|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
|Employer:||Chawama Youth Project|
|Other roles:||Carpentry & Joinery ICT Coordinator|
|Today is: 31, October 2020|
My Sandbox | Chawama Youth Project
I am the Secretary General for the CYPRO which has just broadened its activities to the Nation at the moment in Chongwe at kanakantapa, and my full Names are Mr. Rodgers Mulenga, Founder member.
What I like most
- I am a worshiper of the Almighty God
- I like sharing skills and knowledge / Ideas
About The Chawama Youth Project (CYPRO)
Chawama Youth Project (CYPRO)was formed way back in 1994 and was established in 2001 it is registered with the Registrar of Societies of Zambia. Also registered with TEVETA TVA166, as a training centre also known as Chawama Skills Training Centre the organisation is also affiliated to NYDC National Youth Development Council Zambia.
CYPRO's activities are as follows:
- Carpentry and Joinery - this activity was started as a training programme as years went by it was discuvered that most Youths have not taken interest in the course hence the course was turned into a business venture that allows the project to generate revenues that are helping to fund the operations of the organisation
- Tailoring - also was one of the first skills for the youths mainly young women have taken interest in the course and it has continued as the best at CYPRO as a lot of youths especially young women.
- Welding- was at a later stage added but as at today not as a course but as a joint revenue generating activity which works jopintly with carpentry.
- Power Electrical was at a later stage added at the same time with bullet number 3 above
- Automotive Mechanics was at a later stage added on demand and is still runing as on of the courses that still receive enrollement
- Computer Lessons were later added with the support from IICD the 'International Institute for communication and Development'
The Centre has many other activities such as:
- Production in School/Office furniture production
- Internet AND secretarial services
- Motor vehicle repair, etc
- Leveraging Programme CYPRO has been offering or training the Ministry of Sport, Youth and Child Development (MSYCD) staff in computer skills.
- Computer Support through the IICD and Motorola Programme, CYPRO was eble to empower youth resource centres with computers abou 11 workstation to about 6 Youth Resource Centres (YRCs) for the Ministry of Sport Youth and Child Development.
- Internet Connectivity Some YRCs have been connected to broad band Internet about 2 that also include King George VI National Youth Collage and Kalingalinga YRC. whilst others such as Kaoma YRC, Chinsali YRc and Zgangani YRC have bee empowerd with the USB moderm for connectivity solutions in the far places.
- Laptops for the Teachers and Instructor Current activity that supports the Instructors to use the new technologies in regard to their intructional duties.
Thanks to CYPRCA for the workshop.
My optional community service (learning contract) project
||By signing this optional learning contract I will try to complete my training in basic wiki editing skills to achieve the status of a Wikibuddy. In return for this free training opportunity, I will give the gift of knowledge by donating or developing at least one free content resource licensed under a CC-BY-SA or CC-BY license which can be used by myself (and others) on WikiEducator.|
| Brief description of project
|| <How to Integrate ICT with Courses such as Carpentry & Joinery and Tailoring for the Instructors in Training Centres>|
| Target date for completion
|| <March 10 2010>.|
|| <--RABROD 12:06, 10 February 2011 (UTC).>|
Notes from my WikiNeighbours
- Hello Rodgers, pl keep updating about your project. Best wishes,--R C Sharma, PhD 19:04, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Rodgers, it is nice to see you are enriching your userpage. Keep it up. All the best, --Ramesh Sharma, PhD 16:09, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- Dear Friend, please continue with your practice on how to manipulate the placement, size and using captions for your images in your sandbox. To understand how to do it, read this Tutorial 6 on images. All the best, --Ramesh Sharma, PhD 15:44, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
(: Dear Rodgers, You are very welcome to this eL4C44 Online workshop. I am your facilitator and will help you in developing your page. Enjoy this workshop. If, while adding information to your page, you face any problem, please, do not hesitate to ask for help. You can leave a message on my page. You can also contact me through my email. Warm Wishes.--R C Sharma, PhD 17:47, 1 February 2011 (UTC) )
- Welcome to eL4C44 - the IPYET orientation programme. Enjoy every moment of the programme and let Ramesh, Brian, or me know if you need any assistance. Cheers!! --Victor P. K. Mensah, Your Training Coordinator
Facilitators - eL4C44
- IPYET OER Training Programme in Facilitating Online Learning4Content Workshop (January 31 - February 11, 2011)
- The facilitators:
Victor P. K. Mensah
L4C Lead Facilitator