Million Pillars Economy- theory development project
|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Million Pillars Economy theory under development
Million Pillars Economy : An economy that grooms each one of its entrepreneurs to build pillars of that economy with greater focus to small and medium industries, startups and farming so that economic growth would be wide spread and stable. It would be like the economy is pivoted strongly on a million pillars. ICT enabled state-of-the-art supply chain management system, that is competent to facilitate transnational business, shall be the backbone of the Million Pillars Economy.
The theory of Million Pillars Economy is being discussed further.
In a FaceBook discussion Steve Foerster proposed that Million Pillars Economy requires a decentralized political system. Jijoy Joseph, a Trainer and Entrepreneur from Kerala suggested that there should be separate yardstick to assess the performance of pillars in a Million Pillars Economy. The factors like eco-friendliness, social orientation, the manner in which the acquired wealth goes back to the society etc should be considered.
In the Million Pillars Economy, in the demand supply side, each demand pillar will be connecting to its counterpart supply pillar directly. It has to be facilitated in a decentralized manner through a decentralized political system. Providing an enabling legal as well as technology framework alone would be the role of federal/central government.
Need for the New Theory
In majority of nations, the Economy is controlled by a few large corporates. As a result, their strategic failures at once influence the economy negatively. Whereas, Small and Medium Industries and Startups contribute to the economy in substantially high percentages and it seldom get due attention. If properly recognized, SMEs and Startups would be able to present the world with a more sustainably progressive economic order with the support of incomparably large numbers of creative, strategic and entrepreneurial leadership available. Hence the need for an alternative system driven by SMEs and Startups named as Million Pillars Economy.
- Democratic way of organizing an Economy: Million Pillars Economy is the democratic way of organizing economic activities by recognizing the responsibility of and offering due respect to each participant of the economy.
- Sustainably progressive:In the first place, entrepreneurship pillars will be kept on adding to the economy and the individual pillars will be growing as well. Secondly it is impossible to weaken a million pillars alike and all at a given point of time. It will also mean the worst effects of economic recessions will be eliminated for ever in a Million Pillars Economy.
- Resistant to Economic Downtimes:Economic downtimes are greatly felt when middle income and really poor, who form majority of the world population, are hit hard by the worst effects of recession. In a Million Pillars Economy, since there is always a better environment for application of alternative business strategies and the promotion of brand new alternative business befitting to economic situations, the downward segment of business cycle is likely to be blunted or affordable to the majority population. Therefore, technically, yes, the wave of business cycle with its ups and downs would be there, but its downtimes would be not hard hitting ones as we see now.
- Availability of capital and foreign trade are crucial to an economy. Both these can be effectively and sustainability strengthened in a Million Pillars Economy. If proper guidance is given large numbers of SMEs and Startups together would assimilate higher volumes of capital with in a shorter time than a few large establishments. Same would be the case of foreign trade.
- Social entrepreneurship: Million Pillars Economy can open up tremendous opportunities for social entrepreneurship development. It will also take care of environmental concerns.
- Demerger as a successful model: Merger is the rule of the day in all Economies. Demerger seldom happens, as it is not considered as a successful model. But in a Million Pillars Economy demerger would also be a successful model. Nothing will be lost completely in a Million Pillars Economy!
- Large business as an aggregator: Million Pillars Economy recognizes large business as an aggregator of SME and Startup business by way of outsourcing starting from cleaning of facilities to components manufacturing, from product designing consultancy to business processes reengineering consultancy and training, from market study to product distribution.
- Millions throttle development together: In a Million Pillars Economy development will be throttled properly by a million vibrant entrepreneurs.
- Lesser impact for lockouts and closures: In a Million Pillars Economy, the impact of lockouts and closures will be easily absorbed by continuing Pillars quite organically. It would set entrepreneurs and society free from continue business that are not viable because of the fear of impact. In another words, opportunity cost of such decisions will me minimal.
- Blockchain effect on business collaborations: Since Million Pillar Economy is technology driven, it adopts promising technologies into its business process. Consequent on this character, in a Million Pillars Economy, business collaborations among the pillars shall be organically facilitated by Blockchain Technology. It will form business blocks of pillars in various patterns.
- Public Service Theory : Million Pillars Economy recognizes all industries as public services, because each pillar industry in the economy produces things to make the world a better place to live directly or indirectly. This is, in fact, sharing of vital functions entrusted with government. Because no government can, by its own, produce and distribute all products its people demands.
- Theory of simplicity : Million Pillars Economy subscribes to the principle that application of complex theories would hamper the organic growth of economies. Anything not organic shall be short living.
- MSMEs to contribute 50% to India's GDP, provide 15 cr jobs in 5 years THE ECONOMIC TIMES
- SME’s Account for over 60% of China’s GDP, Beijing Mulls Inclusion of Loans as MLF Collateral CHINA BANKING NEWS