Information and Communication using Firefox and Novell Evolution
(: Take a Look at the Free Textbook page in Wikieducator for example of RSS feed option as a possibility for a glossary)
Welcome to Module 7 Information and Communication using Firefox and Novell Evolution. This module has two sections the first is designed to give you an understanding of some of the concepts and terms associated with using the Internet and basic Web navigation. The second section will cover communications. Internet communications can take many forms: e-mail, blogs, wikis, message boards, newswires, and podcasts to name a few.
(: Need to mention the the versions of Firefox and Novell EvolutionUkanjilal 22:31, 28 June 2007 (CEST))
- understand the concepts and terms associated with using the Internet
- appreciate some of the security considerations
- learn how to search and navigate the Web using Firefox Browser.
- gain the ability to bookmark Web Sites and print Web pages.
- be able to navigate and complete web-based forms.
- understand the concepts of electronic mail (e-mail) and appreciate some of the security concerns involved.
- learn to send and receive messages, and to attach files to e-mail messages
- learn to organize and manage messages into mailboxes within the e-mail software Evolution
- Note: if it's OK to Add more info on communication and collaboration over the web, as seen in my statement above. I'll add those objectives here
- We recommend you study Module 1 Concepts of Information Technology before starting Module 7. Module 1 will help you become familiar with the different technology concepts. In particular, you will need to know the sections on Information Networks, IT Use in Everyday Life and Security
- We recommend that you spend at least one hour on each chapter
- You should have access to the Internet with Firefox and Novell Evolution installed on your system when attempting the activities in this module
Chapter 1 -The Internet
Chapter 2 -Web Navigation
Chapter 3 -Web Searching
Chapter 4 -Electronic Mail
Chapter 5 -Sending and Receiving Messages
Chapter 6 -Mail Management
Chapter 7 -Web-based Communication Technologies (maybe)
Chapter 8 - Web-based Collaboration Techniques (maybe)
Copy the section and subsection templates you require from this page Design Templates
<List out any references/sources used in creation of the module>
Multimedia Ideas for this module
About this Module
Module #7: Information & Communication