|My home, your home. Tiny houses by students.|
|Home||Project Plan | People | Definitions | Process Documentation | Miniprojects|
|Research||Precedents | Residents | Land Use | Methodology | Funding | ~Links|
|Design||House objectives | Systems | Space | Environment | Materials and Structure | ~Interface | Sketchups|
|Communication||Project Frontpage | Dropbox Blog | Facebook Group | Mailing List | Partner Projects|
We currently have a lot of questions about the specific legalities of building tiny houses. We have heard that tiny housing often faces a great deal of barriers in certain locales, because of existing bylaws designed to keep market values high and the riff raff out.
- What are the legalities of building a house? What if we want to market/continue it?
- What about a mobile house? parallels with motorhomes/trailers?
- Are there important differences between local jurisdictions (ie. BC, Alberta, US, California?)
- Will it be easier to deal with if it is mobile or not?
- What is the definition of a 'mobile' home?
- What is the definition of a 'home'
- Land buying/owning activities?
- How much does land cost?
- Is there a way to buy an appropriately small parcel of land? What are the legal implications of subdividing?