Training Educators to Design and Develop ODL Materials/Types of Assessment in ODL/Content2
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.
SELF-ASSESSMENT IN ODL
Introduction In terms of importance, self-assessment in face-to face teaching ranks higher than that of ODL learning. In a typical classroom setting learners tend to have many opportunities to measure their progress than in an ODL environment. In general ODL learners have limited means to judge their own progress. To compensate for such limitation self-assessment tests are used.
Point to note:. Generally, self-assessment test cover a specific area of a course.The purpose of these tests are as follows:
- to provide learners with summative feedback on their learning of the specific section,
- to help learners identify any errors, misunderstanding or misconceptions that they may be experiencing
- to provide learners with remedial strategies to deal with the errors.
- Group discussions
- Practical exercises to write self-assessment tests.
- Critically evaluating samples of self-assessment tests and examples feedback .
- Design and use checklist for selecting question formats.
Here are a few examples
|Assessment in ODL