Dr Satendra Singh
|Employer:||University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi|
|Occupation:||Assistant Professor of Medical Physiology|
|Languages:||Hindi, English, Shona, Sanskrit|
Todays date is: Saturday September 20 2014
The current GMT time is 21:54
This page has been viewed 96,846,195 times.
A student by choice and doctor by profession.
I am Assistant Professor in the Department of Physiology, University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS),University of Delhi, since November 2008.
I am Coordinator of Enabling Unit and Equal Opportunity Cell at my institute which works for students with disAbilities. I also did Fellowship in Sports Sciences (FSS) from Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad. I am adjunct faculty at Medical Education Unit (MEU) of my institute and member of Medical Humanities Group. I am the proud product of Faculty Development Program of UCMS MEU from where I have learned to be an active lifelong learner. I have published articles in indexed peer reviewed national and international journals. I also serves as editorial board member on various international biomedical journals. I have interest in Medical Humanities and working to develop this discipline among mnedical students in India.I am founder of Infinite Ability-a platform to explore disability with creativity.
Professional backgroundMBBS from GSVM Medical Colege Kanpur, India.
MD in Physiology from PGIMS Rohtak.
FSS from Apollo Hyderabad.
Coordinator, Enabling Unit, EOC
Founder, Infinite Ability
Major: Medical Physiology (2006)
- Medical education,
- Medical Humanities,
- Undergraduate research
- Innovations in formative assessment
- Visual Evoked Potentials
- Brainsten Auditory Evoked Response
- A huge fan of Zimbabwean Cricket
In a Nationwide hunt for the craziest cricket fan- the ultimate `Cricket Madhead'- by ESPN Star Sports, 15 fanatic cricket lovers were selected who would go to any lengths to prove their love for the sport. Harsha Bhogle screened an overwhelmingly large number of entries to handpick the final 15 and i was one among them.
- Impossible is nothing when it comes to the specially abled].Deccan Herald. 4 Dec 2012
- Seven-steps-to-find-out-if-you-have-the-mindset-of-a-doctor/SP-Article1-935543.aspx/Seven steps to find out if you have the mindset of a doctor. Hindustan Times. 25 Sept 2012
- MCI asks all medical institutions to be 'accessible.' The Hindu. 18 April 2013.
- Doctor’s efforts bring disabled-friendly ATMs at GTB Hospital. The Statesman. 24 April 2013.
- Man of Infinite Ability. Heart of Gold. The Times of India.
My wiki projects
- I registered for eL4C42, a Learning4Content workshop to learn wiki skills.
- My facilitators included Patricia Schlicht, Ramesh Sharma and Nellie Deutsch.
- Got the third 'winner of the community kudos award' for the most edits during the workshop.
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <Enter a brief description of the content resource or WikiEducator project you would like to work on here>|
| Target date for completion
|| <Specify the target date for completion --- you choose the date which can be after the completion of this workshop>.|
|| <Login and with the rich text editor click on the "Insert signature" button above: .>|
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
(: Hi Satendra, You are very welcome to this eL4C42 Online workshop. Patricia and me are your facilitators and will help you in develop your page. Enjoy this workshop and donot hesitate to ask for help. You can leave a message on Patricia's page or my page. Warm Wishes.--Ramesh Sharma 13:11, 4 August 2010 (UTC))
- Dear Satendra, Welcome to WikiEducator again. You have made a good start and now that you are part of our Wiki family, know that you have joined over 15,500 educators around the world. You have now access to a lot of shared knowledge which you can use towards building your projects in open education. Good to have you with us. Feel free to ask questions where you need to. We are here to help you. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 02:27, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Great progress Satendra, I think the challenge you had desolved. Well done. Now keep going by adding more content. We are shortly before the first certifications. Please ensure that you incorporate what you have learned into your user page. May I suggest you move your picture into your infobox a the top of your page (open the "edit" tab and you'll see it) Warm wishes --Patricia Schlicht 19:11, 30 August 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Patricia.--Satendra Singh 08:15, 1 September 2010 (IST)
- Hi Satendra, I have now upgraded your certification to level 2. Congratulations, well done!. If you want to use the e-signature on WikiEducator, this is how you do this. Under the "Edit" view, look at the toolbar above (scroll up on this page) and choose the 10th icon from the left on the toolbar. Click on it. When you scroll back down to this message for instance you will see that the system has inserted two dashes and four wavy lines. Save your input and look how it came out on your user page. You are done. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 16:00, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- Hi Satendra, Just to say I fixed the flagcounter link for you. Please ensure that you have the license rights to use the photos you are uploading. Best to take one of your own or find license-free photos on the web (for instance in Creative Commons Images). WikiEducator only allows cc-by-sa and Attribution licenses to be used. Warm wishes--Patricia Schlicht 16:13, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
Facilitators - eL4C42
- The WikiEducator "Inspiring to become an Agent of Change" Online Workshop Learning4Content wiki skills workshop - 25 August to 8 September, 2010.
- The facilitators: