|| Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.
Concepts of Information Technology
Welcome to Module 1 Concepts of Information Technology.
|This module provides necessary theoretical knowledge to understand the functioning of a modern computer, its capabilities, and applications in everyday life. It also discusses information networks, data security and copyright issues.
Upon completion of this module students will be able to
- Understand what hardware is, know about factors that affect computer performance and know about peripheral devices.
- Understand what software is and give examples of common applicatins software and operating system software.
- Understand how information networks are used within computing, and be aware of the different options to connect to the Internet.
- Understand what Information and Communicating Technology (ICT) is and give examples of its practical applications in everyday life.
- Understand health and safety and environmental issues in relation to using computers.
- Recognise important security issues associated with using computers.
- Recognise important legal issues in ralation to copyright and data protection associated with using computers.
<List out any references/sources used in creation of the module>
About this Module
Module 1: Concepts of Information Technology