e-Learning activity - Digital literacy skill development
|Personal learning plan||Objectives | Identify Development Needs | Plan your development | e-Learning activity - Digital literacy skill development | Learning Summary|
E-learning Activity Reference number: 1.3
e-Learning activity summary
|Title:||Digital literacy skill development|
|2 - 4 hours|
|Exploring ways and means to develop your digital literacy skills.|
|Stimulus: 21st Century Education This video clip ends rather abruptly but provides a few ideas for reflection.|
:1. Reflect on Module 11.
- Reflect on the digital literacy skills that you identified you held at the end of this module.
- Remind yourself of the strengths that you hold in this area.
- 2. Identify potential development areas
- If you skipped this – revisit and do the activity under Identify Development Needs
- List the skills you want to develop further.
- List the tools and practices you want to know more about.
- 3. Write some SMART goals
- Choose at least one skill you want to develop further
- Write a SMART goal for that skill
- Refer back to Plan your development for more information on SMART goals
- 4. Explore other view points
- Talk with colleagues. Find out how they develop their digital literacy skills. Where do they get information from?
- Using your search skills seek out courses and other forms of information and guidance to help you develop your skills.
- Note down the possibilities, suggestions and new ideas you have gained in your learning journal.
- Share the information gained with others in the course using the Moodle Discussion forum].
- 5. Create a plan
- Create your own plan to develop at least one skill digital literacy that will make a difference to your work.
- Refer back to Plan your development for planning guidance.
- slowtortoise. (2011,January 18). 21st Century Education (video file). Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O35n_tvOK74