- Read here for more on Day 1.
- See here for more on Day 2.
- Read more here on Day 3.
- Nicholas Kimolo introduced the participants to Intellectual Property Rights and afew Open Source Software applications that the participants can use to create and/or enhance their content. See here for more on Day 4.
- See here for more on Day 5.
RUFORUM Workshop in the News
- Workshop in the news: The IDG News Service which is a Network World affiliate has run a story on our workshop. See IDG's article on the RUFORUM Workshop here.
Participants Evaluation Reports
- See participants comments on the workshop i.e their perceived strength, weaknesses and lessons learnt here.See the detailed workshop evaluation analysis here].Highlights of the analysis are:
- The workshop was gender sensitive with nearly equal representation of both men and women
- None of the participants felt that the workshop objectives were not met
- One of the features of the workshop that were rated very highly was the participatory nature of the workshop
- Objectives 8 (Creation of accounts on web 2.0), 9 (Content development in wikieducator) and 10 (Pros and Cons of online publishing) received the highest scores for objectives that were "fully achieved"
Announcements - Master of Research Methodology
The regional program Master of Research Methodology has been advertised by the host University - Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology. The course is expected to start in February, 2009. We invite applications from any field from the region - Please inform others. To that effect we are looking for lecturers within the region to teach the various modules. In particular, help us get lecturers for the following modules
- Bioinformatics and Molecular Genetics studies
- Quantitative Methods in Environmental Economics
- Research approaches in Market and Innovation systems