Valerie Taylor's Campaign Page
I'm a huge fan of technology supported learning, and everything connected to it.
- Early-adopter of technology to support learning. Advocate for universal access to education. Open courseware contributor. Community college instructor. Instructional designer. Faculty development workshop facilitator. MS Online Teaching and Learning completed entirely online, except for non-virtual F2F graduation. Longtime Silicon Valley resident recently relocated to Marin. Lifelong learner. That's me!
WikiEducator is the right combination of community supporting creativity in teaching and learning at the right time. It is a privilege to be involved in WikiEducator.org while it is growing exponentially. It is a great honour to be considered for the Community Council.
Current projects include
- Facilitating online communities course
- WikiEducator-based Community Service Learning guidelines for college students' projects
- new online Moodle-using educators community for faculty and staff
- students contributing to WikiEducator - CIS2 Computers and the Internet in Society students' collaborative research Aug 2008
- technology supported learning and retention - online faculty workshop, readiness evaluation
- Learning4Content - Locating and adopting Open Educational Resources OER content