|The Blogging Handbook|
Most blogs have a feature where people can leave comments under a particular post or article in the blog. Commenting is where blogging gets social, and how you make contacts and develop networks. If you want to develop relationships online, then its a very good idea to leave comments and particpate in discussions. Share links, suggest ideas, refer back to something you have written in your own blog.
Some people prefer to comment about another blogger's work by posting their comment on their own blog, and linking to the blog they are commenting on. This is an older style of blog networking and is a good idea if your comment is long and contains a lot of new ideas and thoughts that you might want to keep hold of.
As a rule of thumb, short comments on people's blogs, long comments on your own blog - with a short comment to let the person know you have 'blogged them'.
- Comment audit - Moderate
- Comment on a Blog You've Never Commented on Before - Easy
- Sign up for a Comment Tracking Service - Moderate
- Ask a Question in a Blog Comment - Easy
- Comment on a Blog Post You Don't Agree With - Moderate
- Engage another Commenter in Discussion - Easy