli Maria Mengalli||F||Brazil||Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo||Knowledge Management, Communities of Practice, Mobile Learning, Web Design, Social Media, Educational Curriculum||Contact|
|Rebecca Nash||F||Australia||Add your employer||Add your area of expertise||Contact|
|Nellie Deutsch||F||Canada||BOL/IT4ALL||Blended Learning, TESOL||Contact|
|Gladys Ledwith||F||Argentina||Norbridge School||Integrating technology to EFL classroom||Contact|
|Jonas Backelin||M||Bulgaria||eduToolkit||Networked Learning, Social Media and Open Education||Contact|
|Gladys Gahona||F||Mexico||Add your employer||Add your area of expertise||Contact|
|Doris Molero||F||Venezuela||Add your employer||Add your area of expertise||Contact|
|Mary Hricko||F||USA||Add your employer||Add your area of expertise||Contact|
|Deirdre Bonnycastle||F||Canada||Add your employer||Add your area of expertise||Contact|
|Dr. Gita Mathur||F||India||Gargi College, University of Delhi.||Botany, Environmental Science, Plant biodiversity and Ecology||Contact|
|Dr. Sarita Kumar||F||India||Acharya Narendra Dev College||Zoology||Contact|
|Nicola Avery||F||UK||University of Surrey||Wikis, Web Design, Mobile learning||Contact|
|Valerie Taylor||F||USA||DeAnza College||Online teaching and learning||Contact|
|Dr. Cynthia D'Costa||F||India||Pushpanjali College of Education, Vasai,Maharashtra||Teacher education, online firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Satendra Singh||M||India||University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi||Medicine||Contact|
Become a Teacher Mentor
- Country of Residence: New Zeland
- Name: Eddie McKay
- Gender: Male
- Country: New Zealand
- Employer: IT's Eazi Limited
- Area of Expertise: Integration of Web 2.0 into the classroom
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Become a Teacher Mentor
- Country of Residence: Sweden
- Name: Jonas Backelin
- Gender: Male
- Country: Bulgaria
- Employer: eduToolkit
- Area of Expertise: Networked Learning, Social Media and Open Education
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org