|Employer:||NICAI, University of Auckland|
|Nationality:||New Zealand / USA|
I work for the National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries, (NICAI).
Before there was Free Content :-)... I worked on this: TILT, a resource for teaching Information Literacy that has been freely distributed under David Wileys original Open Publication License, since 2000 and is now the Information Literacy tutorial at hundreds of institutions worldwide.
Things I've worked on or are working on 'round here and here
- Portal:Primary et al
- the Wikieducator tutorial
- Using Audacity
- the WikiEducator:Community_Portal - underused at the moment, could use a rehaul.
- the Learning Design project - similar
- Wiki Pasifika / New Zealand - wiki group for the pacific.
- and also I'm a custodian on Wikiversity
- Reading Group: Ivan Illich: Deschooling Society.
- Helped develop WikiEducator Portals
I provide support and hosting for a variety of Open Source collaborative platforms via my company, Greymatter.
whatever that is...
- Waiheke Island Podcasting Project - WikiEducator
- course outline and links used in the running of the Waiheke Island Podcasting Project [?]
- Te Punga - ACRL - IS | PRIMO Site of the Month
- Ivan Illich: Deschooling Society - Wikiversity
- A Reading Group I started on Wikiversity around Ivan Illich's 1971 text on education "Deschooling Society" [?]
- Western Southland - Podcasts
- The Western Southland - Podzone Country project was a Community Partnership Funded project in collaboration with the New Zealand Tourism Research Institute and the Western Southland Promotions assoication. I helped run 2 workshops in Southland training local residents how to use Audacity to create podcasts for their website. [?]
- Heywire8 Think Tank
- Heywire8 is the code name for a new innovative project concept to explore the business and sustainability models of OERs in the New Zealand education sector. I was invited to attend. [?]
- Tectonic shift think tank - WikiEducator
- To refine the available technology infrastructure to radically scale up the development of a free curriculum for all levels of education which can be customized, modified and adapted for local needs without restriction. Vancouver, Canada. 11 - 13 April 2007. [?]
- Planet FM - access radio for Auckland
- architecture, layout, and coding. contract work in collaboration with eCast. [?]
- Te Punga - ACRL - March 2008 Site of the Month -
- I was the conceptual as well as Web Designer for this project. This is the second library tutorial that I have worked on to receive recognition from the ACRL, the first being TILT which received an Innovation in Instruction Award in 2000. [?]
- The sophistication of a Media Wiki « Learn Online (reference)
- Wikiversity user CountryMike has initiated 2 projects that I think should get more attention. They are both reading groups around influential books. [?]
- Eric Von Hippel:Democratizing Innovation - Wikiversity
- A reading group for discussion of Eric Von Hippel's book Democratizing innovation. [?]
One Beatty Parade
This is my blog for the Permaculture design course being run by Otago Polytech.
...is where I go to play.
Feeds - test of <rss></rss> tags in WikiEducator