Things to do
We use a Google group to facilitate discussion around WikiEducator. Please feel free to join.
- UNESCO OER Chair Network to offer mOOC on OERs and Creative Commons
- OCL4Ed 13.09 registrations are now open!
The next Open Content Licensing for Educators course will be facilitated by the *UNESCO OER Chair Network* in collaboration with the *OER Foundation* and the* Commonwealth of Learning*.
*Open content licensing for educators<[link]> [?]
- RE: [WikiEducator] Abridged summary of email@example.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic
- Hi Ramesh - regarding the below, these officers are new to Wikieducator and OERs apart from the person mentioned. I am sorry that I have been a bit offline regarding WikiEducator development for a while, and I am not sure - is this course the standard email-based WikiEducator skills training, which included introduction and OERs or is it a more specialised course focusing on OERs? My plan is to start by helping the half dozen officers sign up with WE accounts and join in with them, and then follow up with a face to face workshop where we can build on the skills and focus on their particular content development. Does that sound suitable? [?]
- Invitation to join EL4C54 - WikiEducator Learning4Content Workshop "Leveraging the potential of Open Educational Resources" to be held from June 26 - July 10, 2013
- Dear Friends,
42 Wikieducators from 13 countries have already joined the EL4C54 - WikiEducator Learning4Content Online Workshop "Leveraging the potential of Open Educational Resources" to be held from June 26 - July 10, 2013.
You are also encouraged to join this international community of [?]
- Big Congratulations to the Institute of Technology, Sligo and SNDT Women's University, India
- Big Congratulations to the Institute of Technology, Sligo and SNDT Women's University on their becoming OERu Partners!!
R. C. Sharma, PhD Deputy Director Defence Unit, Room #1, Block 6A, Indira Gandhi National Open University Maidan Garhi, New Delhi - 110 068 (India) Ph. +91-11-29572527 [?]
- Another reason to celebrate - Our first OERu partner from Ireland
- Hi Everyone
I'm pleased to share that the Institute of Technology Sligo has announced that they will be joining our OER international partnership and claim the accolade of becoming the *first OERu partner from Ireland*.
Brian Mulligan, Programme Manager at the Centre for Online Learning remarks [?]
- Next WikiEducator Learning4Content workshop to take place from June 26 to July 10, 2013
- Dear Friends,
Our next free WikiEducator Learning4Content online training course EL4C54 Workshop "Leveraging the potential of Open Educational Resources" will take place from June 26 to July 10, 2013. Kindly go to below URL to register yourself and invite others for this exciting online workshop. Spread over [?]
- WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for May 2013: Laxmi Narayan Yadav
- Dear Friends,
The WikiEducator User Page Expo <[link]>("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that are particularly informative, innovative, visually appealing, or otherwise just plain clever.
We are very happy to announce that Laxmi Narayan [?]
- Some survey findings/reports on Online Education
- All Community,
As part of our project in an online course with Venture Lab (Stanford), our team is seeking some Marketing Research findings.
Could someone provide us with the results of any survey on what students/people think of: - online (and/or Distance) education - Its advantages & disadvantages [?]
- HTML5 and eLearning
- What technology is the future of elearning? and how do you account for legacy and unsupported systems? This article provides some insight: [link] [?]
- School of Open's free "Writing Wikipedia Articles" course open for enrollment
- Greetings Open Friends:
The free (*and open*) School of Open <[link]> course "Writing Wikipedia Articles" will launch its second six-week run on May 14 (Americas) / May 15 (Asia/Australia).
The course focuses on articles about open educational resources (OER) and related topics, and students improve these articles as part of their course [?]
- RIEMAA Golden Jubilee Meet 2013
- Dear friends,
We would like to make the formal announcement of the Golden Jubilee Alumni Meet of RIEMAA to be held on 18 and 19 (Saturday and Sunday) of May 2013. Sorry for the delay in the formal announcement as we were waiting for the Karnataka assembly election dates to be finalised. The executive committee [?]
- Fwd: E-Delphi Study on MOOCs
- Dear Colleagues,
A friend of mine is conducting an e-Delphi study on MOOCs.
May I request you to please participate in it and forward the same also to any of your colleagues who might be interested? Any help would be deeply appreciated. [?]
- Video Templates
- I see that the BlipTV template <[link]> is being used quite a bit, but are there any alternatives? Say a video template for Internet Archive <[link]>, for instance? [?]
- Open Course Library: press call follow-up
- Sharing the "Open Course Library" press call information here.
Note: the recording of the call is linked below.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges was pleased to announce completion of the Open Course [?]
- WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for April 2013: Benjamin Stewart
- Dear Friends,
The WikiEducator User Page Expo ("UPE" to its friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that are particularly informative, innovative, visually appealing, or otherwise just plain clever.
We are very happy to announce that Benjamin Stewart <[link]>is the WikiEducator User Page Expo [?]
Aspiring to be higher education’s leading player in disruptive innovation, SNHU joins forces with OERu to re-envisage models using open education approaches. Read more ...
SUNY Empire State College leads the way as the first founding anchor partner of the OER university in the United States. "By joining OERu, Empire State College will join the global community of learners who contribute to and benefit from open educational resources." said Alan Davis, President of SUNY Empire State College. Read more ...
History in the making for Open Education Resources: Free learning for all students worldwide. New portal for the OER university concept launched on WikiEducator. Meeting summary with video highlights available. Read more ...
WikiEducator believes learning materials should be free for all students of the world. WE invest in educators to share knowledge freely.WE are proud to announce the launch of our gifting campaign and membership recruitment drive. We need your suppOERt! donate now or join as a founding member and give the gift of knowledge to ensure access to free and open education for all.
Next free Learning4Content online training workshop is going to be held from 26 June to 10 July 2013. Register yourself and invite others!
eLearning Blog feed | Archive