Today is : 8, August 2022
|Employer:||Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi|
|Occupation:|| Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics |
I am Dr.Sarita Agarwal(nee Dewan), an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics,Acharya Narendra Dev College,University of Delhi. I am glad to be one of the WikiIndia members. I did B.A (Hons) in Mathematics from I.P. CollegeUniversity of Delhi in 1984. Thereafter I went on to pursue M.A in Mathematics from the same college in the year 1986. I received my doctoral degree in Abstract Algebra under the supervision of Prof.V.N. Dixit and Prof.T. B. Singh from Department of MathematicsUniversity of Delhi in 2000.
I was awarded Senior Research Fellowship byCSIRin 1997.
Research Topic for Doctoral
Green's Equivalence Relations and Quasi-ideals in Ternary semigroup.
List of Publications
- A note on quasi- and bi-ideal in ternary semigroup Internat.J.Math and Math.Sci.Vol.18 No3 (1995) 501-508.
- Minimal quasi-ideal in ternary semigroup Indian.J.Pure.Appl.Math.28(5) 625-632, May (1997).
- Congurence and Green’s equivalence relations on ternary semigroup Communications de la Faculte des Sciences de l universite d Ankara, series Al Mathematics & Statistics Vol. 46 (1997).
- Quasi-relation on ternary semigroupIndian.J.Pure.Appl.Math.28(6) 753-766, June (1997).
- A note on direct- product ring Acta Ciencia. Indica.,Vol.XXXIIM,No.4,1387(2006).
- R-factors in direct- product ring South East Asian Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical sciences ,Vol.4.No.3(2006),pp55-58.
- Ideals in direct-product ring Acta Ciencia. Indica.,Vol.XXXIIM,No.4,1525(2006).
- Two Theorems For Multivalued Condensing Mapping in Wedges Acta Ciencia. Indica.,Vol.XXXIVM,No.3,1513(2008).
- Some applications on ideals in direct-product ring Applied Science Periodical, Volume XI, No.3, August 2009.
- Jordan Ideal in Non-commutative rings Global Journal of Science Frontier Research, Volume10, Issue 4, Version1.0, September2010, pp9-11.
- 0-Minimal Quasi-ideals in Ternary Semigroup IJMS, Vol.11, No.3-4(July-December 2012), pp301-308.
- Homomorphism in Direct-Product Ring Applied Science Periodical, Vol.XIV, No.1, February 2012.
- Ramanujan Inner Product Space-IInternational Journal of Trends in Mathematics and Statistics, Volume3, issue 4, 2014.
- Miserable plight of girl child in India –Published in the book Women: Social Rights.
- Women Education in India –Published in the book Women: Social Rights.
- Mahilayon main AIDS(Hindi) – Published in the book titled AIDS.
- Bachon main AIDS(Hindi) – Published in the book titled AIDS.
Presentation in Conferences
1. "A NOTE ON QUASI AND BI-IDEALS IN TERNARY SEMIGROUP” presented in International Conference on Recent Trends in Contemporary Analysis in December, 1990, organized by Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
2. “D-CLASSES AND H-CLASSES IN TERNARY SEMIGROUP” presented in International Conference on Harmonic Analysis in October, 1995, organized by Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi, Delhi, India.
3. 1st international conference on Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences on 7th July 2012 in New Delhi, organised by Serials Publications, New Delhi and presented the paper, “0-Minimal quasi-ideals in ternary semigroup”.
4. International Conference on Algebra, Geometry, Analysis and their Applications (ICAGAA-14) (Under UGC programme), November 27-29, 2014, organised by Department of Mathematics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, presented the paper. “Solvability of Groups"
5. “Numeral System”, paper presented in “Mini Symposium in Mathematics” organised by the department of Mathematics, Deen Dayal Upadhaya College under the Aegis of DBT Star College Program, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India from 22.02.2019 to 23.02.2019.
6. Participated and given a talk on “Quasi-ideal in Ternary semi group” in the international conference SandGAL2019 held in Cremona, Italy from 10th June 2019 to 13th June 2019.
7. Participated and the presented the paper “Action of Monoid and Ternary Monoid on a Set” in the International Conference on Semigroups and Applications (ICSAA-2019) during 09-12 December 2019, organized by Department of Mathematics, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi-682022.
Acted as Resource Person in the Workshop on Foundation course - "Building Mathematical Ability", organised by UGC-ASC, University of Delhi, held on 15th to 17th July, 2013.
Participation in Conferences/Workshop
1. Successfully completed 2nd 2-Week Refresher Course in Computational & Mathematical Sciences conducted by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia from 07.02.2020 to 20.02.2020.
2. Participated in the Workshop on Empowering Teachers: Current Technology Based Educational Contents Creation and Delivery (Using Open Source, Free Software)organized by Acharya Narendra Dev College (D.U) from December 2-6,2019.
3. Attended International Conference on Advances in Smart Materials & Emerging Technologies (ASMET-2020) organized by Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities, IGDTUW during 23-24,2020.
4. Attended Orientation Programme (OR-95) conducted by CPDHE(UGC-HRDC), University of Delhi from 27.11.2018 to 24.12.2018.
5. Attended Faculty Development Programme in ARSD on “Sustainable Development from 15 October 2018 to 22 October 2018.
6. Participated in RMS-UGTE workshop on Finite Group and Applications, organized by Deshbandhu College held on 7th to 9th Feb,2014.
7. Participated in "MATLAB and Simulink Academic Tour of Math Works “at Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi on September 23,2013.
8. Participated in Workshop on Foundation course - "Building Mathematical Ability", organised by UGC-ASC, University of Delhi, held on 12th to 14th June, 2013.
9. Participated in International Conference on "The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan” organised by University of Delhi, held on 17th to 22nd December 2012.
10. Participated in International conference on “Open Paradigms in Education”, organized by Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi, held on 31st Jan to 2nd Feb,2011.
11. Participated in National Workshop on “Computational Science”,organized by Swami Sharddhanand College, University of Delhi, held on 1st to 7th July 2010.
12. Participated and successfully completed two day workshop on "Application of Free/Open Source Software in Science Teaching and Research", organised by Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi and NRCFOSS, Anna University Chennai , held on 14th -15th April , 2010.
13. Participated and successfully completed the learning modules in "EasyNow-1: A Workshop on Multimedia Content Development ", organised by Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi and Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia, held on 20th to 25th April, 2009.
14. Participated and successfully completed the learning modules in the "Learning for Content (L4C) -42- Workshop on Open Education Resources", organized by Acharya Narendra Dev College and Commonwealth Learning, Vancouver, Canada held on 13th to 17th April, 2009.
15. Participated in International conference on "Recent trends in Mathematics and its Applications", organized by Jamia Millia Islamia,New Delhi , held on 30th to 31st March 2009.
16. Participated and successfully completed all the Easy Now Techniques in three -week base Camp for “Application of Easy Now Techniques for E-Content Development”, organised by Acharya Narendra Dev College (D.U) and Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia, held on 12th Sep.to 9th Oct.,2009.
17. Participated in Pre-ICM International Convention on " Mathematical Sciences” organized by Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi, New Delhi. held on December 18-20,2008.
18. Participated and successfully completed the learning modules in the "Wikied08 - workshop on Open Educational Resources", organized by Acharya Narendra Dev College and Commonwealth Learning, Vancouver, Canada held on 3rd, 4th & 6th October 2008.
19. Participated in Workshop on "LINUX and Free-Open Source Software’s", organized by Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi and OpenLx, Linux held on 6th and 7th December, 2007.
20. Participated in Instructional Workshop on "Fractal Geometry and Non-Linear Dynamical Systems", organized by Department of Mathematics, University of Delhi held on 4th to 8th October, 2004.
21. Participated and successfully attended a workshop on "News Reading and Anchoring", organized by News Reading and Anchoring Institute, held between 15th to 29th January 2004 at New Delhi.
Contribution in the College
In the college, I teach Algebra papers namely Group Theory and Ring Theory to B.Sc(H) Maths II year and B.Sc(H) Maths III year , Mathematics for Life Sciences to B.Sc(P) Life Sciences& Applied Life Sciences I year,Mathematical Methods in Life Sciences to B.Sc (P) Life Sciences & Applied Life Sciences III Year and Probability & Statistics to B.Sc (H) Computer Science II semester and B.Sc(H) Computer Science III semester. Besides that I was the member of the following societies:-
- Proctorial Committee
- Foreign Language Courses
Presently,I am associated with Equal Opportunity Cell and the Sashakt society of the college.
I am proud of
I am proud of getting a space in the prestigiousScientific commons for the paper "A Note on Quasi-and Bi-ideal in Ternary semigroup".
I am glad to be a part of zbmath organisation for the papers “Some applications on ideals in direct-product ring” and “R-factors in direct- product ring”.
I'm interested in:
- OERs and Mathematical Problem
- Networking with educators to share educational resources
You can contact me through my user page.
Earlier the Number Conversion was saved on [http://eduframe.net/andc/maths/Math-Sarita/Sarita%20Lecture.pdf NUMBER CONVERSION] .But the site stopped working so it is uploaded on Wiki-Educator.
The following research paper NUMERAL SYSTEM is submitted to fulfill the requirement towards completion of my Orientation Programme(OR-95)(27th November, 2018 - 24th December, 2018 at CPDHE,University of Delhi,Delhi,India.