|Occupation:||Founder and Director of Supten Institute|
|Languages:||English, Bangla, Hindi|
I am a physician and Biomedical engineer from India, and have been a hardcore academician since the last 15 years. Starting with editing Wikipedia, I became the Chair of the Editorial Council of the Citizendium. I am the Founding Director of Supten Institute
With my past associations with the IIT, the Manipal group, the Amrita group and the PSG group, I have a wide and varied experience in both healthcare and technology academia. I am a Fellow and Faculty of the PSG-FAIMER South Asia Regional Institute – an Educational Leadership development program for South Asia, in collaboration with the FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of Medical Education and Research) Institute, Philadelphia.
After MBBS, I did PhD in Biomedical Engineering in 1995.
Reading, writing and listening to music.
I am currently the Chair, Education Committee and Chair-Elect for Health Level Seven India. I have been the Course Coordinator and Co-Developer for the first ever Masters Degree on Medical Informatics from an Indian University at Amrita University. He has also been offering online courses on Health Informatics from PSG IMS & R.
Looking forward to great interactions for life long learning.
My wiki projects
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| Lesson 10:Wikis - a Lesson on Wikis as part of ICT |
| Target date for completion
|| August 10, 2010|
|| Supten 07:46, 2 August 2010 (UTC) |
Some recent publications
- S N Sarbadhikari (2010), A farce called the National Board of Examinations, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics.2010 Jan-Mar;7(1):20-22 PubMed IJME.
- S N Sarbadhikari (2008), Applying healthcare informatics to improve student learning, Medical Education; 42: 1117–1118 (Really Good Stuff) PubMed.
- S N Sarbadhikari, A K Saha (2006) Moderate exercise and chronic stress produce counteractive effects on different areas of the brain by acting through various neurotransmitter receptor subtypes: A hypothesis, Theoretical Biology and Medical Modeling, 3 (1), 33 PubMed PubMed Central
- S N Sarbadhikari (2006) A Short Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, First Edition, Hyderabad, India, Universities Press India Limited Co., ISBN=978-81-7371-558-0; International Edition, CRC Press
- S N Sarbadhikari (2005) The State of Medical Informatics in India: A Roadmap for optimal organization, J. Medical Systems, 29, 125-141 PubMed
- A K Saha, S N Sarbadhikari (2005) HIV deranges Immune System Dynamics through Stochastic Fluctuations, Intl. J Applied Maths. Stats, 3, 52-81
- S N Sarbadhikari (2005) (Editor) Depression and Dementia: Progress in Brain Research, Clinical Applications and Future Trends, First Edition, New York, USA, Nova Biomedical, ISBN=1-59454-114-0
- S N Sarbadhikari (2005) Balancing the Brain activity: Putative Links between Epileptic, Cognitive and Affective Disorders In S M Benjamin (eds), Trends in Epilepsy Research, New York, USA, Nova Biomedical, ISBN=1-59454-237-6 (book chapter)
A Review Article converted to Lecture at Supercourse
- How to design an effective e-learning course for medical education, Indian Journal of Medical Informatics. 2008; 3(1): 3 IJMI converted to:
- How to design an effective e-learning course for medical education at Supercourse
- A Short Introduction to Biomedical Engineering, Universities Press (India) Ltd. Co., 2005
- Depression and Dementia: Progress in Brain Research, Clinical Applications and Future Trends [Editor], Nova Press, USA, 2005
Today is : 19, January 2021
You are watching these stats at 15:14 Hrs.
Feedback and notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Supten! If would be great to hear your experiences as to what was most beneficial to you in learning the wiki skills necessary to contribute to WE. --Benjamin Stewart 13:38, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
(: Hello Supten and great start on your user page! I encourage you to visit the requirements of becoming a WikiApprentice 1 and WikiApprentice 2, as we are here to help you achieve these goals. Feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 13:09, 21 July 2010 (UTC) (UTC))
- Supten, have you given any thought as to a project you'd like to work on? --Benjamin Stewart 16:45, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Benjamin, can there be a project to make WE more user-friendly? I am quite at a loss to navigate through the site as the pages are not conventional ones like in Wikipedia, Citizendium, Wikidocs or Medpedia. Blended Learning and Handbook of Open Universities pages looks appealing to me. Blended Online Learning could be a useful page that I have created as a part of today's exercise. Supten 09:46, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Supten. There are many ways that you can contribute, all which can lead to WE being more user friendly. Consider the following:
- Visit the Content page (direct link located on WE main page).
- Visit the Projects page (direct link located on WE main page).
- Consider doing Research (direct link located on WE main page).
- Choose from a list of things to do as well as participate in open discussions in Google Groups.
- Become a Wiki Ambassador and be responsible for projects that add to the user friendliness of WE.
- These are some ideas that come to my and you are encouraged to take advantage of the live sessions we are offering in order to promote your ideas and thoughts. If you would like to have a Skype session, I can personally show you a bit how WE is organized and how to navigate to content of interest. --Benjamin Stewart 14:07, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Notice the change I made to your infobox. --Benjamin Stewart 16:24, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Supten, get certified as a WikiApprentice 1 today by adding the following: bold text, italics, headings and subheadings, and lists. If you need any assistance, feel free to contact me or one of your facilitators for assistance. --Benjamin Stewart 23:57, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Ben for your support. As per the requirements perhaps I am already eligible for Apprentice-2 level and would be eligible for becoming a WikiBuddy before the end of this Conference! :-) Supten 03:25, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello Supten, I am one of the co-facilitators. I really like your idea for a wikiEd project. You have mastered templates excellently I see in the Blended Online Learning page. I have recently started using this approach myself. You might be interested in some of the material at: http://wikieducator.org/Flexible_Learning_Guidebook - See the code I have added after your signature to stop the colour "running on". :) --Bronwynh 05:44, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Bronwyn! Supten 11:26, 27 July 2010 (UTC)
(: Hello, I am happy to visit your page on seeing your request for higher certification. It is nice to have a person with your expertise on WE. I look forward to reading your contributions to OER's here. Warm wishes--Dr. Gita Mathur 09:46, 28 July 2010 (UTC))
- Hi Supten, a wonderful page you have here. I suggest you put a small link to one main content development page you are working on in your contract section. That way, you cna be awarded with a WikiBuddy certification very soon. Let us know if you need any further assistance. --Victor P. K. Mensah 06:06, 29 July 2010 (UTC) (Co-Facilitator)
- Thanks Dr. Gita. I look forward to further interactions. Supten 09:49, 28 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hello sir,this is Satarupa here.Thanks for the editing . It is looking really nice now.I would appreciate further editing.Moreover i've visited your website-cal2calinstitute.org & liked the curriculum you have launched.Would look forward for other courses.It would definitely be an honour if i can be a part of your endeavor.Thanks.satarupa 4.23, 2nd August 2010 (UTC)