Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth
small nations - big project
Working together on free content
An initiative of the Virtual University
for Small States of the Commonwealth
The Commonwealth Education Ministers conceived the idea of the Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth (VUSSC) at their meeting in Halifax, Canada, in 2000. The Commonwealth of Learning extended a formal invitation to the Education Ministers of the small states to particpate in this initiative aimed at expanding access to education enabled by appropriate ICTs. VUSSC member countries met in Singapore on two occasions signing a Letter of Intent as well as the Singapore Statement.
VUSSC has meanwhile developed its own website. Please refer to: VUSSC website
The VUSSC is a network committed to the collaborative development of free content resources for education.
VUSSC OER Planning and Development
- VUSSC/Action plan - (Developed by VUSSC at Singapore meeting, April 2006)
- VUSSC/Defining course structure
- Meeting of Interlocutors in Jamaica, November 2006
- A place to try wiki editing
- Content under development
- VUSSC Business Plan (Draft)
- Mauritius Workshop (Note: all relevant links for the workshop have been moved to this node).
- Singapore Workshop - 12-30 March, 2007
- Trinidad and Tobago Workshop - 4 - 20 June, 2007
- Samoa Workshop - 12–28 November, 2007
- Seychelles Workshop - 3 - 19 March 2008
- Bahamas Workshop - 27 October - 12 November 2008
- Samoa Workshop2 - November 23 - December 11, 2009