- I have been a practicing massage therapist specializing in emotional release therapy for 12 years and have been teaching live continuing education courses for massage therapists and health professionals for 8 years both independently and as a contractor for multiple companies. Over the last year and a half I have been converting the cognitive knowledge components of my courses into e-learning classes. My goals are pretty simple: to create an environment for the Holistic Health community to market themselves; share thoughts and ideas; and develop and disseminate high quality, challenging, and cost effective continuing education. This includes a community generated Wiki and both free and fee based courses.
- My brother, Bill, was my best friend, sounding board, business partner and web guru until June of this year. He unexpectedly passed away from a bacterial infection. So here I am learning Wiki, Dreamweaver, Moodle and any other tools necessary to make our goals reality! It has been an adventure full of tears, frustration, love, devotion, spirit, and determination - my own and those that support me. I am excited to continue in my path overcoming obstacles and working toward triumph! I have been blessed to find an unending supply of free e-learning and live coursework to aid me in my goal and feel Learning4Content offers me a chance to learn, as well as, give back to the community that has supported me through these difficult times.
- 2008 Kaplan University - Executive Coaching Certification
- 2007 NASM - Personal Training Certification
- 2005 Licensed to Heal
- 12 hrs Symmetry Level One
- 24 hrs Symmetry Level Two
- 24 hrs Symmetry Level Three
- 2000–2005 Northern Arizona University - M.A. Counseling
- 2001-2003 Southwest Institute of Healing Arts
- 60 hrs Hypnotherapy Certification
- 12 hrs Five Star Teacher Training
- 40 hrs Deep Tissue Sculpting
- 40 hrs Myotherapy Seven Step Release
- 24 hrs Myotherapy modified
- 1999 Arizona School of Integrated Studies - Completed 350-hour Teacher Training Program
- 1998 Irene's Institute of Myomassology - 500 hour massage therapy training
- 1996 Valdosta State University - B.S. Psychology
- I LOVE to learn!
- I am fascinated with the Mind-Body connection and enjoy helping client's release pain - physically, emotionally and spiritually
- I enjoy teaching students how to help others release pain from their worlds
- I am hoping to attend several trade shows this year
- I enjoy spending time with my friends and family doing whatever we should choose to do!
- Playing with my daughter
- Traveling the world - I have been to most of the continental United States, Honduras, Costa Rica, Mexico, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Bermuda, and a few others.
- I like to go to the movies, although I don't very often!
- I love a good Happy Hour - Again doesn't happen often, but feels like a real treat to have a good glass of wine with a good friend when everyone else is still working :)
- It is VERY important to me to bring my brother's spirit with me in all place at all times. He may be gone from this world, but I can keep him alive in mine.
Bill Dubis - My brother, friend, business partner, and inspiration from the spirit world - He is with me always, in all things~
My Social Networks
- Linked in Facebook Twitter
- LOVE LIFE
- Cherish my FAMILY and FRIENDS
- Learn Dreamweaver
- Learn Captivate 4
- Learn Presenter 7
- Learn PHP
- Learn to skin my MediaWiki
- Learn MOODLE
- Clean my garage
- LOVE LIFE
- The Fruits of my Labor:
- Cooperative Educator Homepage
- MOODLE homepage
- Wiki for Health-care Practitioners
I just downloaded the Wiki in hopes of one day creating a place for practitioners to share knowledge with other practitioners. Serves the goal of increasing the interaction between and wisdom of Heath-care professionals (and maybe clients too)!
FREE Tools I Use in E-Learning Course Development:
- Learning Tools Directory
- XMIND XMind is a brainstorming and mind mapping software.
- Hot Potatoes The Hot Potatoes suite includes six applications, enabling you to create interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword, matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises for the World Wide Web. Hot Potatoes is freeware, and you may use it for any purpose or project you like. It is not open-source. Integrates with MOODLE.
- Screentoaster Tool that recorders your computer screen with possibilities for video integration in lectures and presentations.
My Wiki Educator Courses
- Mind Body Integration - Intro
- My sandbox
- To continue to increase my knowledge of the healing arts, strengthen my understanding of the mind/body connection, and effectively help others by leading a complete existence.
My Wiki To Do List
Install my own MediaWiki on my own Hosting account
- Configure Wiki permissions
- Read MediaWiki Help documents
Upload My Logo to Homepage
Learn to add Extensions
- Video Flash Player
- MP3 Player
What You See is What You Get editing
- Google Analytics Tracking
- Skin Wiki to match my other sites
- Find tutorials or a book to help